World Darts Championship 2024

14 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Legs on his throw were like a top tennis player’s service game - almost seemed unfair and a huge advantage.

Cross on the other hand was under almost constant pressure on his throw.

A very convincing win by the young lad.

Funny you should mention tennis, I was just thinking this is like when Boris Becker would Wimbledon, a teenager unknown by the general public just playing without fear and blowing more experienced players away 

• Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hotel breakfast has a fruit wholemeal toast option!!

Just think for a 16 year old it's a particular shame he's so unhealthy 

Have you never seen a darts player before? 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

25 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ha....it's just such a shame when a young lad is storing up a Bristow style early heart attack 

Humphries proves it can be done without a belly ballast 

That's a bit harsh IMO. He's overweight but not exceptionally so for a lad of his age in our country. One of the things people like about darts is that it's normal people, it's not an athletic endeavor. 

IMO a large part of weight is about habits etc. His mum is a larger lady too, and to hear him talk about kebabs etc shows he has developed some bad habits.

Older darts players are probably larger than your average, but I suspect this is down to living out of a hotel and drinking so much. As for Humphries, he used to be much larger and made the effort to lose it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Apparently 2.32 million watched Littler's match last night, beating the record of 1.65 million for Taylor v Anderson from 2015.

You can sense this in the wider world. My Irish inlaws are over and everyone was sat around watching him last night; it's usually me in one room and everyone else in the other. My near-80 year old mother-in-law had literally no idea what was happening, yet was shouting at thr TV.

I've also been getting texts from people about it who never watch darts, showing just how much it has made the news.

He's a phenomenon, but I think tonight will be one step too far. I reckon 7-5 something like that but Humphries has finally brought his form from the whole year to the worlds.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed - He needs to start eating more healthily though

possibly but remember being fit and being healthy are 2 entirely different things "fit" people drop dead all the time compared to some of their less fitter counterparts who soldier on way in to old age - everything in moderation - maybe one kebab a week instead of every night may be a sensible way to go 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Apparently 2.32 million watched Littler's match last night, beating the record of 1.65 million for Taylor v Anderson from 2015.

That's a massive viewing figure for Sky.

and am sure with LL  having a 21 year old beauty consultant girlfriend he will be burning off the calories with plenty of keep fit routines  - plenty of press ups etc

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

You can sense this in the wider world. My Irish inlaws are over and everyone was sat around watching him last night; it's usually me in one room and everyone else in the other. My near-80 year old mother-in-law had literally no idea what was happening, yet was shouting at thr TV.

I've also been getting texts from people about it who never watch darts, showing just how much it has made the news.

He's a phenomenon, but I think tonight will be one step too far. I reckon 7-5 something like that but Humphries has finally brought his form from the whole year to the worlds.

The. New. York. Times.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

possibly but remember being fit and being healthy are 2 entirely different things "fit" people drop dead all the time compared to some of their less fitter counterparts who soldier on way

That's an old argument that doesn't bear up to much scrutiny Johnny 

Yes some fitness fanatics die young and some fat smokers live longer 

The above statement should never be used to say we all might as well be fat and smoke /booze it up

The laws of averages apply 

If not then all kinds of things can be said 

E.g. I know someone who regularly (weekly) drives with 5 pints in his system or more....and always has since we were 17.. He has never had so much as a dent in his car after 30 years of driving 

He could argue that he has never had an accident but people have fatal car crashes whilst sober ever day... therefore it is okay to drink and drive in moderation

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

That's an old argument that doesn't bear up to much scrutiny Johnny 

Yes some fitness fanatics die young and some fat smokers live longer 

The above statement should never be used to say we all might as well be fat and smoke /booze it up

the laws averages apply 

If not then all kids if things can be said 

E.g. I know someone who regularly (weekly drives with 5 pints in his system or more)....and always has since we were 17.. He has never had so much a dent in his car after 30 years of driving 

he could argue that seeing as be has never had an accident but people have fatal car crashes whilst sober ever day... therefore it is okay to drink and drive in moderation

who didnt feel invincible age 16? - the boy wonder must be feeling super invincible at the min - doubt he's worried about not getting enough all bran in his diet at the min - why does everyone have to be labelled and picked to pieces till they're miserable these days- he will be fine 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

who didnt feel invincible age 16? - the boy wonder must be feeling super invincible at the min - doubt he's worried about not getting enough all bran in his diet at the min - why does everyone have to be labelled and picked to pieces till they're miserable these days- he will be fine 

He'll be fine for now I agree

Look I'm no paradigm of virtue ...I lift weights and stay in good shape but I drink too much and wish I didn't .....because I know by law of averages I'll live less quality years 

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He'll be fine for now I agree

Look I'm no paradigm of virtue ...I lift weights and stay in good shape but I drink too much and wish I didn't .....because I know by law of averages I'll live less quality years 

less money greedy care home workers will be able to fleece from you then as you sit in confused squalor - enjoy yourself - smoke and explode- sell all your clothes - while you can

39 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If that's true then that is depressing to be honest 

Genuine question where in the country do you live Max?

download (3).jpeg

I'm not saying he's not overweight, and probably like most people I've commented on it at some point. I'm from the North West, and he wouldn't be something way out of the ordinary.

He's hardly Andy Fordham, and he's young enough that it isn't necessarily set in for life. If you look at earlier videos of him, it's clear that he's really put the weight on in the past couple of years.

Maybe he used to be able to eat what he liked, and it's just caught up with him? Maybe the increased darts schedule has meant he's been eating a lot more fast food?

Who knows, but it's a bit early to be claiming he's on his way to a premature heart attack.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

His approach for finishes although not unique is different from the norm. Reminds me of when Whitlock joined the PDC. 140 on treble 18s last night.

He did one last night, I can't quite remember but he put himself on D10 in an unconventional way and it was insane.

He is the camerman's worst nightmare, they miss loads of his finishes.

Really looking forward to it tonight.

Whoever wins it's been an earth shattering incredible debut.

Luke Humphries was awesome last night too. Either are deserving winners. But it would be insane to see Littler win it. Absolutely insane. 

• Like 1