New Pitch Markings?

So, for someone like me who’s been asking for uniform pitch markings in SL for a long time (I appreciate there’s been bigger issues) - I think it might have finally happened! Either that or a massive coincidence. 

Warrington are now going with a single red lines on the 20 and 40 metre lines, as they do in the NRL. I’ve noticed today the Rhinos have done the same - last season both clubs would’ve had the double white/red line. It sounds insignificant but if there’s some joined up thinking on this then we could see an end to each club basically marking out the pitch however they see fit. 

Anyway, I know at least one other forum member who’ll appreciate this…the rest of you mind your business if it’s not your bag 😅

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

So, for someone like me who’s been asking for uniform pitch markings in SL for a long time (I appreciate there’s been bigger issues) - I think it might have finally happened! Either that or a massive coincidence. 

Warrington are now going with a single red lines on the 20 and 40 metre lines, as they do in the NRL. I’ve noticed today the Rhinos have done the same - last season both clubs would’ve had the double white/red line. It sounds insignificant but if there’s some joined up thinking on this then we could see an end to each club basically marking out the pitch however they see fit. 

Anyway, I know at least one other forum member who’ll appreciate this…the rest of you mins your business if it’s not your bag 😅

The Bulls have had this at the Hull FC and Leeds games.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, M j M said:

I actually prefer the dual red/white line but yes being consistent on this sort of stuff should have happened years ago.

GFfd1FSXwAAWjZB?format=jpg&name=large

I think it’ll look better and more prominent in the summer months. I’m also not sure how affective it’ll look on pitches with a short 10m line, assuming that’ll still be a dash marked white line. 

Think this is definitely being adopted then - Hull FC at home to Wigan was another one with the same. Actually suits the clubs who share with football teams as well I’d imagine, as surely easier to cover up a single red line. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, M j M said:

I actually prefer the dual red/white line but yes being consistent on this sort of stuff should have happened years ago.

GFfd1FSXwAAWjZB?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I prefer the red and white together. The 20m line is a prominent line on an RL pitch, I'm not mad sure there is a reason for changing it from white to red after almost 130 years. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, I prefer the red and white together. The 20m line is a prominent line on an RL pitch, I'm not mad sure there is a reason for changing it from white to red after almost 130 years. 

I am sure you wouldn’t begrudge IMG their multi million fee for having suggested it. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I am sure you wouldn’t begrudge IMG their multi million fee for having suggested it. 

To be fair, we're just falling in line with our masters from Down Under. 

Red lines on the 40 and 20 at Dewsbury today.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

If you put a RL fan in a room with just a mirror they'd still find something to disagree about.

In Yorkshire we wouldn't even need the mirror.

• Haha 5

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

In Yorkshire we wouldn't even need the mirror.

They fear the mirror in Yorkshire. The other you who lives in the glass world.

You can tell this by the hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Do Castleford put the red line on the 30 metre one in the absence of having 40m line? 🤣🤣🤣

I was waiting for that one.

• Haha 1

The bigger question for me is whether we will have a more professional attitude to the painting out of the soccer lines at shared grounds. So often, it's a disgrace how they've only made a lazy, token, cost-cutting effort and we have grid-frenzy with lines and circles everywhere. There should be more event-pride in doing a proper job. Where the reverse applies (painting out the rugby lines for soccer), the rugby lines miraculously disappear back to green. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemmy xaan said:

The bigger question for me is whether we will have a more professional attitude to the painting out of the soccer lines at shared grounds. So often, it's a disgrace how they've only made a lazy, token, cost-cutting effort and we have grid-frenzy with lines and circles everywhere. There should be more event-pride in doing a proper job. Where the reverse applies (painting out the rugby lines for soccer), the rugby lines miraculously disappear back to green. 

That last bit isn't true I've seen plenty of soccer games with the remanence of rugby (both codes) markings 

• Like 4

I've seen some interesting comments on Twitter. The people I've seen commenting are colorblind and can't see the red line on the green grass. I wonder if we could go back to having a red line and maybe a white dashed line or something else to differentiate it?

1 hour ago, Arizonared said:

I've seen some interesting comments on Twitter. The people I've seen commenting are colorblind and can't see the red line on the green grass. I wonder if we could go back to having a red line and maybe a white dashed line or something else to differentiate it?

Yeah, I'm surprised this one hasn't come up before in Oz, although I wonder if it due to worse floodlights at certain places. 

The way they mark lines in the NRL looks better. The NRL should take over the IRL, that's the way I've seen it for years, the NRL are the real governing body of RL. 

• Haha 2

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales