Game's gone

6 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Surprised at this with so many now boycotting games 😉

I hope Im wrong but the games needs some balls and but tonight on a awful rainy night in Castleford The Tigers fans were ripped off as were at least half of the fans watching it on Sky and the BBC and I take the words from past and currant players like Kevin Brown and Ashton Golding then anyone saying that red was the right decisions.

Reminds me of Ian Roberts trying to sue the Australian Rugby League despite what he did to Garry Jack.

2 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Even better, let's just invent a tablet that gives you dementia and cut out the middle man.

I don't think contact sports are you thing then.....even betters lets just stop war first.

3 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Even better, let's just invent a tablet that gives you dementia and cut out the middle man.

I don't know why you wish to stop what some people enjoy doing. No one is forced to do those sports.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Ban Boxing, Muay Thai, NHL, UFC etc

Every single one of those sports vigorously enforces the rules of play.  In fact, I think there is a very good argument to say every one of them penalises foul play far more than Rugby League does.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, EggFace said:

I don't think contact sports are you thing then.....even betters lets just stop war first.

I think giving the example of 'stop war' is a good one considering that surely everyone would do given the opportunity to.

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't know why you wish to stop what some people enjoy doing. No one is forced to do those sports.

What professional rugby league player started the sport (I.e. at the age of approx 6) knowing what the lasting effects are?

56 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Ban Boxing, Muay Thai, NHL, UFC etc

Falls in the home,  driving......

I ( and I trust others) are interested in what our sport does, how it responds to new knowledge about the long term life- limiting  implications to players of rugby league. Other sports will undoubtedly do the same.

Edited by JohnM

2 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

What professional rugby league player started the sport (I.e. at the age of approx 6) knowing what the lasting effects are?

The post you quoted wasn't about Rugby League.

Anyhow if you wish to focus again on that, no professional Rugby League player has been forced to be so. They have all chosen to pursue RL as a career.

• Like 2

That's with Wigan away from home too.

Although on the reverse, London, Salford and Hull KR (in this fixture) would have provided significantly smaller attendances had they been at home instead.

Catalans and Warrington is pretty negligible a difference, Leigh probably put a few thousand on Hudds too but for opening night who knows at the John Smiths.

Edited by Tommygilf

1 hour ago, Jim from Oz said:

What is the all-time attendance record for a six game super league round? Thanks 🙏 

83 357, Easter 2023. 

Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity 8,075; Hull FC v Hull KR 20,985 (capacity), Wigan Warriors v St Helens 24,275 (capacity);  Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils 6,002, Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves 10,786; Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants 13,234

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

83 357, Easter 2023. 

Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity 8,075; Hull FC v Hull KR 20,985 (capacity), Wigan Warriors v St Helens 24,275 (capacity);  Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils 6,002, Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves 10,786; Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants 13,234

Obviously with no Wakefield we can't have the same set of fixtures but if we could I think that's certainly beatable. There is certainly scope for Leigh, Leeds and Cas to get more there. Also was the Hull derby really a capacity, the stadium holds a touch over 25k?

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Proof that grading system and tv deal deal will kill the game

It's possible for something to be stupid and wrong and the the sport still attracting support for the product in its own right.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Falls in the home,  driving......

I ( and I trust others) are interested in what our sport does, how it responds to new knowledge about the long term life- limiting  implications to players of rugby league. Other sports will undoubtedly do the same.

Then Touch Rugby is your game...plus don't Surf in South Africa or get in your car, pack in the drink and don't head bang to AC/DC....Man, Woman up.

41 minutes ago, M j M said:

It's possible for something to be stupid and wrong and the the sport still attracting support for the product in its own right.

You’re missing my point, we were told by some that it would adversely effect the people watching the sport

Some fixtures are more attractive to fans than others, the "random" outcomes of the fixture computer are always going to mean a rounds attendance will vary, the longer average will be more interesting, but it won't be possible to work it out for all clubs...

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Obviously with no Wakefield we can't have the same set of fixtures but if we could I think that's certainly beatable. There is certainly scope for Leigh, Leeds and Cas to get more there. Also was the Hull derby really a capacity, the stadium holds a touch over 25k?

We need a year where Wigan and Hull fc and Leeds are at home on Easter weekend.