Ow'dam

andyacko

I think we only have to worry about ourselves on Sunday. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

I think we only have to worry about ourselves on Sunday. 

Agreed. We have more than enough talent to negotiate the fixture but we need to do so with our sensible heads on. We already have players missing through injury and I don't think we'll be seeing Dagger back for a while after the disciplinary, and possible 1 or 2 others as well. If our discipline is anything like it was against Eagles we'll be piggy-backying Oldham down the pitch and making life hard for ourselves again. Let's see our game plan in action rather than reacting to opposition antagonism.

Edited by JonT
  • Like 2

Most supporters i speak to at the end of last season and the beginning of this season said we were to light up top and looking at the squad for tomorrow's game we only have 3 recognised props in the squad.

The yeds apparently bringing a good following, should make for a great atmosphere just hope the players behave so we can watch some free flowing rugby today.

Looking forward to todays game be nice to see us play some rugby after last weeks match.

Oldham have signed well but have lost 3 forwards which will be a big loss for them let’s hope the ref lets the game flow.

Great first half of rugby league today and didn't give Oldham any chance to get a foothold in the game and the game was over by half time,second half was a bit of a mixed bag which maybe down to the players taking the foot of the peddle,but on the whole a whole lot better than last week.

• Like 3

Agree good first half performance totally dominated the only thing that got Oldham field position was the short restarts after we scored.

We did fall away in the second half it became very scrappy if we had kept the foot on the gas we would have put 60+ on them.

I watched the 2 televised games of oldhams they looked good but today I thought they were poor Keighley may push them in league 1.

6 minutes ago, Roger York said:

Agree good first half performance totally dominated the only thing that got Oldham field position was the short restarts after we scored.

We did fall away in the second half it became very scrappy if we had kept the foot on the gas we would have put 60+ on them.

I watched the 2 televised games of oldhams they looked good but today I thought they were poor Keighley may push them in league 1.

I agree with most of that Roger but I would like to add I thought our defence was very good for the most part today and was probably a lot to do with Oldham not being as impressive as they were at Barrow. In a nutshell, the Knights didn't let a dangerous looking Oldham get going. 

41 minutes ago, Roger York said:

According to some Oldham fans on their site, they have already won League One.

Yes I read that it’s down to the budget apparently, the same fans thought they should beat us today with the money they spent.

Oldham should win league 1 and no doubt will be a strong championship team in time but as we know you can have the players but they sometimes don’t play as a team.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, andyacko said:

According to some Oldham fans on their site, they have already won League One.

I know,a little misguided. You've not won anything until you've won it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I know,a little misguided. You've not won anything until you've won it 

Still think you'll come out top though. Would have been a better contest with Koppy, ET and Pat Moran playing.

51 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Still think you'll come out top though. Would have been a better contest with Koppy, ET and Pat Moran playing.

no need for excuses , we were good but they were poor

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

no need for excuses , we were good but they were poor

I hope our lads aren't a bit miffed at not getting the credit for their work in defence and making Oldham look poor. Credit where credit's due, I thought they looked dangerous in the 2nd half when we took our foot off the gas and showed what they could have done if we hadn't got stuck in in the first 40.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andyacko said:

Oldham should, you're right. I just don't count my chickens.

• Like 1