Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Would not be surprised to see a ban incoming for Brad day for that tackle. It didn't look great, defender poor head position. Probably a red if its a Sky game.

image.png.0e276647add0472be74d7424304b137b.png

Said at the time he'd have been in trouble if there was a video referee.

In related news, I'm glad I don't have to watch Jack Smith referee very often. Absolutely no idea what a forward pass is or isn't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The full tarm hooter ends the torment.

Hudds 50 Hull FC 6.

52:6, according what I can see.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a pleasure to watch Leigh v Fev this afternoon, cracking game and wonderful presentation from The Sportsman. Hands down better than last night's utter dross on the field and off it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

What a pleasure to watch Leigh v Fev this afternoon, cracking game and wonderful presentation from The Sportsman. Hands down better than last night's utter dross on the field and off it.

Been nice if it had been at home but happy with that and our 3 tries,expected a far bigger score from Leigh to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

No, which in itself is ridiculous.

How could the TV cameras miss out on the Cas' coach going back to the ground where there is an actual Craig Lingard Terrace ? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Fev with 32 start was a steal. Never going to be an easy game. 

What start did Hull get ? Didn't expect that regardless of how poor Hull have been.

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Another hammering for Tony Smith, will he hang on to his job? These Smith's seem to have the knack.

The Robins will certainly be licking their lips at the prospect of inflicting a 3rd consecutive 50-point drubbing on Hull...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

In related news, I'm glad I don't have to watch Jack Smith referee very often. Absolutely no idea what a forward pass is or isn't.

Yep. Generally refereed OK I thought but at least a couple of odd forward pass calls, one allowing a Leigh try and the other stopping Fev in their tracks for no reason when building momentum. Overall though Leigh just has a bit much for Fev and deserved the win.

Really looking forward to seeing the Fev v Wakey rematch next Friday. Wakey will need to be right up for it and ensure execution is spot on if Fev can reproduce that performance.

Just now, north yorks trinity said:

Yep. Generally refereed OK I thought but at least a couple of odd forward pass calls, one allowing a Leigh try and the other stopping Fev in their tracks for no reason when building momentum. Overall though Leigh just has a bit much for Fev and deserved the win.

Really looking forward to seeing the Fev v Wakey rematch next Friday. Wakey will need to be right up for it and ensure execution is spot on if Fev can reproduce that performance.

Yeah I agree, Leigh won the battle in the middle but we kept in it with some long range tries. We were our own worst enemy when we made it into their 20 and never really built any sustained pressure.

10 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Cas score after 2 mins of the 2nd half. They should be a bit more relaced now. Long way back for Batley.

Odd that, I'm listening on line and the teams have only just come out!!! Going to shut this down now and listen "as live".