Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 16:30

I thought that was a good game between 2 good teams. Both of them have superb players, and clearly know what they need to do. Very entertaining. Leigh have just got too many injuries to be at the top table, but the wheel will turn. And the ground looked and sounded absolutely brilliant - and that was for a cup game. It makes you wonder just how big they could become… 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

“Come on Mikey” says the female BBC commentator as Lewis goes for the conversion.

FFS!

I hate commentary "banter" more than most, but you are taking that comment out of context.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

He wasn’t really ‘Downtown’ though was he as quoted by the ref. The lazy sod didn’t even retire behind the ptb, therefore should have no involvement in the play whatsoever. 

He would have had more use being a traffic light on the Humber Bridge on that play, never mind following play being within 10 meters !

At least Hanley retired behind the ptb. Shaun Edwards was the same. 

No Ellery was downtown on a regular basis. He was often in front of the PTB

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LeeF said:

No Ellery was downtown on a regular basis. He was often in front of the PTB

We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown, don't wait a minute more
Downtown, everything's waiting for you. 👍🙂

26 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Sharon's a York lass, and Mikey Lewis was loved at the Knights when he was on loan with us a couple of seasons ago and got us to the 1895 cup final. Bit of retrospective home-town bias there 😄

Sharon and John made a good commentary team, as did Sharon and Kevin Brown for Leeds Saints in the last round. I know there's some dissatisfaction with the BBC treatment of the cup generally, but it's unfair to include the commentators in that. I like Sharon's enthusiasm for the game, and that she concentrates on the game itself rather than giving us lots of facts and figures. (As a Wigan fan I've no axe to grind).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Rubbish.

GOAT.

He certainly was. Even in the twilight of his career, he was an absolute pain in the backside to tackle. 

Very strong and in my opinion one of the World Best EVER !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worzel said:

That was never a strip in a month of Sundays. Minchella can’t actively strip the ball with his shoulder, the ball carrier was responsible for holding onto it or not. Absolutely incompetent. 

Boooooooo

Referee's a *******

Well he was while you were losing!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Can't recall any positive input into a Leigh game this season.  Awful these days.

He was man of the match in the opening game for some reason, he did very little in that one too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Click said:

How did he play no part in the move whatsoever? He was one of the support players running through, and next to the player who caught and scored the try. 

He was also impeding the defensive line by being ahead of the play the ball which is what the ruling is, he has to be behind the play the ball or he can't get involved in the play, he was clearly involved in the play.

17 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Boooooooo

Referee's a *******

Well he was while you were losing!!!

Mate read my posts, I gave Leigh credit. We still battered them overall though. 2 disallowed tries and 3 daft dropped balls during line breaks, even the 1st half could have been very different.

And I’m not falling for their fake “injury crisis” though… a side with Moylan, Lam and Dwyer running things? Cry me a river, the struggle is real…! 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

The best team won in the end good game though Leigh didn’t hand the trophy back with out a fight. Having said that I’m half expecting Degsy to do a Trump and not actually hand the trophy back at all. 

Will he keep as it the trophy for his new elite competition that he's setting up due to an overall?

Just now, Worzel said:

Mate read my posts, I gave Leigh credit. We still battered them overall though. 2 disallowed tries and 3 daft dropped balls during line breaks, even the 1st half could have been very different.

And I’m not falling for their fake “injury crisis” though… a side with Moylan, Lam and Dwyer running things? Cry me a river, the struggle is real…! 🤣

Battered ???? 🤣  result was in doubt till the last try.

And i agree about this poor Leigh narrative, basically they are 1 season wonders and their squad players aren't good enough, it's all an excuse to try and cover up how poor they've been this year.

It was a good game as a neutral as i said it would be, congrats to KR for getting to their 3rd consecutive semi-finals.

It will hot up in the semi final for sure. Leigh’s fitness nowhere near that of last years but pleased overall with the discipline and the attacking prowess. 

Defensively over the 80 mins, not that of a top SL team. 

Saints and Wigan on the other hand ?

Good luck to HKR. I am a huge supporter of the underdog and I hope one of them or Hudds go all the way 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well well pleased with Leigh's effort against one of the front runners this year, we won't be wondering how the replacements will do as the season goes on when we get our premier players back.

Also think Mikey Lewis is a wonderful player, but he is also one of those who likes to give it but can't take it, trouble is players of that ilk set themselves up for a rude awakening, he will eventually get it.

Apart from Asiata and Ipape, which other premier players did Leigh have unavailable?

It looked a pretty strong line up, the way the "little old Leigh" fans have been going on about being understrength I was expecting of their academy side to be named 😑

• Haha 1

Leigh I thought did very well and tried to get up quick and into our faces, which I think caught us a bit off guard. I thought they may of Brought a few more fans considering they are the current holders, but ones that did  come certainly made plenty of noise👏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

I hate commentary "banter" more than most, but you are taking that comment out of context.

How in God's name can you suggest that was out of context?

She was commentating for the supposedly entirely unbiased BBC and was willing a Hull KR player to kick a goal that would give them an advantage against another team.

Please tell me how that was anything other than bias.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

How in God's name can you suggest that was out of context?

She was commentating for the supposedly entirely unbiased BBC and was willing a Hull KR player to kick a goal that would give them an advantage against another team.

Please tell me how that was anything other than bias.

Wasn’t it because John Kear had said he’d get a round in if Lewis kicked the goal so she jokingly cheered him on. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Wasn’t it because John Kear had said he’d get a round in if Lewis kicked the goal so she jokingly cheered him on. 

Ah, apologies if so, I didn't hear that bit.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Yes that's what I heard too, she hadn't just pulled on a Rovers top.

I thought her commentary was decent and she seemed more comfortable than in the game the other week.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.