Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:00

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 18:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

I wonder what private thoughts each coach is having.  I thought this would be something of a transition season for Les Dracs, but the fact that half the league victories have been against the Wire and the Saints makes me increasingly, if still tentatively, optimistic.  Steve Mac will, I am sure, have his eyes set on Old Trafford.

I wonder if Ian Watson really thinks the Giants could go all the way to Old Trafford too.  He may feel that a more realistic chance for silverware would be to put everything into the remaining rounds of the challenge cup.

That slight, possible difference of emphasis on the cup between the two coaches might manifest itself in the final 17 that each selects.  Les Dracs' squad looks, at least in theory, strong, but I wonder who will ultimately be omitted.

I think the Giants might edge this one by about four points.  That said, if they don't it is worth noting that the last time Catalans beat Huddersfield in a cup quarter final was in 2018 (by 20 points to 6) and we know how things then went!

The Giants are a very good side, with a very smart coach, who can score a lot of points. Their style is well suited to going up against the Dragons. I think they will win with something to spare. 

We have a great record over there, i'm always confident so will go for a Fartown win by 6, it's about time we won this bloody trophy!!!

Shame it's with 2 weeks notice though as i would have liked to have gone, will have to make do with June instead.

Its worth noting that Huddersfield winning their last 3 games against the powerhouses that are currently London, Cas, and Hull doesn't make them a shoe in to win at Catalan, Cats by plenty and a reality check for the giants.

• Haha 3

Catalans starting Nikorima over Rougé. What an embarrassing joke, what more do they wan’t from the kid to give him a starting spot. Rougé should really start looking elsewhere, could be a starting spot open at Hull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

Catalans starting Nikorima over Rougé. What an embarrassing joke, what more do they wan’t from the kid to give him a starting spot. Rougé should really start looking elsewhere, could be a starting spot open at Hull.

I wouldn't wish that on the lad

• Haha 2

On 11/04/2024 at 18:48, Exiled Wiganer said:

The Giants are a very good side, with a very smart coach, who can score a lot of points. Their style is well suited to going up against the Dragons. I think they will win with something to spare. 

Whoever wrote that knows their onions. 

Having re watched the Giants Wigan game recently, I came away thinking we were very lucky to get one of our games against them out of the way. Good players and a good coach will take a team a long way. 

• Like 3

Bernard wants his bond back.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.