Sun 28th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/24 at 14:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

For this neutral, this is the game at the bottom of my list to watch from this weekends fixtures, Leeds can't lose this can they?

This is Leeds, even in our golden generation years we could easily throw up an absolute stinker and lose games we should win.

Of course we can lose this game.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

For this neutral, this is the game at the bottom of my list to watch from this weekends fixtures, Leeds can't lose this can they?

Yes Harry they can.

Paul Rowley rejects to win their second game of the season.

Anyone want some of this acid stuff I've just got hold of?

It's bloody marvellous.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds injury list mounting for this game looking like

Handley

Newman

Fusitua

Holroyd

Bentley

Gannon

are all out, should give some kids some decent game time

Should also give some ready made excuses too...

On 25/04/2024 at 12:58, Father Ted said:

Hull are not very good

Master of the understatement.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm not usually a fan of sacking the coach without very good reason, but it might be for the best if Leeds don't perform well and it leads to some kind of change.
I expect Leeds to win a scrappy game but I wouldn't put any money on it.

44 minutes ago, JDR said:

I'm not usually a fan of sacking the coach without very good reason, but it might be for the best if Leeds don't perform well and it leads to some kind of change.

Personally I hope that Leeds perform well and a win here and a good win against London kick starts our season. two wins could see us top 5 or 4

I'm not a fan of people wanting coaches sacked, and I'm not one for wanting a my team to lose so that it happens. Look at Huddersfield the daggers were out for Ian Watson even this year!

FWIW I think Smith will go at the end of the year by his own choice, I'm not sure he's actually a fan of how SL is played or it suits his coaching style, I think he'll just want to go back and coach in Australia

• Like 2

Fair do - it's extremely rare for me to think like that or express it out loud. Maybe a refresh at the end of this season will work.

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds injury list mounting for this game looking like

Handley

Newman

Fusitua

Holroyd

Bentley

Gannon

are all out, should give some kids some decent game time

They're all ###### anyway.

Would love to see Hull win this, LOVE IT!!

18 minutes ago, JDR said:

Fair do - it's extremely rare for me to think like that or express it out loud. Maybe a refresh at the end of this season will work.

IMO Sackings should only occur if there's a real deep rooted issue with player/management/coach or if performances are literally so bad there's no choice (not sure Leeds are at that point yet)

Pointless sacking someone with no plan on who to replace them

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Pointless sacking someone with no plan on who to replace them

I agree with this. In the absence of a Director of Rugby however whose role is, in part, to keep tabs on available coaches and those that could best fit their team's style and players, I doubt we'd ever be at that stage...

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I agree with this. In the absence of a Director of Rugby however whose role is, in part, to keep tabs on available coaches and those that could best fit their team's style and players, I doubt we'd ever be at that stage...

I personally think we'll get a DOR in place for next season

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

I personally think we'll get a DOR in place for next season

I'd hope so, but then again I've been hoping that since Sinfield left in 2021... Again as well it is a question of "who"?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Personally I hope that Leeds perform well and a win here and a good win against London kick starts our season. two wins could see us top 5 or 4

I'm not a fan of people wanting coaches sacked, and I'm not one for wanting a my team to lose so that it happens. Look at Huddersfield the daggers were out for Ian Watson even this year!

FWIW I think Smith will go at the end of the year by his own choice, I'm not sure he's actually a fan of how SL is played or it suits his coaching style, I think he'll just want to go back and coach in Australia

I tend to agree.

Those who say the coach should go if they lose have already made their minds up.  That is in their mind he should be sacked as you surely can not decide on a game if you lose. In other words they have decided and no matter what happens he should go, they will say the same at a later juncture if they win. 

As I have said before, what would the decision viewpoint have been at half time in the last game or with 18 mins to go.  I'm sure the voices would not have been so loud for his sacking... yet following those 18 minutes he should go.

Personally my decision is made that he should go, irrespective  of the following games.   I don't think that will be the case as I think Gary H will give him more time... to add I hope hes right and Smith proves me wrong.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1