Cornwall

Can someone tell me why them players got sinbinned? Jeez the modern game is rubbish to watch compared to years ago, when players used to be in an 80 minute war. 

I bet the 3 new players  wonder what they've come to watching that today 🙈

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sums us up really , patchy . Good spell where we look good and then periods where everything is hard work . I hope one of these new forwards has an offload game because we’re crying out for one 

It was weirdly conservative 1st half, very few offloads, not a lot of play to wide areas etc, totally the opposite to the Rochdale game.

But a wins a win, added 30 odd points to the difference. Plenty to work on for Murray.

I thought Stephenson was outstanding today, obviously Burns and Sammut too. No one played poorly but a bit too much "score every play" going on.

Edited by dkw

3 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Can someone tell me why them players got sinbinned? Jeez the modern game is rubbish to watch compared to years ago, when players used to be in an 80 minute war. 

I bet the 3 new players  wonder what they've come to watching that today 🙈

Head high for a Towns, blatant 2nd and 3rd man in for Cornwalls first. Absolutely no idea for the Cornwall 2nd. Some odd stuff from the ref, just seemed to make up the advantage rule.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Archer's a stand off. I thought he would start today

Considering the time he's been out that wouldn't have been a good idea. He looked lacking in match fitness understandably, just needs eased back in the next few games.

• Like 4

Yeah I guess patchy was the right description. Burns was class again but were we trying something different at kickoff? It was shocking miscommunication and would've cost us against a better team. 

Add some better structure to the good stuff we did and cut out the daft errors and we'll be fine. 

Next week should be good and a difficult selection headache for Muzz especially with Scholey and Walker available.  Looking forward to seeing the new lads. 

We'll have to wait and see what role he wants Archer to play but that's another string to our bow. Interesting times to be a Townie. 

Well done to the club to get them here so quickly 👏 

• Like 4

Though sammut had by a mile his best game since returning to the club, in both attack and defence, matty was top draw again, Jack Stephenson was the pick of the forwards, and Jordan burns just gets better every game. Get Kieron, Stevie and the 3 new recruits next week and I think midlands might be in for a bit of a tonking 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Not a nice game to watch today and thought the referee was a spoiler.

We didn't get out of second gear today apart from 2 or 3 of the tries we scored which were brilliant.

Archer looked a big lad to be a stand off but great too see another new player out there.

Hopefully 3 debuts next week...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Notice young Marwood & Charlton haven't been playing or near the team a lot, have they left you guys or still there? 

Charlo is back playing amateur, not sure if that’s as dual reg, marwood was injured today but I would expect he’s pretty far down the pecking order at hooker and half back 

• Thanks 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Charlo is back playing amateur, not sure if that’s as dual reg, marwood was injured today but I would expect he’s pretty far down the pecking order at hooker and half back 

I thought that Charlo was in the squad.

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Notice young Marwood & Charlton haven't been playing or near the team a lot, have they left you guys or still there? 

Sure Charlo has been in a couple of matchday squads but has also been playing for Hensingham in recent weeks

• Thanks 1

After getting battered at home by Midlands last week, I’m sure all the fans and players expected Cornwall to just surrender from the kick off. Obviously that wasn’t the case, they all worked their socks off and made life difficult for us, our complacency and an awful ref didn’t help either. We need to up our game next week against a decent Midlands team, hopefully we can start attracting a few more down to DP. Burns was amazing yesterday, it’s great listening to his verbals, a born leader. UTT

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dkw said:

Considering the time he's been out that wouldn't have been a good idea. He looked lacking in match fitness understandably, just needs eased back in the next few games.

Agreed with Archer  ,  looked a bit overweight and not quite up to speed  ,  but he needed some game time  .  With the new recruits and a few that were missing yesterday can`t see him getting much time on the field . Think we will have to hand pick his games depending on the strength of the opposition .

• Like 1

Pleased with the win but thought we were a bit clunky at times, scored some lovely off the cuff tries but we seemed to be in 2nd year for a while maybe we thought Cornwall would just turn up and roll over, they certainly came with a good attitude and had some handy players, really looking forward to seeing the new lads playing and great to meet them yesterday, midlands will be a tough test but I'm backing town to turn up and play to their potential and turn it on.

Burns , Sammut, and our two wings the pick of the backs with Jack Stephenson and Matty the pick of the forwards . Not going to mention the ref 🤬.UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

• Like 1

Very clunky performance, but Town doing enough to win comfortably, our line defence is still a concern at times, won’t be as easy next week, and as long as we don’t get Mr Sweet or Mr Bennett as one is poor and the other inconsistent, or are they both poor and inconsistent , we should have too much for Midlands.

UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DocH said:

Yes Archer not what I was expecting, just taking the ball in, but seemed lively enough.

Did I see someone go off injured towards the end? Maybe him?

Think the lad deserves some slack, first game back after a knee operation after all

• Like 3

Er ...I haven't read any criticism just some uncertainty as to his position. Its you, not surprisingly I guess, trying to create some negativity. As I said he played pretty well.

• Like 1