Thur 2nd May: SL: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/24 at 19:30

Well held up!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gorgeous Field step and floated ball to the outside runner.

Catalans playing too much of the game in their half, and they don't have the speed across the field to score up the middle.

Shame Nikorima couldn't get the ball down. The game really needs a Catalans try now.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Ooh dear, Seguier doesn't look too great being helped off the field.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Garcia has failed his HIA and now things are looking worrying for the visitors.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Nice hands there and some selflessness from Wardle as the Pearl gets his 150th try. 

WIG 24:08 CAT

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Nsemba hasn't brought down every player he's tackled tonight, but what he's grabbed hold of, he's tended to keep hold of. And you can't run very fast with a bloke that size attached.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

that was a frustrating game to watch 2nd half... Catalans come out poor and continue giving easy penalties or 6 again making it easier for Wigan.

Wigan so much the better team 2nd half after what despite the penalties first half from Catalan I thought would be a real arm tussle 2nd half.

well done to wigan... mmmm not much to say about Catalan.

Just now, redjonn said:

that was a frustrating game to watch 2nd half... Catalans come out poor and continue giving easy penalties or 6 again making it easier for Wigan.

Wigan so much the better team 2nd half after what despite the penalties first half from Catalan I thought would be a real arm tussle 2nd half.

well done to wigan... mmmm not much to say about Catalan.

I've got 8 minutes left on my telly, has it already finished?

not actually watching the game in case sky tell me the score of the panthers v souths game from this morn -which am watching in the morn  - getting regular score updates in-between the darts though - cant expect cats to be as good as last season after all the departures and as the season wears on it will show more and more 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Nsemba hasn't brought down every player he's tackled tonight, but what he's grabbed hold of, he's tended to keep hold of. And you can't run very fast with a bloke that size attached.

And now he holds on to a difficult interception that defuses the Dragons' attack!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

I've got 8 minutes left on my telly, has it already finished?

chuckle... just my frustration... plus I've stopped watching.... hope I don't miss the super comeback...

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

chuckle... just my frustration... plus I've stopped watching.... hope I don't miss the super comeback...

Its happening Dragons only just behind.

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Its happening Dragons only just behind.

By the same amount as before

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

By the same amount as before

Now perhaps not

Field makes a great chase after a Bevan French kick and although he's brought down, Miski scores from the PTB.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Final Score Wigan 30:08 Catalans

I was fearing another dud performance after the first half hour, but something significant looks to have been set right.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Catalans invited Wigan onto them and didn't have a pace-changer to alter things once Wigan got on top. A flat performance, although the two journeys in six days may explain some of it.

• Thanks 1

Wigan stepped up the energy levels in the second half.Most pleasing thing about their performance for me was the chip over and try from Smith and the kick over for the last try.Players allowed to play what they see rather than stick to a rigid game plan with no invention.

• Like 3