Midlands Hurricanes

6 hours ago, UTT said:

Reading through the comments on yestiday's game its seems like everyone is blaming walker for it all surely it is not just down to one individual player it is down to the team as a whole to pull it together, Personally i think walker and forber play and work better together and sammut just plays his own game and isnt as good as he was being made out to be and makes alot of mistakes. I think everyone on the field yestiday didn't play to their abilities and all need to learn from it and go again in a weeks time after a rest. People putting them down all the time is not the way forward we need to show them were all behind them win or loose.

where was forber yestiday why is he being left out most week

I definitely don't blame Walker, nobody has 10/10 games every week, and he wasn't alone in being below par. If anyone has to take responsibility it has to be Muzz, it's his job to get the players ready and up for the game. If the whole team is playing badly then it has to be down to him. If our forwards are receiving the ball standing still, or are missing tackles then they need told or subbed.  The Midlands coach has his team fired up and enthusiastic, they had done their homework on our plays and neutralised our attack set after set. We seemed to have no idea that Callum McLelland likes to take the line on and waved him through.

Maybe if we had a ref that would have let us get a quick PTB we could have got some field position and got a roll on, but especially in the first half we played a lot of the game in our own half as they pinned us back with the big bombs and the wind at their backs. Predictably the wind dropped in the second half but we still struggled to get a lot of field position, and when we got into good positions we dropped the ball. I think it's tough calling Sammut out as he tried to make things happen, kicking out on the full aside I thought he had a decent game. His chip over the top took a wicked bounce which would have been a try and us within a score of them. 

They say not to over react whether you win or lose, Midlands have a decent team, they played well on the day and deserved to win. It's up to our lads to show the reaction in the next game, and Muzz to get them ripping it up. UTT

• Like 5

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

18 hours ago, UTT said:

People putting them down all the time is not the way forward we need to show them were all behind them win or loose.

Comments like this really wind me up . We are behind them , we go to watch them play Cornwall and Midlands , and  we’re a dwindling minority . You also need to tell it as you see it honestly or it’s not gonna be much of a forum 

• Like 10

On 05/05/2024 at 22:13, HurricanesSC said:

To me it looked like he punched Matty Welham straight in the face whilst on the ground. Referee was looking the other way (!) but the touch judge nearest saw it and flagged it to the ref.

The game had turned ugly by that point and had been stopped about four times in ten minutes. Was bound to result in somebody doing something daft.

It is not usual for a player to punch another without provocation, however it usually is the one retaliating that gets caught and rightly so will be suspended, hopefully the video has picked the up first offence and the Midlands player is punished also. 

you are right the game did turn ugly, due to constant lying on at the PTB not controlled effectively or to the rules of the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobg said:

It is not usual for a player to punch another without provocation, however it usually is the one retaliating that gets caught and rightly so will be suspended, hopefully the video has picked the up first offence and the Midlands player is punished also. 

you are right the game did turn ugly, due to constant lying on at the PTB not controlled effectively or to the rules of the 

walker retaliated to an elbow he recieved in the face from welham hopefully the video picked that up so he also gets punished as well i could see from where i was stood.

On 06/05/2024 at 19:03, Hate the rec said:

Matty Henson broken arm I'm hearing, if so we will miss him and can imagine Ciaran and Stevie spend some time on the sidelines, 🤞it won't be to long.

No broken bones for MH. So good news there at least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

22 hours ago, bobg said:

you are right the game did turn ugly, due to constant lying on at the PTB not controlled effectively or to the rules of the game.

Spot on Robert, though we are so naive in not lying on in the tackle as long as the opposition.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Spot on Robert, though we are so naive in not lying on in the tackle as long as the opposition.

Exactly what I said at the match, we should have laid on just as they were. We must be more street wise in that area, whatever the refs not picking up on you've got to push it to your advantage. Other teams are always better than us at this.

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

As a matter of interest watched 3 games at the weekend , Hull K R v Saints  , Leigh v Cas and Wigan v Catalans........first 2 games were crackers quick play the balls  and open games   ,  Wigan match slow play the balls and game a bit dour .

I see Caine is playing for seaton, hopefully it’s only a temporary hiatus from town, him and Jake Bradley at second row would be a great partnership, as when we play Stephenson at loose we struggle for a quality 2nd row partner for Jake 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2024 at 18:29, bobg said:

See the referee from last Sunday is back in the academy this weekend, he definitely needs more experience before being trialled at a  higher league level.

Edited by bobg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobg said:

See the referee from last Sunday is back in the academy this weekend, he definitely needs more experience before being trialled at a  higher league level.

Another issue bob is that they no longer have the old heads that past eras had as touch judges to help them when making the step up 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gillmeister80 said:

Another issue bob is that they no longer have the old heads that past eras had as touch judges to help them when making the step up 

100% Peter, totally agree.

On 06/05/2024 at 21:03, The Voodooguru said:

I definitely don't blame Walker......

That certainly wasn't my intention either. Apparently he had been ill and he just didn't seem quite with it for me. Him and Burns always among first names on team sheet for me. Sammut often has a mixed game but for me the positives far out weigh the negatives. I think its our best half back pairing by some way. 

Would love to see Barnes back too!

• Like 3

And this week Cornwall go to Midlands Hurricanes and wjn 24 - 22.  Funny old game!!!!!!

• Like 2

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

9 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Cornwall seem to be improving week on week

Which doesn't say much for our performance last week. We need to be beating these teams

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Which doesn't say much for our performance last week. We need to be beating these teams

100% 

• Like 2