Jump to content

Hunslet


Recommended Posts

On 01/06/2024 at 13:33, bigapple said:

Any word on the team .....good to see Blain back ,lots of rumours doing the rounds re Jarrod

missing for 8 weeks hope not. 

Come on lads UTT

Missing for 10 weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I was gonna say how did we lose that game but the obvious answer is we’re not good enough . We were terrible in the first half and had endless chances in the second half . I thought they were pretty rubbish tbh but I guess that tells us where we are 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute shambles from start to finish lacked leadership around the field biggest player on the field in tongia playing 2nd row tabu played 20 mins max 

5 pounds a ticket is all good and well but rugby on the field has got to be better to keep the fans coming in and running out off larger and chips etc isn't a good advertisement for the fans that don't normally come 

I'm afraid Mr Murray has got to be on borrowed time especially when the arguably one off the best coaches around is our main director 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I was gonna say how did we lose that game but the obvious answer is we’re not good enough . We were terrible in the first half and had endless chances in the second half . I thought they were pretty rubbish tbh but I guess that tells us where we are 

It showed how bad they are when town decided to play and up the intensity they had no answers but after all the territory and possession second half we still could really create another chance. Even Mossop’s try should never have happened if they were half decent. Some of those errors 1st half were dreadful, and I know the ref was awful but Murray berating him at the end looked like he was trying to deflect from yet another disappointing performance. This side is a top 4 side without a doubt, but we have no identity and no leadership whatsoever. We’re not a solid defensive team, we’re not a value team, we try nothing new, do we know the 40/20 rule exists? It’s disappointing to see when off the field we’re flourishing  

  • Like 5

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, town2018 said:

the field biggest player on the field in tongia playing 2nd row

He was your go to player but at 22-24 he was standing there not getting a pass set after set 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He was your go to player but at 22-24 he was standing there not getting a pass set after set 

When we had the back to back to back sets on there line not once did we go right where he was lined up opposite there scrum half, alongside our best attacking player on the day in Ethan stood twiddling there thumbs. Clueless 

  • Like 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started the first half brightly then all of a sudden we were back to playing the stupid stuff, did we finish a single set and put a good kick in? At times in both halves it looked like every play was off the cuff. A couple of stupid individual errors cost us 2 tries and suddenly we are up against it.

Credit that they came out in the second half and should have got something out of the game, but they didn't. Towards the end when it just needed a laal bit of leadership to get a couple of plays going it was just charge for the line again and again. Where was somebody setting a play up to get Pongia running at their edge that he caused so much problems for them or at Beharrell? Why do we line out so deep from taps? We rarely make the place it was tapped from on first tackle.

It's a shame Sammut has gone for the main part of the season as him and walker would have made a big difference today, but can we get a replacement in? Maybe Archer just needs the confidence to take the line on more and put doubt in the defence.  As for Matty I think he felt it had to come from him today and tried a bit too hard to make the difference. 

Very disappointed to lose and unfortunately the coach has to be under pressure.

  • Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, wonky said:

It showed how bad they are when town decided to play and up the intensity they had no answers but after all the territory and possession second half we still could really create another chance. Even Mossop’s try should never have happened if they were half decent. Some of those errors 1st half were dreadful, and I know the ref was awful but Murray berating him at the end looked like he was trying to deflect from yet another disappointing performance. This side is a top 4 side without a doubt, but we have no identity and no leadership whatsoever. We’re not a solid defensive team, we’re not a value team, we try nothing new, do we know the 40/20 rule exists? It’s disappointing to see when off the field we’re flourishing  

Contrast that with how Knowles controlled the game for them. Shocking defence first half etc. Etc.

I couldn't knock their effort they're just slow , lacking physical presence and disorganised..apart from that we're good!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing result. A poor 25 minutes in the first half cost us the game. They're not new to the game and will know some of the defence in the 1st half would be an insult to call amateurish. We seem to have went backwards soo much since the haven games at the start of the year and I'm not sure why? Trying to take a positive away is the fact we were very close to winning even with a poor performance? Ethan was my man of the match. One of a few who had a good performance. Matty had 2 tries disallowed not sure if it was the correct decision or not, but overall the officials were shocking. What is the point in linesman????

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Disappointing result. A poor 25 minutes in the first half cost us the game. They're not new to the game and will know some of the defence in the 1st half would be an insult to call amateurish. We seem to have went backwards soo much since the haven games at the start of the year and I'm not sure why? Trying to take a positive away is the fact we were very close to winning even with a poor performance? Ethan was my man of the match. One of a few who had a good performance. Matty had 2 tries disallowed not sure if it was the correct decision or not, but overall the officials were shocking. What is the point in linesman????

The last sentence.... I don't think anyone can answer that....put flag up when balls go put?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much improved performance but highlighted our inability to create pressure,

Ethan's  best game in a town shirt for mine, Mom by a mile, but our attack options were woeful, their left edge was shot in second half but we just kept battering away at the middle or Matty trying to dummy or scoot!

Goal line defence still awful and has not been improved one jot.

Game was there despite awful decisions from officials especially that decision in last 20 where they clearly knocked ball forward and recipient was 10 yards offside but he gave a knock  on  against Town????

Typical for this official I am afraid

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Heard today Blain Marwood has gone , hope it's untrue.

Cant blame him if he can’t get in that team today . 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The season is nearly over for us before we got started, not surprising when we struggled to beat anybody in the top 6 last year. Muzza is a nice bloke, but that doesn’t win games, something needs to change. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gillyref said:

Missing for 10 weeks

What a ###### take. Signs on for a season and missing more than half. This after money was got by hard work by fans

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with all comments on the match  . Too much one man rugby  . Tongia was positioned opposite Beherall for the last 20 mins and every time we were near their line it was one man barges , the ball never reached him , if it did it was slow and ponderous and gave their defence time to get to him . Biggest and most obvious criticism , no one regularly ( apart from Thomposh , Stevie Scholey and Jason Mossop) tackles around the legs  . 2/3 men tackles and they all go high which is why they made so many easy yards first half ........of course our best leg tackler (for his size ) is Marwood , who once again trained all week and wasn`t picked .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Newtothis said:

anyone know yesterday’s attendance? 

Not sure, but one thing is for certain, crowds won't improve with performances like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

"Why do we line out so deep from taps? We rarely make the place it was tapped from on first tackle."

This was really irritating me as well!

Walker and/or Sammut in the halves and reckon we would have won. Only time we looked dangerous though was through Matty or when Burns came into the line. Yes Ethan stood out today and no lack of effort form the team as a whole but just shows how important an in form Walker is to the mix now. 

....and yes surely it would have made sense to have had Marwood on the bench for this one!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, DocH said:

This was really irritating me as well!

Walker and/or Sammut in the halves and reckon we would have won. Only time we looked dangerous though was through Matty or when Burns came into the line. Yes Ethan stood out today and no lack of effort form the team as a whole but just shows how important an in form Walker is to the mix now. 

....and yes surely it would have made sense to have had Marwood on the bench for this one!

 

 

Wasn’t at the match, so can’t comment other than to say some team selections this season have been baffling .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Only time we looked dangerous though was through Matty

We look so much better when he runs , which he didn’t do anything like enough of until quite late . Of all the chances we had an obvious one was Bradley I think it was cutting through , having two men outside but passing to Forber inside who couldn’t make it from about 20 yards. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without a much improved showing at Crusaders we will be bottom 3 after that game with Oldham and Keighley then to follow. We are so slow in everything we do and some of our tackling this season has been embarrassing. Considering the amount of hard work the club are doing off the field it is the likes of Gary and Graeme that are being let down as much as we the supporters are. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We look so much better when he runs , which he didn’t do anything like enough of until quite late . Of all the chances we had an obvious one was Bradley I think it was cutting through , having two men outside but passing to Forber inside who couldn’t make it from about 20 yards. 

Yeah think it was Ellis, Carl just didn’t have the legs. I thought Tyler Walton was pretty poor yesterday, gave a few hospital balls to lasu who had a defender in his face before receiving the balls.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.