Gold Coast titans sign wallabies star

Personally I’d like to see NRL clubs raid the ranks of Australian, NZ and Fijian schoolboy talent which would be far more cheaper and have a higher chance of success in succeeding in RL than established RU players in their early-mid 20’s.

• Like 3

This has been rumoured for a while and Australia RU fans didn't want to see him leave and see him as a huge loss. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Edited by Damien
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, John bird said:

Personally I’d like to see NRL clubs raid the ranks of Australian, NZ and Fijian schoolboy talent which would be far more cheaper and have a higher chance of success in succeeding in RL than established RU players in their early-mid 20’s.

With the salary cap dispensation he`s probably not going to cost them much, so definitely worth a gamble.

Things must be really dire in union, I heard their CEO the other day, somebody or other Waugh, saying that he was hoping that the players from the defunct Melbourne Rebels would go to the wooden-spoon winning Waratahs, btw, he didn`t actually mention the wooden-spoon part. I also heard several other senior and ex-wallabies urging Carter Gordon to go there as well, so much for that.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Seems to have enough about his game to work on and has decent spped. A decent enough highlight reel for a Union player:

Pretty tall for a half, he has a great running game and a big boot. Going to be interesting to see his transition to league.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

This has been rumoured for a while and Australia RU fans didn't want to see him leave and see him as a huge loss. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

He'll be ok in the QCup I assume.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

new rise.jpg

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

With the salary cap dispensation he`s probably not going to cost them much, so definitely worth a gamble.

Things must be really dire in union, I heard their CEO the other day, somebody or other Waugh, saying that he was hoping that the players from the defunct Melbourne Rebels would go to the wooden-spoon winning Waratahs, btw, he didn`t actually mention the wooden-spoon part. I also heard several other senior and ex-wallabies urging Carter Gordon to go there as well, so much for that.

You are a naturally funny fella. Love it. 

• Haha 1

Things are dire if he’s chosen the Titans but then again maybe he’s heard the famous Brent Todd interview when they asked why he wanted to play on the Gold Coast.

(Warning: some crude language in a TV news report) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Pretty tall for a half, he has a great running game and a big boot. Going to be interesting to see his transition to league.

Has he run at leaguies? He might be ok, but it’s a massive step up. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer
  • Like 1

Gonna be extra hard if he wants to play in the halves - but best of luck to him.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

6 hours ago, John bird said:

Happens with Aus and NZ schoolboy talent already.

37 minutes ago, Copa said:

Things are dire if he’s chosen the Titans but then again maybe he’s heard the famous Brent Todd interview when they asked why he wanted to play on the Gold Coast.

That will never tire. I love an honest interview 😂 

He's going to have a baptism of fire. Nowhere to hide in rugby league. He'll see 2-3x as much traffic.

• Like 2

new rise.jpg

9 hours ago, Damien said:

There’s been many a wallaby and allblack linked with a move to the NRL over the last decade or so but nothing ever came of it as it was usually a contract negotiation tactic used by the players angling for a better deal.

9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

A few years ago, you could say that he was going to the wooden-spooners... just not the Rugby Union wooden-spooners. I wish him luck, but he's apparently hard far less exposure to Rugby League in his youth than some of the other cross-coders.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

It is strange that he didn’t sign for another Aussie super rugby team or a French or Japanese team.

5 hours ago, Copa said:

How on earth did that even get on news program passed censors?

2 hours ago, John bird said:

Sure but the NRL hasn’t even scratched the surface at this level.

Don’t know about that. As far as I am aware, most of the top GPS RU talent in Sydney are participating in various NRL club programs and the same said for Brisbane. We’ve had similar NZ media articles posted on this forum of the same thing being done there too.