Jump to content

Newcastle


Recommended Posts

Well we dust ourselves down and we go again with a 2pm kick off.

Lets put an 80 minute shift in and come away with a much needed win and a crucial moral booster for both the team and the fans.

Ciaran out failing his HIA and Jason back in but otherwise the same team as last week and it is not often we have been able to say that this season so hopefully we can keep a settled team for the next few weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Jordan Burns plays at 6, is this a good move? We will see.

I personally think Jordan can play anywhere on the field in the back division, It will be interesting to see how he fairs at stand off. He has got the nous of a good alround player and he certainly has the pace to do the job, I am always disappointed when Mossop is playing, and to have a player like Galeia? (sorry about the spelling) playing on the wing is senseless to me, anyway, I think its a game we should win easily but if we keep giving silly penaltys away anything could happen. Good luck boys.. UTT🏉🏉🏉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was better than I had feared. Big props and a decisive halfback make a big difference in those games. Keep the same setup next week because you don't lose by moving Burns and putting Galea there. Just bring Hutton back in. What was up with Tongia? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

That was better than I had feared. Big props and a decisive halfback make a big difference in those games. Keep the same setup next week because you don't lose by moving Burns and putting Galea there. Just bring Hutton back in. What was up with Tongia? 

Tongia was there stripped on the victory song, was he 18th man or something??

Good result to nil any team whether we were expected to win or not. Hopefully no injuries for next week as Rochdale have drawn away at Keighley, which is a superb result for them. UTT

  • Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I know we’ve been poor David, but let’s give credit where it’s due. 👌

You are right , I take that back 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Tongia was there stripped on the victory song, was he 18th man or something??

Good result to nil any team whether we were expected to win or not. Hopefully no injuries for next week as Rochdale have drawn away at Keighley, which is a superb result for them. UTT

Yeah, 18th man

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

That was better than I had feared. Big props and a decisive halfback make a big difference in those games. Keep the same setup next week because you don't lose by moving Burns and putting Galea there. Just bring Hutton back in. What was up with Tongia? 

Jordan played well at 6 took the line  one on numerous occasions, Zarrin didn't put a foot wrong at fullback and I would keep that combo going Joe put some good runs in from the wing as well, Stevie and Brad sorry ( Michael Van Gerwin )  had strong games with some powerful drives, fair play to Thunder they didn't give in and deserve a lot of credit for having a good dig👏 UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Why was he 18th man? 

???? Only the coach will the reason why Tongia was 18th man, possible picked up an injury at training... 🤔

 

13 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Why was he 18th man? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Brought from the other side of the world to be 18th man. Unbelievable 

For one game, get a grip.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only 1 west Cumbrian played for whitehaven today, that's unbelievable. I expect it's down to injuries as well, but I doubt it's ever been that low for either us or them in out entire existence 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Need to ask the coach for that one .

 

49 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

???? Only the coach will the reason why Tongia was 18th man, possible picked up an injury at training... 🤔

 

 

Exactly, my question was more aimed at Brookies ridiculous comment. 

Looking for negatives after a 44-0 away win 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙄

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Only 1 west Cumbrian played for whitehaven today, that's unbelievable. I expect it's down to injuries as well, but I doubt it's ever been that low for either us or them in out entire existence 

That relegation battle just gonna be some finish, about 7 teams still in the mix. 😱

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.