League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (15 votes [51.72%])

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

2. Wigan (14 votes [48.28%])

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,956 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Jeez, this is a tough one to call. Wonder if there will be any scores settled from the other week. I think it max just go to Leeds with home advantage but also I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pies come out on top. Hope it's another belter of a game and Wigan sneak it, if only because they deserve it after a terrific reason, IMO.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

I think the Pyemen will take this, Leaving aside all the hysterical drivel that was spouted on here about Mcquire, If Richards had been kicking to his normal standard Wigan would have won, so i would expect them to have the edge without Mcquire playing, It's a big ask for Leeds with three top men out, and it's just the sort of game you can see S Tomkins setting alight. I expect them both to go at it big style, which will be of definite advantage to Saints or hopefully Giants, I recon It's the real reason Saints picked the Giants, they knew there would be no quarter in this game.

Ill go for Wigan in a close one,
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

These 2 teams have met 4 times this season,

Twice in the normal league, once in the cup and once in the playoffs.

Leeds have won both of the knockout matches, hopefully this one will be no different.
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:26 PM

I think there should be a poll about when the first punch up will be
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Wigan please.

50% of me wants to be because Wigan finished top and sort of deserve it IMO.
25% of me wants a different Grand Final, even if it is an all Lancashire affair.
25% of me wants Leeds to lose because it's Leeds and they've not been a Champion team in 2010.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

A spiteful game from start to to finish, leeds to edge it because for once they'll get the big calls from the ref............at last. Phil Clarke not to do his usual pitchside roundup after his vindictive comments mean he heads straight to the sanctuary of the commentary box. Wigan to bottle it......again.

#8 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

I am hoping that this will be another classic.
The last game was a beauty.
Leeds have so many players who have been there, done that, whereas Wigan can only muster Sam (who never plays badly), an NRL winner, a world cup winner and 3 grand final winners. I can see Wigan winning - they have so many more games than Leeds so far, through being a very efficient scoring machine, we were very good last week and Leeds are missing their 2 best players. Against that, Sinfield is world class and Leeds have talent throughout their 17. Should be in for another treat.
Sadly the only certainty, is that win or lose Bluey will be utterly graceless. Wigan seem to bring the worst out of him.
Can't wait.

#9 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

don't care either way. but the pies should walk it by 15-20 points.
foxes or poor people?

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

Well all season i have championed the Pies.
But the likes of BOAB, Allan Marsden and a few others, i hope this is one game too far for the pies

Leeds 24 Wigan 16

(Padge, Giwildgo , Shrek & Hanners soz guys wink.gif )

#11 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Sep 24 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well all season i have championed the Pies.
But the likes of BOAB, Allan Marsden and a few others, i hope this is one game too far for the pies

Leeds 24 Wigan 16

(Padge, Giwildgo , Shrek & Hanners soz guys wink.gif )

Fair point! wink.gif

Looking forward to what I hope is a classic, win or lose, I just hope its a great spectacle for all the right reasons.

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

sorry seem to have caught the double posting bug.

Edited by shrek, 24 September 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Should be a classic,just hope Leeds sneak it.As Exiled Wiganer pointed out,Bluey will be "utterly graceless".
I'm sure certain fans of BOTH teams will be ,win or lose.
judging by the weather,it could be repeat of the CC game.
I hope so cool.gif

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 24 September 2010 - 07:48 AM.

Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#14 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Leeds to get up to their usual dirty tricks.

Fights to be started, and left unfinished by various cowards in blue shirts, egged on by the bald no-mark in the stand.

Wigan to win by an enormous margin, and Baldy to blame Phil Clarke.

C'mon Wigan, it's time to put these Yorkshire tosspots to bed.

#15 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Sep 24 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leeds to get up to their usual dirty tricks.

Fights to be started, and left unfinished by various cowards in blue shirts, egged on by the bald no-mark in the stand.

Wigan to win by an enormous margin, and Baldy to blame Phil Clarke.

C'mon Wigan, it's time to put these Yorkshire tosspots to bed.

I'm beginning to get the distinct impression you dont like Yorkshire men. ohmy.gif
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#16 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

Blowy and cold in leeds today, let's hope there's a bit of rain thrown into the mix tomorrow so the smelly wigan fans get a wash on the western terrace while their team of cheats and plastic hardmen get blown away on the pitch.

#17 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

I am not sure the conditions will make much difference either way. I don't recall Wigan being hammered in the Cup. One fewer missed tackle and the job was a good un.
As these teams put on classics on a regular basis I am hoping both for another beauty and a raprochement - Wigan have had to put up with Bluey, Hetherington and Peacock being very cross about us. Given all they have achieved it would be good to let victory or defeat pass without further digs. Madge is doing well in rising above it. Let's get back to 2 classy clubs playing classy and fair rugby.

#18 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

Going to be a cracker. Will come down to discipline especially with all the build up.

Wigan are not great in that department so for me if Wigan hold their discipline they will win, if they dont Leeds will.

I just hope both sets of fan respect each other and let the talking be done on the pitch.

#19 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Carnie's Cover @ Sep 24 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to be a cracker. Will come down to discipline especially with all the build up.

Wigan are not great in that department so for me if Wigan hold their discipline they will win, if they dont Leeds will.

I just hope both sets of fan respect each other and let the talking be done on the pitch.

...and it was discipline that let us down 2 weeks ago. Leeds only got back into the game when, with a 14-0 lead, Wigan started to give away back to back daft penalties for things like markers not square, interference at the PB and off side.

Cut those mistakes out, and Pat's missd goals of course and it would have been a Wigan win.

IF the team learns from that experiance going into tomorrow, and with Leeds now missing McGure as well as Peacock, Wigan have every chance of winning.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#20 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

biggrin.gif I thought it was only the Wigan v Wire games that brought out this kind of bad blood!

At least now we are out I can enjoy reading the board without getting caught up in it.

Looking forward to this game, as I always do when these two meet, if it's half as good as the one a couple of weeks ago we are in for a treat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users