The RFL announce a 3 year deal with........

Owned by Renault. Revenue in the billions.. Good bit of work by the RFL commercial team. 

For the World Club Challenge and Challenge Cup. Let's hope the relationship is a good and long standing one.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

think they build old style Renaults , look a bit dated but good warrenty and good value . I,d have one.

I wouldn't but they are not Renaults. They are a novel design but use tried and trusted Renault parts.

Very basic, noisy and a low safety rating. However the space and value for money is six star.

Would you be seen out in a car called a Duster even if it is yellow?

Still brilliant work by the RFL and it looks as if it's more than just a nameplate job with plans for community work etc.

It's unique to Rugby, let's hope it grows.

Oh god I dread listening to the Sky muppets try to pronounce it.

When I took my missus Renault in for a service I actually asked the dealership manager how its pronounced and they've all been told the correct way to pronounce it is 'Dachea'

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think its a good bit of business, 3.5 million cars sold in Europe, one of the biggest car manufacturers in the old eastern block countries, using Renault parts - its a tried and trusted way to start a new car business using old parts, been done for years by everyone from opel to kia to the most obvious one Skoda.

They also have a HQ in Romania and sell into Serbia I believe, as well as being sat nicely in the middle of all those small countries that have appeared on the RL map in the last 10 years.

I would like to think the RFL can use this to leverage local support in eastern Europe and get Dacia to sponsor some of the development of those teams as well as a presence here in the UK

Seems like First Utility aren't the only multi million company on its way up to see the value of a sport like RL

Seems a good fit and like Kia and Skoda they will grow as they develop their own car designs in time.

Oh god I dread listening to the Sky muppets try to pronounce it.

When I took my missus Renault in for a service I actually asked the dealership manager how its pronounced and they've all been told the correct way to pronounce it is 'Dachea'

I thought that was where Russians go in summer.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I wouldn't but they are not Renaults. They are a novel design but use tried and trusted Renault parts.

Very basic, noisy and a low safety rating. However the space and value for money is six star.

Would you be seen out in a car called a Duster even if it is yellow?

Still brilliant work by the RFL and it looks as if it's more than just a nameplate job with plans for community work etc.

It's unique to Rugby, let's hope it grows.

You're a bit out with the 'very basic'comment. Check out the LAUREATE versions of the Duster and Sandero Stepway. You get quite a bit of car for your money. Sure the base models (Access, I think) are basic but is that not the case with most manufacturers ?

I think its a good bit of business, 3.5 million cars sold in Europe, one of the biggest car manufacturers in the old eastern block countries, using Renault parts - its a tried and trusted way to start a new car business using old parts, been done for years by everyone from opel to kia to the most obvious one Skoda.

They also have a HQ in Romania and sell into Serbia I believe, as well as being sat nicely in the middle of all those small countries that have appeared on the RL map in the last 10 years.

I would like to think the RFL can use this to leverage local support in eastern Europe and get Dacia to sponsor some of the development of those teams as well as a presence here in the UK

Seems like First Utility aren't the only multi million company on its way up to see the value of a sport like RL

Seems a good fit and like Kia and Skoda they will grow as they develop their own car designs in time.

And there's a Renault / Dacia Arnold Clarke dealership right next door to Langree Park. I bet the dealership is well chuffed with this having one of their brands advertised in the stadium next door.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Only in Rugby League, eh?

RFL don't have a sponsor: Boooo!

RFL have a sponsor: Boooo!

And as for Dacia, wholly owned by Renault, then a quick search would have relieved the general ignorance.

have you read a different thread John?

Archived