25 Sept: Qualifiers: Batley Bulldogs v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm

Discuss Batley Bulldogs v Salford Red Devils here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

If anyone reads my posts on here, they would know I am a fan of Marwan and Salford's strategic place in the top league but

To lose one to a championship side is unfortunate

To lose two games to championship clubs is a cause for serious concern

To lose three games to championship clubs would be catastrophic

How many Salford fans in their darkest hours would have thought they entered the last game in the Qualifiers needing a win to avoid automatic relegation. and that's the sober reality they need to confront this week.

Weather conditions will play their part with a wet and windy day turning the ground into Mount Unpleasant with a fired up Bulldogs ready to put in one last effort for the wily and departing John Kear.by claiming Salford's scalp

If it's dry salford win, If its wet anyone's game This is the key game this weekend which will again boi down to - Who wants it more...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

What is so unpleasant about Batley's ground these days? When was the last time you went there Red Rooster? Ive been there this season (I generally get there at least once each season, when they beat London by the way) and its a decent little ground for a great little club. I will be there again this Sunday and I will be cheering on Salford but at least Batley own their own ground. They don't share it with a Rugby Union club who dictate when they can play there. I want Salford to win as much as any other Salfordian but I don't think its fair to diss Mount Pleasant. The ground has changed considerably since the night Salford played there in the Challenge cup (after the Sunday postponement) when Bob Marsden got his nickname "Batley Bob".

Batley by 8, as the players will be busting a gut (hopefully not literally!) to give John Kear a great send-off. Agree with you, Celtic Rooster, about Mount Pleasant - it's a smashing little ground. I've a photo of it taken in the mid-eighties, just after the council made them demolish the old stand that I'd post on her if I knew how (don't bother - I probably wouldn't understand if you explained it) that shows how much it's changed.

If anyone reads my posts on here, they would know I am a fan of Marwan and Salford's strategic place in the top league but

To lose one to a championship side is unfortunate

To lose two games to championship clubs is a cause for serious concern

To lose three games to championship clubs would be catastrophic

How many Salford fans in their darkest hours would have thought they entered the last game in the Qualifiers needing a win to avoid automatic relegation. and that's the sober reality they need to confront this week.

Weather conditions will play their part with a wet and windy day turning the ground into Mount Unpleasant with a fired up Bulldogs ready to put in one last effort for the wily and departing John Kear.by claiming Salford's scalp

If it's dry salford win, If its wet anyone's game This is the key game this weekend which will again boi down to - Who wants it more...

Just out of interest, as you seem fixated by the weather at Batley on Sunday (mentioned on another post too) just what do you think will happen to  the pitch if their is a bit of a downpour on Sunday?

What is so unpleasant about Batley's ground these days? When was the last time you went there Red Rooster? Ive been there this season (I generally get there at least once each season, when they beat London by the way) and its a decent little ground for a great little club. I will be there again this Sunday and I will be cheering on Salford but at least Batley own their own ground. They don't share it with a Rugby Union club who dictate when they can play there. I want Salford to win as much as any other Salfordian but I don't think its fair to diss Mount Pleasant. The ground has changed considerably since the night Salford played there in the Challenge cup (after the Sunday postponement) when Bob Marsden got his nickname "Batley Bob".

I remember the game you refer to well, and still have it on VHS. The pitch was absolutely horrendous that night, literally a quagmire. Our playing surface changed to a familiar cycle during the days of winter rugby, from a lush patch of green at the start of the season to a mudbath - before becoming a dry dustbowl during the latter part of the season.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

I remember the game you refer to well, and still have it on VHS. The pitch was absolutely horrendous that night, literally a quagmire. Our playing surface changed to a familiar cycle during the days of winter rugby, from a lush patch of green at the start of the season to a mudbath - before becoming a dry dustbowl during the latter part of the season.

I remember it too, sire it was the Regal Trophy though and not the challenge cup, we beat Sheffield 8-6 at the Mount in the round before.

Also remember Phil Ford on the wing for Salford, he stuck to the bit of grass down either side like glue and came off almost as clean as he was at the start!

I have a feeling the game on Sunday will be a very competitive one and think we will give Salford the fright of their lives, will be a long nervy afternoon for their fans I feel, especially if London beat Featherstone.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Im quite sure that London will win tomorrow as their morale is high and have home advantage,which leads me to believe batley could win too,a demoralised Salford side against a great batley squad playing on their own turf who have surpassed all expectations this season.

To be fair, I thought Red Rooster was just saying it would be unpleasant it it was wet and windy. I think it was just a play on words rather than a lack of respect to Batley, who seem to have done a great job improving their ground judging by the pictures I've seen on TV this year.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

To be fair, I thought Red Rooster was just saying it would be unpleasant it it was wet and windy. I think it was just a play on words rather than a lack of respect to Batley, who seem to have done a great job improving their ground judging by the pictures I've seen on TV this year.

Absolutely right.

Anyway, I like your suggestion of it being a play on words since their post sounded like it may have been written by Lady Bracknell.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Bayley 0 Salford 4 after 10 mins.

Batley 0 Salford 10.

Batley 4 Salford 12.

Batley 4 Salford 22.

Batley 4 Salford 28.

Batley 8 Salford 34,

The comeback is on!

Batley 8 Salford 38...

Coemback hits a snag.

Archived