Uninteresting Trivial Facts

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I think we are struggling for electricity in Bradford this morning. The grill element in my cooker won't glow red.

Have you tried putting a shilling in the meter? 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

52 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

What, a halfpenny?

Sounds a bit dangerous to me.

Played for Parramatta, Halifax and Wakefield, didn't he? :tongue:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

What, a halfpenny?

Sounds a bit dangerous expensive to me.

Corrected to account for your typical Yorkshire profligacy (sic).;)

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I thought I would make a start at getting fit and would try going for a ride on my Son in Laws bike.  It was right at the back of the shed so I didn't bother. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to it. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I thought I would make a start at getting fit and would try going for a ride on my Son in Laws bike.  It was right at the back of the shed so I didn't bother. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to it. 

We are often told that 90% of success in sport is in the mind so if you thought about going for a ride that's 90% as good as actually going for one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Kim Jong Un's brother has died in Malaysia of natural causes after being shot 4 times in the head. Dodgy ticker apparently.

Lead poisoning, surely?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Lead poisoning, surely?

It was an issue with his genetics, they were linked with a nasty little bug.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've just finished work. 1am I logged off. I have a 9am meeting in London meaning I'm up at 6:15 to make sure I get there on time 

I will curse anyone who calls NHS managers lazy to an eternity of use as a rugby union prop's jock strap.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 hours ago, ckn said:

I've just finished work. 1am I logged off. I have a 9am meeting in London meaning I'm up at 6:15 to make sure I get there on time 

I will curse anyone who calls NHS managers lazy to an eternity of use as a rugby union prop's jock strap.

No-one's calling you lazy. But that smacks of inefficiency.  Have you thought about being more efficient?  That will help the NHS more than money ever could.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

No-one's calling you lazy. But that smacks of inefficiency.  Have you thought about being more efficient?  That will help the NHS more than money ever could.

So, work smarter, not harder?  I'd never thought of that.  You could be a senior consultant for Deloitte with that level of clarity and insight. ;)

• Like 1

I've been accepted into this year's Ride London.

In other news, I've just watched a video of cyclists attempting to go up Leith Hill and now feel like weeping.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I've been accepted into this year's Ride London.

In other news, I've just watched a video of cyclists attempting to go up Leith Hill and now feel like weeping.

I have never been accepted into anything ever, I feel like weeping constantly

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile