Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I once worked for a summer on the buildings. One of the top labourers was  really big bloke who was in the Wales tug-of-war team. He always wore a bush hat and reckoned he'd never passed an exam in his life.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Some guy on YT has made me a moderator on his channel. He only has 5 subscribers and I'm the only person who has ever commented on any of his vids. How do I deal with this conflict of interest? Should I delete some of my own comments just to demonstrate how even-handed I am? Would I be oppressing myself by denying myself freedom of speech? Maybe I'd be striking a blow for inclusion and diversity by diluting the predominance of white, male voices in his comments?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Some guy on YT has made me a moderator on his channel. He only has 5 subscribers and I'm the only person who has ever commented on any of his vids. How do I deal with this conflict of interest? Should I delete some of my own comments just to demonstrate how even-handed I am? Would I be oppressing myself by denying myself freedom of speech? Maybe I'd be striking a blow for inclusion and diversity by diluting the predominance of white, male voices in his comments?

You should create a few 'dummy personae' and post comments. Perhaps enlist some friends to help you. Then you could moderate all these new comments to show how even-handed you are. Once you're up-and-running, you could morph into a news channel and go head-to-head with CNN, Fox and the BBC. After all, news doesn't have to be true any more, does it? You make your own news. Farmduck News Corp coming to a channel near you, soon! Yay!

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

16 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

You should create a few 'dummy personae' and post comments. Perhaps enlist some friends to help you. Then you could moderate all these new comments to show how even-handed you are. Once you're up-and-running, you could morph into a news channel and go head-to-head with CNN, Fox and the BBC. After all, news doesn't have to be true any more, does it? You make your own news. Farmduck News Corp coming to a channel near you, soon! Yay!

Been there, done that on the old Myspace forums. I already have a site run by the Farmduck Global Media Conglomerate. I don't use it very often.

The problem with having an Alt persona on a site is that sometimes the Alt makes more sense than the real Farmduck. Then what? If the Alt becomes more popular than the real Elvis Farmduck-Kardashian should I resort to spilling all the dirt on Alt Duck? Don't forget, I know all the Alt's past, all the dirty little secrets.

As well as Farmduck on Myspace, I also used to be a villager from rural Kenya named Heywood Jablome and a 20-something woman from Slutsk in Belarus, named Fat Cow.

On 2/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, ckn said:

So, work smarter, not harder?  I'd never thought of that.  You could be a senior consultant for Deloitte with that level of clarity and insight. ;)

Perhaps you need to think outside the box, get granular, create synergies, become a change agent and grow from good to great.

using the drive through at mc donalds always works out far more expensive for me than just going in the restaurant and ordering a meal- due to not owning a car and having to hire one to use that particular facility

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

using the drive through at mc donalds always works out far more expensive for me than just going in the restaurant and ordering a meal- due to not owning a car and having to hire one to use that particular facility

Just do like I don't then, and don't eat Maccy D's for the last 35 years

21 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Just do like I don't then, and don't eat Maccy D's for the last 35 years

When the Grand kids want a bit of junk food 'cos they can only have it when Mum and Dad aren't about, McD' s works out ridiculously cheap especially compared to Pizza or KFC

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

We had a power cut! It was all rather Seventies.

Everything went black last night at about 10:30pm and didn't come on again 'til 5:30am.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Everything went black last night at about 10:30pm and didn't come on again 'til 5:30am.

In the first 6 months living in the new forest we had more power outages than in the18 years in our previous house

23 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Oxford was particularly bad for them.  We always had candles and a fondue set on hand.  The fondue set was perfectly good for frying food and boiling water, as well as providing heat at the same time.

I recall I was explaining to a very cute, but crackers girl, that I did not want a relationship with her when we had a power outage.  We were out of stuff, so I went to the shop for some.  She came with me to save her from being in the cold dark house alone.  We cut through the scary wood, with her next to me to feel safe.  Same on the way back.  She then started cooking food around the fondue set by candle light while we cuddled together for warmth.  At this point I accept that fate was conspiriing against me and I was going into a relationship.  It lasted three months.  She was crackers.

Edited by Bob8
  • Like 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I'm on blood pressure tablets and my GP has me on strict regular monitoring schedules to try to get consistent patterns.  Two weeks ago, my BP on Thursday morning was 149/108, last week it was 155/109, and that's been fairly regular for months including on annual leave, today it was 118/86.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

21 minutes ago, ckn said:

I'm on blood pressure tablets and my GP has me on strict regular monitoring schedules to try to get consistent patterns.  Two weeks ago, my BP on Thursday morning was 149/108, last week it was 155/109, and that's been fairly regular for months including on annual leave, today it was 118/86.

So its decision time.

The above stats make it a no brainer. You know what you have to do.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just now, Bearman said:

So its decision time.

The above stats make it a no brainer. You know what you have to do.

It really is that simple, isn't it?  Still, I made a decision not to decide anything until at least next week.  Let my brain have a quiet week to sort itself out.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

What do you use to monitor it? I have a Lloyds Pharmacy one but its always showing higher than when the nurse does it at clinic and we're playing about with my dosage of tablets at the moment so need something a bit more accurate.  I've been looking at others but not sure what to use

Just now, Spidey said:

What do you use to monitor it? I have a Lloyds Pharmacy one but its always showing higher than when the nurse does it at clinic and we're playing about with my dosage of tablets at the moment so need something a bit more accurate.  I've been looking at others but not sure what to use

I use an Omron M3, costs around £35.  I got it because it was recommended by both my GP and my clinical lead who works for me.  GP's manual reading is usually within 5-10 points of it.

Blood pressure tablets are an iffy thing, I went through lots trying to stabilise mine, including one that really screwed with my mind, amlodipine.  I didn't notice my brain getting fuzzy but my wife did and it went away within a day or so of stopping the tablets.  I'm now fairly stable on atenolol (beta blocker) and bendroflumethiazide (diuretic).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

I use an Omron M3, costs around £35.  I got it because it was recommended by both my GP and my clinical lead who works for me.  GP's manual reading is usually within 5-10 points of it.

Blood pressure tablets are an iffy thing, I went through lots trying to stabilise mine, including one that really screwed with my mind, amlodipine.  I didn't notice my brain getting fuzzy but my wife did and it went away within a day or so of stopping the tablets.  I'm now fairly stable on atenolol (beta blocker) and bendroflumethiazide (diuretic).

Thanks - I'll look into one of those. I'm down to just 2.5mg of Bisoprolol (previously 10mg of it plus 10mg of Amlodipine)

i was running high even with those dosages before Christmas but after a failed kidney transplant in January and a series of hemodialys my BP seems to be under control - just want to keep it that way ?

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, Futtocks said:

We have power cuts about 3 times a year here in Hastings, not sure why.

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Thanks - I'll look into one of those. I'm down to just 2.5mg of Bisoprolol (previously 10mg of it plus 10mg of Amlodipine)

i was running high even with those dosages before Christmas but after a failed kidney transplant in January and a series of hemodialys my BP seems to be under control - just want to keep it that way ?

On Amlodipine, and Perindopril