Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It was pretty nasty here this morning. Not too much snow, but it had fallen on black ice and then frozen. The roads were horrendous, and I don't just mean side roads.

Solid snow coverage here today with significant black ice because of the slight melt just before sunset yesterday. Our driveway was essentially one big iceblock. Took a good while for the salt to clear it as well.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of it now...lots here, still coming down lightly, no forecast of any sunshine today, so it's going to stick....with wait for it.....

freezing fog forecast from 18:00 to 09:00 :angry2:

Can't wait for tomorrow mornings disaster of a journey into work

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

a good 4 inches here in wigan but it is melting, what gets me is i am watching the news on bbc and they have just had the weather on and they don't seem to know that it is snowing all over the north west.

they even commented on the latics game at the DW stadium saying the weather will be dry and sunny.

the snow has just started again really heavy this time.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

a good 4 inches here in wigan but it is melting, what gets me is i am watching the news on bbc and they have just had the weather on and they don't seem to know that it is snowing all over the north west.

they even commented on the latics game at the DW stadium saying the weather will be dry and sunny.

the snow has just started again really heavy this time.

Yes, well the BBC wouldn't recognise that it's snowing in Wigan as the last time I looked Wigan wasn't located in the home counties. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

More of the stuff.

I am currently drafting a letter to God pointing out that we're in the Home Counties here and the only proper snow we're meant to see is on Christmas cards and skiing holidays.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

More of the stuff.

I am currently drafting a letter to God pointing out that we're in the Home Counties here and the only proper snow we're meant to see is on Christmas cards and skiing holidays.

2 points

1 ) God doesn't exist

2 ) You deserve all you get - Hook (Hampshire) is positively beautiful this morning

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

More of the stuff.

I started work for a company at Cherstey in Surrey, based right next to the River Thames. It was March 2nd 1970. I travelled down on the train to Kings Cross and then Waterloo to Weybridge. There was snow everywhere. When I arrived the flood plain of the Thames at Chertsey was frozen. I was reliably informed that this was somewhat unusual in the Thames Valley.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 points

1 ) God doesn't exist

2 ) You deserve all you get - Hook (Hampshire) is positively beautiful this morning

1) You will now be burnt. Sorry about this.

2) Hook (Hampshire) is never positively beautiful. I can only assume you got lucky last night and as a result your vision is impaired.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We've had heavy snow for the last two hours but because the ground is quite warm none of it has landed.

What?

It's hovering?

What did it do next?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010