Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Well, if it gets real bad usually gunshots give you a clue.

Nah, this is Hull, women round here are quite resourceful, they just grab anything to hand to give their husband a good beating, tends to be some empty bacardi bottles laying around that can be used as weapons. A nice bottle of spirits will always warm your belly this time of year! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Nah, this is Hull, women round here are quite resourceful, they just grab anything to hand to give their husband a good beating, tends to be some empty bacardi bottles laying around that can be used as weapons. A nice bottle of spirits will always warm your belly this time of year! 

Especially after midnight when no-one hears the screams, and the victim is asleep.

• Haha 1

Wet flakes falling in That There London, but not settling. This may well bump Brexit off the top of the national news headlines.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Wet flakes falling in That There London, but not settling. This may well bump Brexit off the top of the national news headlines.

I can vouch for that; it's coming down as slush. Horrible stuff. Got soaked walking from Tottenham Court Road to the Soho Theatre (watching Shappi Korshandri).

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

41 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

I can vouch for that; it's coming down as slush. Horrible stuff. Got soaked walking from Tottenham Court Road to the Soho Theatre (watching Shappi Korshandri).

A short walk from the station to my front door (via the Co-Op), and all the parts that weren't protected by my umbrella got soaking wet. The most disappointing kind of snow.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

A short walk from the station to my front door (via the Co-Op), and all the parts that weren't protected by my umbrella got soaking wet. The most disappointing kind of snow.

Typical southerners; can't even do snow property.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

56 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Umbrella!!!?

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Umbrella!!!?

Hello, Rihanna! I didn't realise you were a TRL member.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sorry, that reference has gone right over my head, something a Umbrella will never be seen to do, man up!

Definitely snowed in Bedford.  Automatic de-ice systems failed and tripped the non-maintained power at work, thus locking the security gate shut.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

21 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Sorry, that reference has gone right over my head, something a Umbrella will never be seen to do, man up!

U..U..U.. umbrella.   Um Um..Um umbrella.  Umb....Umb....Umb....umbrella.

• Confused 1

On 1/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, Futtocks said:

Its just brutal weather out there tonight....she is COLD out there tonight...neither fit for Man or Beast.  This cold snap is going to be hard on the deer in the bush....its a killer cold with lots of snow...I figure we could get 50-70 cms if we get one of those big squalls settle over us....I'm preparing for the worst...have dusted off and inspected the snow shoes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its just brutal weather out there tonight....she is COLD out there tonight...neither fit for Man or Beast.  This cold snap is going to be hard on the deer in the bush....its a killer cold with lots of snow...I figure we could get 50-70 cms if we get one of those big squalls settle over us....I'm preparing for the worst...have dusted off and inspected the snow shoes.

Man up wet pants...

(Stay safe buddy!)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Man up wet pants...

(Stay safe buddy!)

BAD INCIDENT IN THE ARMY...THE ARMOURED GUYS (YA THEM) DECIDED TO GO COLD WEATHER EXERCISE ON SHORT NOTICE AND GOT ALOT OF GUYS FROSTBIT.

You know how the armoured guys are...that major is going to be in trouble.

30 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

BAD INCIDENT IN THE ARMY...THE ARMOURED GUYS (YA THEM) DECIDED TO GO COLD WEATHER EXERCISE ON SHORT NOTICE AND GOT ALOT OF GUYS FROSTBIT.

You know how the armoured guys are...that major is going to be in trouble.

Must be prepping to dig out the driveways of Torontonians ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Must be prepping to dig out the driveways of Torontonians ?

Heavy dig out today...still coming and hasn't stopped...will start shoveling off the various roofs tomorrow to avoid a collapse....she just keeps coming.

31 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Heavy dig out today...still coming and hasn't stopped...will start shoveling off the various roofs tomorrow to avoid a collapse....she just keeps coming.

Got off lightly here, maybe 20cms, double that in drifts.  Took me longer to dig out the end of the driveway, plough went through early morning and the pile was frozen solid.  Kid got a snow day so that means I did too so all good! ?

Just now, CanaBull said:

Got off lightly here, maybe 20cms, double that in drifts.  Took me longer to dig out the end of the driveway, plough went through early morning and the pile was frozen solid.  Kid got a snow day so that means I did too so all good! ?

Lucky ######.

Looks like its just getting started up here...the snow making machine has went into high gear!

Dangerous snow squall conditions likely through Thursday.

Snow squalls are developing early this morning near Lake Huron as cold westerly winds gusting to 70 km/h develop. The snow squalls should shift considerably from time to time over the course of the next few days. These snow squall conditions may persist well into Thursday.

While significant accumulations are possible, the more serious threat from the squalls will be from blowing snow creating whiteout conditions. In addition, dangerous wind chills as cold as minus 35 are likely starting tonight.

Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

-33c in mid west USA

My work colleagues in Detroit assure me it's quite nippy.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 minutes ago, tim2 said:

My work colleagues in Detroit assure me it's quite nippy.

-51 in Winnipeg.

Forecast for here:

Snow squalls have developed near Lake Huron with cold westerly winds gusting up to 70 km/h. The snow squalls should shift considerably from time to time over the course of the next few days. These snow squall conditions are likely to persist into Thursday.

While significant accumulations are possible, the more serious threat from the squalls will be from blowing snow creating whiteout and near blizzard conditions. In addition, dangerous wind chill values as low as minus 35 are also a threat.

If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.

Edited by Kayakman

20 minutes ago, henage said:

When does cabin fever come into play ?

It all depends...there are two types:  1) Sort of nervous all the time, anxious, closely hemmed in like by a mountain...want room!, bored, stuck,.

Which can develop into Type 2

"I'm getting out of here!  I mean it...get out of my way!  I want another drink right now!  I'm getting out of here right now!"

• Haha 1