McNamara - Sacked

Its about time too...

The players were called in yesterday and told of his sacking.

MEnzies and Medley are in Temp charge.

ANd this man in entrusted with leading England!

Good God

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Good God

Exactly my thoughts when he got the England gig. Not up to it. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

There is nothing on either the Bulls or T&A websites. Until someone offers some proof, i would say it's male genitals. Why sack a guy who's leaving anyway?

Good God

he lost his edge with Bradford becuase he was thinking about the England side and making sure he was up to date with all the england players so he took his eye off the bradford ball.. :huh::ph34r::unsure::blink:

please let it be true

Its recently been said (for the umpteenth time) - we are 30 years behind the Australians (still) in all aspects of the game.

So by appointing Steve McNamara to the England coaching position - it sets us off in the right direction :wacko:

Anyway - so pleased to see this news - at least 12 months too late. Hope its not a rumour!

What do I want to see now?

Leave Medley in charge for now - nothing to loose.

Don't Panic - if Potter is thinking the job is too hard - let it go. Don't appoint another coach who has pre-conceived ideas on who is going to play in the first team and has "favourites".

Mr Hood should board a place to Australia and using contacts we already know about (Brian Smith, Matty Elliot and Carl Jennings at least) - search and find the most passionate, fresh, young and enthusiastic assistant coach there is.

Do I care if I have never heard of him? NO - just so long as he eats, breaths, sleeps and lives for RL and his new club.

Then I would buy a season ticket...

Will this happen?

What do you think? :angry2:

There ya go

However, the OP did get it wrong on two counts. He's not been sacked and St Hilaire is in charge. Apart from that he was spot on.

I think that Mutual Agreement is a euphenism for sacked - but without so much compensation and Menzies wouldn't be 'allowed' to coach as he'd need a new work permit.

I think the OP may be nearer than Connor's 'Official Line'.

People called Romans they go the house

It's happend too late, this should of happend two years ago.

At least it gives the players a huge lift for Sundays game.

I think that Mutual Agreement is a euphenism for sacked - but without so much compensation and Menzies wouldn't be 'allowed' to coach as he'd need a new work permit.

I think the OP may be nearer than Connor's 'Official Line'.

He's been sacked, no word about it. The term Mutual Agreement is just a nice word.

Too many supporters had voted with no confidence and who can blame them after watching what was the worse Bradford Bulls performance since the name change back in 1996.

Whoever is appointed will have to work on the same or smaller budget as SMcN, which would deter most Aussie coaches immediately. An inability to snap up a load of journeymen from the antipodes means that coaching qualities, rather than the ability to recruit, will be the major requirement.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's happend too late, this should of happend two years ago.

At least it gives the players a huge lift for Sundays game.

But you're playing us! Like you need a lift for the Salford game? Come on, this is cheating! You can't be allowed to sack your coach just before you play Salford. It's got to be against the rules. Or the constitution. Or the international law of human rights. It's not fair! ;)

So, now you will pay for this treachery. Salford to win by 30. :D :D :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I just heard it on 5Live.

I must admit it was a touch disconcerting to hear:

"The Bradford Bulls caoch Steve McNamara has been sacked after a run of 7 consecutive defeats. He will leave immediately to take up his position as Head Coach of the England team"

There is definitely something wrong in that statement somewhere.

:wacko:

I just heard it on 5Live.

I must admit it was a touch disconcerting to hear:

"The Bradford Bulls caoch Steve McNamara has been sacked after a run of 7 consecutive defeats. He will leave immediately to take up his position as Head Coach of the England team"

:wacko:

You're right, we've actually lost 8 in a row :O

But you're playing us! Like you need a lift for the Salford game? Come on, this is cheating! You can't be allowed to sack your coach just before you play Salford. It's got to be against the rules. Or the constitution. Or the international law of human rights. It's not fair! ;)

So, now you will pay for this treachery. Salford to win by 30. :D:D:D

they would need t lose half the team as well, to lose to salford :D:D:D:D

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Good God

Like it makes any difference who is coaching England? Kenny, you could coach England, or me or even the current Aussie coach and his complete back-up staff and we still wouldn't beat the Aussies or NZ consistently because we're not good enough. We haven't got the depth of squad to make any impression on the international scene, you know it, I know it, I'm sure Stevie Mac must know it.

Steve has got two jobs in a row where he is blighted by lack of the required quality to complete the task and weighted down by unrealistic expectations. Maybe he just doesn't like a job where he can sleep at night? :rolleyes:

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Indeed. I don't know where to start...