The TV Thread

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I’m not a Dr Who fan but my Mrs is and thinks Jodie Whittaker is a great Dr. But she told me she turned Sunday’s episode over as it was rubbish? I was at work so didn’t see it anyway but it really surprised me as she’s been very enthusiastic about the new series so far. 

You have to stick with these things... if she turned over halfway through, she missed a couple of jaw-dropping moments that even silenced the regular Twitter moaners who follow every episode by tweeting how rubbish it was afterwards. ?

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

I’m still not convinced. I liked the Spyfall story, not so much the next one. 

I’ll catch up at some point this week

Last week's Nikola Tesla episode was a belter, and this week's was even better, if you like surprises.

• Thanks 1

I thought the Christine Keeler thing was really interesting, and so is the current Dr Who series, although I think Captain Jack should've been left out, I am also watching Good Omens on Wednesdays on BBC2, although I missed ep2 because I had a visitor, but now I have interwebby again, I can catch up.

As for Netflix v Ghibli, I have most of them.

Edited by Bleep1673

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

After absconding from the RAF

A factual error in the very first paragraph! That is definitely the Italian Air Force, even though part of the story is inspired by a Roald Dahl RAF short story from WWII.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Last week's Nikola Tesla episode was a belter, and this week's was even better, if you like surprises.

cant watch it at all these days, the under representation  of blind, Chinese, obese ,transvestite amputees is appalling 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

cant watch it at all these days, the under representation  of blind, Chinese, obese ,transvestite amputees is appalling 

Shame, you'd have absolutely LOVED this week's episode. ?

• Like 1

I've watched the first couple of episodes of Avenue 5 on Sky One, which is supposed to be a comedy set on a futuristic space liner that goes off course, created by Armando Iannucci and starring Hugh Laurie, Rebecca Front and Josh Gad. That should be a decent enough pedigree, but so far it's absolutely dire. Brightly lit sets that look like studios, annoying, unbelievable characters and no laughs. Not sure I can sit through any more of it to see if it gets better. A shame, I liked the premise and wanted to like the show.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

I've watched the first couple of episodes of Avenue 5 on Sky One, which is supposed to be a comedy set on a futuristic space liner that goes off course, created by Armando Iannucci and starring Hugh Laurie, Rebecca Front and Josh Gad. That should be a decent enough pedigree, but so far it's absolutely dire. Brightly lit sets that look like studios, annoying, unbelievable characters and no laughs. Not sure I can sit through any more of it to see if it gets better. A shame, I liked the premise and wanted to like the show.

Just watch Galaxy Quest again

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 30/01/2020 at 23:50, John Drake said:

Haven’t seen it yet, the trailer looked decent and the cast and crew looked great.  Hard to see how they missed the target.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

55 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Did I miss something?

I thought last week's Doctor Who with Jo Martin was part one of a multi episode storyline but it seems to have been sidelined. 

What happened?

Everyone needed a breather after last week!

Still four episodes to go. It's building up to a big finish in the final two.

Outstanding series so far, IMO.

Inside No.9 back tonight for a new series.

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Brilliant documentary on Fairport Convention on Saturday night Sky Arts , urge any fans to try and watch it on catch up .

Will be watching that. "Swarbs" was/is one of my all time favourite fiddle players.

On 03/02/2020 at 11:52, Bedford Roughyed said:

Inside No.9 back tonight for a new series.

Watched the first episode this evening. It will definitely trigger a few of our more paranoid TRL members' victim complexes.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson