Not strictly a TV programme at all, but I  have just been watching a short film (16 minutes) by Simon Temple, imagining what might have happened if the infant Superman had crash-landed in 1930s Germany, instead of the USA. Mostly a two-hander, and worth a watch, so here it is:

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

Started watching Killing Eve recently. Jody Comer is a fantastic actor. 

The whole thing's refreshingly insane, but the two leads are great.

• Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

On 19/08/2019 at 19:58, Mark S said:

Yet another detective programme for which I am banished from the front room while Mrs RL Does What Sky Says watches it.

That gone on the list along with Morse, Vera, Inspector George Gently, DCI Banks, Endeavour, New Tricks, Scott & Bailey, Prime Suspect, Lewis, Silent Witness, Judge John Deed and The Sweeney,

On 19/08/2019 at 16:12, RL does what Sky says said:

Has anyone heard of any of them ? They're either people from the past hoping to revive their careers or newbies who the BBC want to promote ... while all of them are just using it to get on the list of regulars who appear on every game show on tv.

On 19/08/2019 at 16:54, graveyard johnny said:

all these shows are full of instantly forgettable self promoting cardboard cut outs with the personality of a packet of instant mash

Don't watch them then.

Be sure to take every opportunity to tell the world how much you don't care though. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yet another detective programme for which I am banished from the front room while Mrs RL Does What Sky Says watches it.

That gone on the list along with Morse, Vera, Inspector George Gently, DCI Banks, Endeavour, New Tricks, Scott & Bailey, Prime Suspect, Lewis, Silent Witness, Judge John Deed and The Sweeney,

You’ve missed some good shows then !

• Like 3

I've caught up with Peaky Blinders this last few weeks, I hadn't seen it before.

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99, that's taking a little longer.

If I binge watch again I think I'll pace myself to a series then a break, sometimes programmes seem very repetitive.

31 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99

Amy Santiago will do that to a man.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

I've caught up with Peaky Blinders this last few weeks, I hadn't seen it before.

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99, that's taking a little longer.

If I binge watch again I think I'll pace myself to a series then a break, sometimes programmes seem very repetitive.

Re Peaky Blinders. Us, too. Up to S3 episode 2. Reminds of my secondary school days in deepest, darkest Salford (Leaf Square, Frederick Road/Broad St.) . BTW, the music playlist is available on BBC Sounds. Has to be the best music for a drama EVAH!!! The Red Right Hand..... 

Four legs good - two legs bad

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:58, Mark S said:

Caught up with series one after hearing how good it was at the BAFTA awards, saw S2, missed Ep3 and not gone back to it since. Watched S1 Life on Mars over weekend, forgot how odd it is, and funny too.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

Well I'm enjoying dad's army.

Yes i know the mannerisms. Idiosyncracies, nuanced speech etc is copied but the originals had years to perfect those. 

The scripts are what they are. Typical dads army and im finding a deal of pleasure seeing the gaps filled in....

the dave spikey bullseyes are now been aired on challenge tv from 2006, I think the producers just thought substitute one northern comic for another would suffice, spikey looks like a rabbit in the headlights in these shows, more nervous and un comfortuble  than any of the contestants, the format still seemed to have substance but the ship had no captain, would like to see bullseye return but with a bit more thought from the production team

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Beautiful Boy on Amazon Prime

I haven't seen a film that has "broken" me so much. Potentially too close to home. 

Steve Carell and Timothée Chalamet both put in outstanding performances. 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

For those of a certain age, the TV spinoff of The Dark Crystal has just been released on Netflix. I haven't watched it yet, but the reactions have been very positive.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2019 at 02:08, Trevorkfevfan said:

Just finished watching "The Vietnam War" series once again. Burns is excellent in his commentary.

I enjoy Burns' documentaries.

I'm not a baseball fan, but I was persuaded to buy the book based on his series.

Sky Ch 328, 10pm tonight, This Sporting Life starring Belle Vue, and featuring Richard Harris c 1963

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

On 09/09/2019 at 18:17, Liverpool Rover said:

Tonight is the second episode of Only Connect so l will try to beat last weeks score of three. That was very good for me!

What the hell were that team on that won last night , i didn`t even know the answers when they were given never mind guess them in the first place , their brains must be seriously warped !

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

What the hell were that team on that won last night , i didn`t even know the answers when they were given never mind guess them in the first place , their brains must be seriously warped !

There were a couple that were obvious in hindsight but I didn't get any right. They must have been on some sort of PED for quizzes.

Watched an espisode of "Canny Cops" on BBC1 tonight. Ye gods, its depressing stufff. An ex pit community with no jobs, no amenities and, seemingly, no hope!

Edited by Trevorkfevfan