1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I haven't watched it in years, there's a number of quiz shows where I can't help thinking they could be shorter or have an extra round without all the waffling. Pointless is ridiculous for this, it comes on at 5:15 and only really gets going about 10 minutes later after they've introduced all the guests, told you their life stories and then the two presenters have flirted with each other. That show could be half an hour long or have an extra round. I seem to remember when it first started it did have an extra couple on it and had another round. Also why does that show need two presenters? There only needs to be one. 

Karen?- PAUSE- remind us -PAUSE- what you do again- PAUSE 

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Yep that's the catchphrase of Alexander Armstrong. I'd forgotten actually that they introduce them all and then get into the round and then the first round takes half the show cos of all the talking. One of the most annoying things on that show as well is when they put the clues up on the board but then have the camera on the waffling contestant so we viewers at home can't look at the clues and take part at home. Especially annoying with picture rounds. 

29 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Don!t forget....and if you won , what would you like to spend the money on ?I don!t think Alexander Armstrong strays far from saying the same stock phrases every show , still prefer him to his super smug mate though .

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I haven't watched it in years, there's a number of quiz shows where I can't help thinking they could be shorter or have an extra round without all the waffling. Pointless is ridiculous for this, it comes on at 5:15 and only really gets going about 10 minutes later after they've introduced all the guests, told you their life stories and then the two presenters have flirted with each other. That show could be half an hour long or have an extra round. I seem to remember when it first started it did have an extra couple on it and had another round. Also why does that show need two presenters? There only needs to be one. 

Pointless just annoys me , if I put it on now it’s near the end when the thick people are out . Honestly where do they get some of these ... and plenty are students doing really critical courses like ‘ beauty and make up studies ‘ or something and know literally nowt . I can’t stand the unhilarious banter between the presenters , and really Osman is the most pointless thing of all . He must be the smuggest man in the history of television , letting on he knows everything when he’s sitting in front of a computer screen . And then there’s his totally unfunny jokes and I’m so funny smug look . Alexander Armstrong just looks like he’s going through the motions ‘ remind us what you do again ... not like I remotely care ‘ . Ooh and what would you do if you won £1000 jackpot .. go to Australia ...?  lovely 

• Like 3

Am still on with Seal Team and it brill,anyone whos missed it give it a try,Its like a tougher A Team with decent tackle and a dog..

• Like 1

I finished them.

All 9 series of Death in Paradise. 

Started in March lockdown, ended in my own brain death.

• Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I finished them.

You should be nominated for the New Years honours list . That’s worthy of an MBE . At least most people had them drip fed over 9 years 

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I finished them.

I watched the entire thing in about a month at the start of lockdown though I haven't got anything else going on at the moment aside from just sitting on my backside, getting fat and watching TV. That is the summary of my 2020. 

Excellent Count Basie documentary on BBC4 last night.  In 1959, at the tender age of 13, sitting in my bedroom listening to VOA on shortwave on an old radio instead of doing my school homework I heard The Kid From Red Bank, and was hooked from that moment on. 

Regarding Pointless, don't be so ******* miserable. Currently it's a better watch than the news. 😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Currently it's a better watch than the news. 😀😀😀😀

Everything is a better watch than the news. 

Well maybe not Mrs Brown's Boys 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

55 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Everything is a better watch than the news. 

Well maybe not Mrs Brown's Boys 

I see your Mrs Brown’s Boys and raise you the new Walking Dead spin-off. I can’t see any excuse for a programme this bad. It doesn’t even have bad-programme parody value. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Watched S3 ep1 of Star Trek Discovery. It’s turned into a remake of Andromeda with a bit less cheese. I guess the Roddenberry stuff has to be wrung out a bit further.

I didn’t mind Andromeda, it was just too squeaky in its morals. I sincerely hope this doesn’t go that way.

What really annoyed me about S2 was the over-dramatic scenes. e.g. the last episode full of standing around in mutual admiration while explosions In space probably meaning lots of people dying in the background. And...

if they killed the evil AI, why did they still need to go into the future? And why were they still going there anyway even when they knew the AI was onboard?

• Sad 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 23/10/2020 at 18:48, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I watched the entire thing in about a month at the start of lockdown though I haven't got anything else going on at the moment aside from just sitting on my backside, getting fat and watching TV. That is the summary of my 2020. 

Just had Pate aux Fois Gras. Thank you.

On 23/10/2020 at 18:09, DavidM said:

You should be nominated for the New Years honours list . That’s worthy of an MBE . At least most people had them drip fed over 9 years 

I watched 2 series of Ghosts in one day.

Currently working my way through a re-watch of Lexx. Seasons 1-3 are on Amazon.

I started season 4 (which is not on Amazon, but watchable on a free, ad-supported service) last night, and there is a cameo appearance by Craig Charles and Hattie Hayridge, who were making 'Red Dwarf' at the time.

17207.jpg

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Rewatching deadwood and it’s making a good shout for the best tv show ever

Started series two of The Alienist last night . After series one was around a serial killer killing and mutilating boy prostitutes , this one is heading into murdering babies territory . Strong stuff but compelling viewing with our heroic trio of investigators on the case 

I do not watch the BBC Death to all News thread anymore, all it talks about is how many people are supposed to be dying of Covid-19 while the reporters are nice & safe.

Two contestants on Tipping Point have just answered this question. Which is the northernmost county in England. Contestant number 1 answered Norfolk, contestant number 2 answered Birmingham.

I despair 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Moose said:

Two contestants on Tipping Point have just answered this question. Which is the northernmost county in England. Contestant number 1 answered Norfolk, contestant number 2 answered Birmingham.

I despair 🤷‍♂️

do they both work for dhl by any chance?

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman