The TV Thread

I once read a quote (can't remember who by) that  the trick of writing a great rock song is to write about a moment that only lasts as long as the track itself.

You should see how fast those Proclaimers brothers walk!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seeing those insurance adverts, one has to ask just how badly has Harvey Keitel's career gone?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Has anyone ever watched New Tricks?

The "acting" is a sight to behold.  Rodney from Only Fools and Horses in particular should win some kind of an award; it makes his appearances in Goodnight Sweetheart look genuinely Oscar worthy.

Edited by Larry the Leit

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

The "acting" is a sight to behold.  Rodney from Only Fools and Horses in particular should win some kind of an award; it makes his appearances in Goodnight Sweetheart look genuinely Oscar worthy.

the appalling Dennis Waterman in ghastly old school cockney geezer copper mode makes my tea come back.

Unendurable

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Jumped the shark years ago, that's why all the original cast other than Dennis "Write the feem toon, sing the feem toon" Waterman have now left the series.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

24 Hours in Police Custody well worth catching up on. As dramatic and engaging a documentary as you are ever likely to see on TV, especially of the "people basically just doing their jobs" genre. Good insight into the whole legal process

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

It used to be a lot more entertaining with the original cast. I like Denis Lawson, but Lyndhurst's attempt at playing the erudite know-all is just irritating. When Alun Armstrong left was when the shark-jumpage happened.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gogglebox. It's not highbrow, but it is funny.

I think it's also quite brave. C4 is laying itself open to potential legal action from m'learned friends representing some of the maligned people appearing in the shows that are being viewed by the households.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Catching up with a bit of TV -

Marvellous - Best programme of the year.  Should win countless awards. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Bloody hell

that gave me the body swerve.

expecting Ash to kark it, bleeding to death in the minibus. Geoff saves him after mutual expressions of love between him and fellow paramedic Tamsin, then,  Kaboom. I knew the mini bus was going to blow up because it was only a V reg, but not with Geoff in it.

It's about time Charlie buggered off. Anybody with a brain in their head would grab a decent retirement deal with both hands whilst the going was good.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

The Blacklist, James Spader at his menacing best, very good telly.

It certainly is, the thing that annoyed me most about season 1 was the cliffhangers.  Season 2 is on now and I'm saving some episodes just so I can at least burn through a few episodes with cliffhangers without shouting at the telly too loudly.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The Selfish Giant is a feature film shot in Bradford. It's about two young kids who prefer  working in the scrap metal industry to going to school. It won an award at Cannes and is on Film 4 tomorow night.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Selfish Giant is a feature film shot in Bradford. It's about two young kids who prefer  working in the scrap metal industry to going to school. It won an award at Cannes and is on Film 4 tomorow night.

Cheers. Heard a lot about it when it first came out and have wanted to see it. 

Fides invicta triumphat