Jump to content

Football


Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Fantastic game... not the highest quality football but end to end exciting stuff.

Been some unbelievable football games in the last few weeks this being another to add to the list. Harry Wilson although a bit lightweight certainly has something be interesting whether Liverpool keep him next year or let him go out again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Been some unbelievable football games in the last few weeks this being another to add to the list. Harry Wilson although a bit lightweight certainly has something be interesting whether Liverpool keep him next year or let him go out again. 

Yep - great game. Heard lots of good things about Wilson; tough ask to get into the Liverpool team/squad currently though... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Fantastic game... not the highest quality football but end to end exciting stuff.

“High quality football” is ... not the point. You want insanity and passion. And this game had it in spades.

And Leeds lost.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dead chuffed for City. What a trophy haul!

I did feel sorry for Watford, though. If they had buried that first chance, it could have been different. Once they had to take the game to City, though, they were ruthlessly exposed.

Sixty years ago, I started supporting City as a six year old. I switched my allegiance to RL about 40 years ago but have retained my love of City. For most of that time, we have lived in the shadow of both Liverpool and our now-quiet neighbours. These last few seasons have been sweet!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tonyXIII said:

Dead chuffed for City. What a trophy haul!

I did feel sorry for Watford, though. If they had buried that first chance, it could have been different. Once they had to take the game to City, though, they were ruthlessly exposed.

Sixty years ago, I started supporting City as a six year old. I switched my allegiance to RL about 40 years ago but have retained my love of City. For most of that time, we have lived in the shadow of both Liverpool and our now-quiet neighbours. These last few seasons have been sweet!

Across the men’s and women’s FA Cup finals City won 9-0. That’s not bad going.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Villa Park is a ground that has a capacity of 42,682, and after segregation, regularly hosts 40k+.

This season Villa's attendance was averaged at 35,983, Highest 41,418 v Bristol City, just beating Swansea City's 41,336, Lowest was 27, 331 v Preston N. E. 

Villa had 40k+ crowds 6 times this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Villa Park is a ground that has a capacity of 42,682, and after segregation, regularly hosts 40k+.

This season Villa's attendance was averaged at 35,983, Highest 41,418 v Bristol City, just beating Swansea City's 41,336, Lowest was 27, 331 v Preston N. E. 

Villa had 40k+ crowds 6 times this season

I remember Villa averaging around 29,000 in the old third division in 1970-71, when they finished fourth. Halifax Town finishing third, just missed out on promotion.

 

1 Preston North End 46 22 17 7 63 39 1.615 61 Promoted to the Second Division
2 Fulham 46 24 12 10 68 41 1.659 60
3 Halifax Town 46 22 12 12 74 55 1.345 56  
4 Aston Villa 46 19 15 12 54 46 1.174 53
Edited by Mister Ting

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

170 million ? , Puts RL in a bit of perspective 

I know. Imagine Halifax getting 170m, imagine Halifax Nosox getting 10% of that.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

I remember Villa averaging around 29,000 in the old third division in 1970-71, when they finished fourth. Halifax Town finishing third, just missed out on promotion.

 

1 Preston North End 46 22 17 7 63 39 1.615 61 Promoted to the Second Division
2 Fulham 46 24 12 10 68 41 1.659 60
3 Halifax Town 46 22 12 12 74 55 1.345 56  
4 Aston Villa 46 19 15 12 54 46 1.174 53

The following year they won promotion, with what was at the time a record number of points, 1971, must've been when I started supporting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It is actually 1% that you do get 

Thank you.

I'm neither a Town or a Fax fan. I was born there, but like many from the upper Calder Valley, my team is Burnley. Although I follow their fortunes, I'm not a Fax fan either.

Edited by Mister Ting
  • Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...