Football

Just now, gingerjon said:

Frank Lampard's Derby County's Frank Lampard ... to give him his proper name.

Yes the process has been a farce , totally in keeping with everything else at the club . Like siding with your manager and bombing off one of your best players … then sacking your manager days later . Every time I hear ‘ big relegation battle with Newcastle ‘ I just feel there’s nothing more to be said 

• Like 1

QPR are going up this season, I backed us at 14-1 pre-season. If I’d booked them a couple of hours earlier before we beat Man U in a friendly, I’d have gotten 20-1.

• Like 2

And so we shall again…

38 minutes ago, devonhawk said:

QPR are going up this season, I backed us at 14-1 pre-season. If I’d booked them a couple of hours earlier before we beat Man U in a friendly, I’d have gotten 20-1.

As a Bournemouth fan I have watched a lot of games this year in the Championship. I think Fulham, Bournemouth for automatic promotion and for the play offs, Blackburn, WBA, QPR, Middlesbrough.

You would need first, second or third to get each way? 

What do you think? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niels said:

As a Bournemouth fan I have watched a lot of games this year in the Championship. I think Fulham, Bournemouth for automatic promotion and for the play offs, Blackburn, WBA, QPR, Middlesbrough.

What do you think? 

I think second is all to play for. Nobody is talking about QPR, but we are right in the mix with Foolham, Bournemouth and Blackburn. You know when it feels right, when everything seems to be working and everybody believes. We have that at the Kiyan Prince. 

We haven’t felt that for many, many years.

• Like 1

And so we shall again…

Daniel Levy with his usual deadline day antics, but phew, Antonio Conte won't be walking out now, that'll be for the summer!  Two Juventus players , can't be bad.

Juventus players Dejan Kulusevski and Rodrigo Bentancur

Edited by HawkMan

1 hour ago, Niels said:

What do you think? 

If Huddersfield can convert a few more draws into wins I think they'll be in the playoff mix. Corberan has created a side that is tough to beat.

• Like 1

Quiet transfer window for Leeds. They really need more bodies and teams around them are strengthening, I can see Leeds getting dragged in the relegation battle in a big way. I'm assuming Newcastle and Everton will be okay now, so that's 3 from Burnley,  Norwich,  Watford,  Leeds and possibly Brentford and Southampton. 

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

If Huddersfield can convert a few more draws into wins I think they'll be in the playoff mix. Corberan has created a side that is tough to beat.

Town have got three more players in, including Kung Fu Eiting, until the end of the season, so we'll see if a bit more depth does the trick.

8 hours ago, devonhawk said:

I put my bet on Hull City at the start of the season, how wrong was i. If QPR go up can they stay up, it’s the same with Blackburn ?. 

6 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I watched their game against Stoke on Friday, Huddersfield were lucky to have eleven men on the field. A decent point for Stoke. With the owners Stoke have id have thought they’d have ploughed a load of cash in to the club, but i believe Denise Coates doesn’t really care about football. She must think she is doing an amazing job with the cash she gave herself. 

7 hours ago, Josef K said:

I put my bet on Hull City at the start of the season, how wrong was i. If QPR go up can they stay up, it’s the same with Blackburn ?. 

It will be tough, but we got a great manager in the Breadman who is performing miracles on one of the smallest budgets in the league. We only have to be better than three in the first season.

And so we shall again…

The Mighty Black and Greens approach their thousandth game in the Welsh top tier.

The first club to get to that milestone.

https://fb.watch/aV0OC1gU9k/

(Video link above - possibly one for the faithful only)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 30/01/2022 at 20:55, Tommygilf said:

I think that is a bit harsh

I think he's trying to protect his daughter from the online world and media attention and is genuinely struggling to process how a person he has known as a member of the family could do something like that.

It certainly came across to me as being in shock rather than defending anyone. 

Interesting to see that they value his footballing ability over women, his victim and their female captain who walked out of the club after ten years. Not to mention that her family sponsor the club. 

Now we have another sex pest from man u who will soon be running down the wing at Strangeways. Well, you would hope. Chances are he’ll be let off because he has money, and crimes against women are not high on the list of priorities for our judicial system.

• Like 2

And so we shall again…

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Raith Rovers earlier signed a rapist (found guilty in a Scottish civil court). 

After taking flack all day, including resignations etc, they released this... 

Not sure they fully thought through that one....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The reaction on twitter has been refreshing, football, and Scottish football in particular can have real problems with this kind of area of discussion, but they are pretty universal in their condemnation of RRFC. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The tragedy is, I think, on the terms they understand and believe in, they did.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Aber live on the Sgorio Facebook page for anyone who wants to watch the first team to reach 1,000 games in the top tier lose ignominiously to Haverfordwest.

I went to Wigan Athletic v Oxford this evening, and bar the first 25mins when Oxford took the lead the rest of the match was played in the Oxford half. WAFC were very unlucky not too get three or four goals. But the time wasting by Oxford was shocking, i was neutral-ish but they even annoyed me. It wasn’t a bad night, it was free, and i had a pie & a pint. A good following from Oxford. 

The biggest game of the season is on this coming Saturday Scunthorpe v Oldham. Whoever loses is virtually on the way to hell. I think Oldham will beat Scunthorpe, if they don’t id imagine the OAFC fans will be protesting against their not very popular owner. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

I went to Wigan Athletic v Oxford this evening, and bar the first 25mins when Oxford took the lead the rest of the match was played in the Oxford half. WAFC were very unlucky not too get three or four goals. But the time wasting by Oxford was shocking, i was neutral-ish but they even annoyed me. It wasn’t a bad night, it was free, and i had a pie & a pint. A good following from Oxford. 

Time wasting is one of the most frustrating aspects of football currently

• Like 2