Football

Scunthorpe have been relegated to the National League North. Not too long ago I went to see Hull City v Scunthorpe in the Championship. What a fall that has been for them. Next year they will be playing a Lincolnshire derby against Boston United! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 18:48, DavidM said:

IMG_2729.jpeg.7e4a5c2da00c4c09322568cee3ec9847.jpeg

Great attendance that shows the potential at BP. Sadly, the wheels seem to be coming off our promotion bid. After reaching second place our recent games have finished 0-0, 0-0. 0-1, 0-1, 2-0 & 0-0! Our final three home games are massive and against clubs 2nd, 3rd and 7th, with away at 9th and 11th.

#COYB

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Great attendance that shows the potential at BP. Sadly, the wheels seem to be coming off our promotion bid. After reaching second place our recent games have finished 0-0, 0-0. 0-1, 0-1, 2-0 & 0-0! Our final three home games are massive and against clubs 2nd, 3rd and 7th, with away at 9th and 11th.

Don't worry, the wheels are coming off Stevenage's promotion bid even faster so only Stockport and Bradford to worry about now. We do have a game in hand though and home games against teams with not too much to play for so I'm still hopeful but playoffs look more realistic now

Man Utd 2 up with 10 to go, then Maguire comes on, scores an own goal and it ends up 2-2, got to feel sorry for him.  Not his fault for first goal, also own goal, but he's in  the negative headlines. Final nail in coffin for his OT career.

On 10/04/2023 at 20:14, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Scunthorpe have been relegated to the National League North. Not too long ago I went to see Hull City v Scunthorpe in the Championship. What a fall that has been for them. Next year they will be playing a Lincolnshire derby against Boston United! 

At least most of the away games will be closer.
But unless they are willing to splash the cash, getting back into the National League won’t be as easy as some of their fans expect. 

23 hours ago, Josef K said:

At least most of the away games will be closer.
But unless they are willing to splash the cash, getting back into the National League won’t be as easy as some of their fans expect. 

Just looking at the teams in the National League North. It will certainly be interesting when they visit Peterborough and instead of heading to London Road to play in front of 15,000 fans, as they were doing just a few years ago, they will be heading to Lincoln Road to play in front of about 1,000 fans. 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 11:57, HawkMan said:

Man Utd 2 up with 10 to go, then Maguire comes on, scores an own goal and it ends up 2-2, got to feel sorry for him.  Not his fault for first goal, also own goal, but he's in  the negative headlines. Final nail in coffin for his OT career.

So United fans have something to cheer about this season after all. 

However, I think he should stick it out.😀

On 17/04/2023 at 04:06, JohnM said:

So United fans have something to cheer about this season after all. 

However, I think he should stick it out.😀

Correction- this was the final nail.

Edited by HawkMan

Thirty-one years we've been in the top tier. The lord alone knows how. We've needed shenanigans, licence failures in the division below and, now, twice we've needed to win on the last day of the season. And bear in mind we got to that point because our goalkeeper scored a goal a couple of weeks ago.

Now ... look at the time elapsed. Just look at it.

So now the club have put out the classic Titanic version that all great plays require. You can also find the Welsh commentary which is completely intelligible even if you don't understand a word.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Thirty-one years we've been in the top tier. The lord alone knows how. We've needed shenanigans, licence failures in the division below and, now, twice we've needed to win on the last day of the season. And bear in mind we got to that point because our goalkeeper scored a goal a couple of weeks ago.

Now ... look at the time elapsed. Just look at it.

So now the club have put out the classic Titanic version that all great plays require. You can also find the Welsh commentary which is completely intelligible even if you don't understand a word.

Spot the gloryhunter!  😉

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Spot the gloryhunter!  😉

It didn't feel very glorious swearing at S4C when we almost went 3-1 down whilst Flint were ahead at Pontypridd!

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

To be fair they’ve been fluffing their lines in Serie A and the Champions League for a few weeks now so it must be a relief to get one over their hated northern giants yesterday.

I watched the game and they were the better team although Juventus had a couple of goals disallowed prior to Raspadori’s late winner.

The scudetto is inevitable now as the chasing pack have been unable to make any headway on Napoli’s late title splutter and there’s a real dogfight for the CL places in Italy now Juve have had their points reinstated that had been docked for financial irregularities previously.

On 23/04/2023 at 14:51, Gerrumonside ref said:

Someone check on Hawkman!

Who am I ? Where am I? What happened?!

Please someone rescue me from this Matrix like fake reality that I'm now obviously in.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Haha 1