Fui Fui Moi Moi confirmed at Leigh

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news for Leigh they certainly look to be a club on the up and I wish them and Fui well in 2015 and what I suspect could be a very big 2016, I read Fui's comments Re making the switch Leigh to and how he loves the "Smash" well Sam Burgess defiantly gave him that in that test match about 6 years ago what a hit  ;)

Great news for Leigh they certainly look to be a club on the up and I wish them and Fui well in 2015 and what I suspect could be a very big 2016, I read Fui's comments Re making the switch Leigh to and how he loves the "Smash" well Sam Burgess defiantly gave him that in that test match about 6 years ago what a hit ;)

Not too fussed about this signing myself at 35 he's past it and just another journey man looking to top up his pension. Like you say Sam gave him a beauty of a hit and I'm sure their will be loads of young forwards in our league wanting to smash him too and at 35 I doubt his mentality or fitness will stand up to having a target on his chest especially in the driving rain and wind of britain its certainly not australia lol but we will see. No doubt about it he's a big name but if he still had it he would of at least gone into SL.

Not too fussed about this signing myself at 35 he's past it and just another journey man looking to top up his pension. Like you say Sam gave him a beauty of a hit and I'm sure their will be loads of young forwards in our league wanting to smash him too and at 35 I doubt his mentality or fitness will stand up to having a target on his chest especially in the driving rain and wind of britain its certainly not australia lol but we will see. No doubt about it he's a big name but if he still had it he would of at least gone into SL.

Does it rain in Oz or NZ ?... For someone who is ' not too fussed ' about this signing you're doing a good job of hiding it. ;)

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Does it rain in Oz or NZ ?... For someone who is ' not too fussed ' about this signing you're doing a good job of hiding it. ;)

Honestly I couldn't give two monkeys Bart. If he was 28 I might stand up and go wow but he's 35 way past it. If he hasn't gone to a SL club at the very least he hasn't got it anymore. I'm more excited about our forward verlinden than I am of fui fui if I'm being honest. Like I say he will be a target every game and at 35 can he take the big hits the young forwards will be lining him up for? I personally don't think he will at 35 and with the cold wind and rain and the past knowledge of him not wanting to train etc nah you can have him Bart for me and he will pick up a great pension and you still won't go up so its win win for fui fui and lose lose for leigh I reckon but we will see.For him to move from Australia to Leigh a place he's probably never heard of for one season he must be on some right wonga. Good luck to the lad and I'm sure most players would do the same at 35 to take a big big pay day.

Honestly I couldn't give two monkeys Bart. If he was 28 I might stand up and go wow but he's 35 way past it. If he hasn't gone to a SL club at the very least he hasn't got it anymore. I'm more excited about our forward verlinden than I am of fui fui if I'm being honest. Like I say he will be a target every game and at 35 can he take the big hits the young forwards will be lining him up for? I personally don't think he will at 35 and with the cold wind and rain and the past knowledge of him not wanting to train etc nah you can have him Bart for me and he will pick up a great pension and you still won't go up so its win win for fui fui and lose lose for leigh I reckon but we will see.For him to move from Australia to Leigh a place he's probably never heard of for one season he must be on some right wonga. Good luck to the lad and I'm sure most players would do the same at 35 to take a big big pay day.

Gaz

If he has never heard of Leigh he must suffer from amnesia or be stupid, not unlike some statements posted on here which are quite obviously snatched out of the air.

He played at the LSV in the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I thought signings like this were pretty much a thing of the past. Hey ho.

We've gone back to the past.

What you are looking at here is the future

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

certainly interesting hope it works out and should get bums on seats !

”Much better not upset him it’s not worth while "   Harold Brighouse

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Absolutely no idea how we've managed to pull this off in the face of Super League offers but it's a huge coup and one I hope we take full advantage of, on and off the field.

He's hardly the first prop to be playing his mid 30's, and let's not forget he still managed a dozen NRL games last season. Not bad preparation for a season in the Championship.

For what it's worth, he does acknowledge in his interview that Tonga were based in Leigh during the World Cup and played at the LSV. We have a history of welcoming Tongan players at the club and the town has something of a Tongan community, to the extent that Elliot Liku currently plays in our academy having been born over here after his father Tau moved over to play for Leigh after the World Cup in 1995.

Good signing of Leigh, both on and off the field. apparently he was a massive hit up here in workington during the world cup, was always open to a chat, with kids or adults. It might be that he brings a lot more to their club than just a big bopper in the pack, he`s definitely larger than life. Well done Leigh.

Good signing of Leigh, both on and off the field. apparently he was a massive hit up here in workington during the world cup, was always open to a chat, with kids or adults. It might be that he brings a lot more to their club than just a big bopper in the pack, he`s definitely larger than life. Well done Leigh.

With the Tongas being based here, they did a lot of work in the schools in the lead up to their game at the LSV and he was an absolute magnet by all accounts. The buzz when he got the ball in the actual game was unreal.

A lot of the crowd were chanting "Fui, sign for Leigh" - never thought in a million years it'd actually happen!

With the Tongas being based here, they did a lot of work in the schools in the lead up to their game at the LSV and he was an absolute magnet by all accounts. The buzz when he got the ball in the actual game was unreal.

A lot of the crowd were chanting "Fui, sign for Leigh" - never thought in a million years it'd actually happen!

From the Nigel Wiskar articles that mention meeting him, he's one of those personalities who is great with kids, so Leigh need to use him well off the field as well as on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyone who thinks this is a 'poor' signing or that they 'couldn't give a monkey's' about it is living in denial. Fine, it's ok to be disinterested in the activities of other clubs, but to try and put a downer on the signing of a player (by a lower league outfit) who has been one the most recognisable names in the sport over the last decade is a little pathetic.

Yes, he's 'past it' at NRL level but will be a stand-out in the Championship next season. Further to that, him signing for them has generated massive publicity for Leigh and boosted their profile no end - which was obviously one of their main aims. They'll also be able to build a really effective marketing campaign around him.

I'm no fan of Leigh, but this bit of business has to be applauded. I only hope that they have the financial muscle in place to move forward with their plans.

r02c.gif

Well done Leigh, he's a big name in the game, people already knocking him as he's 35.

So what, he'll bring new hope to a club who have ambition.

Best of luck to Leigh and a fantastic name to bring over to our country.

More importantly the experience he's got / had will rub off on the youngsters and the current playing staff....... For me this is a great piece of business, all the knockers are entitled to their opinion, however this is a feel good factor for the Leigh club..... Can't knock ambition

Well done and see you on the top table in a few years

Archived