Two rounds in...

Piggy's mate

Would have been av been a great spectacle on that pitch lol And I'm gutted for dewsbury but there is still an opportunity to celebrate because....

BATLEY ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been av been a great spectacle on that pitch lol And I'm gutted for dewsbury but there is still an opportunity to celebrate because....

Congratulations my friend to all concerned at the dogs

Will be interesting to see how you go against some real opposition ;)

But credit where credit is due

:)

Are you above Leigh now?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Come on Piggy.  Having to listening to Batley fans bragging is bad enough but you shouldn't even be in our league.  If it wasn't for the sheer incompetence of all at Red Hall you would be where you belong; Champ 1.  Who says cheating doesn't pay?

Hope you haven't been bragging on the Keighley forum?

Come on Piggy.  Having to listening to Batley fans bragging is bad enough but you shouldn't even be in our league.  If it wasn't for the sheer incompetence of all at Red Hall you would be where you belong; Champ 1.  Who says cheating doesn't pay?

Hope you haven't been bragging on the Keighley forum?

They've beaten 2 teams that are the bookies favourites for the drop,& talking to workington fans yesterday they were saying it was probably there worst performance for a couple of seasons,see if they're still bragging next Sunday after they've played Halifax!!!

Well I reckon Batley will end up comfortably mid-table this season. It might be a bit boring for them to be missing out on the nail-biting finish mind.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What can we read in to the matches so far?

Was our win over Sheffield more significant than we thought or are London a poor side?

Are Halifax as good as The Blues Ox says or did they just exploit the poor conditions to peg Leigh back?

Are Batley top four material or will a perceived lack of depth see them falter?

...or is it too early to tell anything?!

Tom

For batley it will be a comprehensive defeat after listening to the shift they put in vs leigh yesterday

The only way is down for the dogs

;)

Just Bought another 2000 shares in wilkinson sword razorblades

Sales will be up no doubt

On the batley forum after a couple of defeats and it's sack the coach

Fickle supporters at the best of times ;)

I don't think even the most ardent of Batley fans expect us to be table topping for very long!

But I think personally we have enough from what I've seen so far to suggest that we should be battling for one of the top 8 positions rather than to avoid the bottom 2 spots. Tom makes a fair point though about squad depth. We have a plethora of very decent forwards, but injury/loss of form in the backs could leave us struggling a bit.

Going to be an interesting season. I think the group that contains Fax, Fev, Dews, Sheff, us, Worky, London and Donny have the ability to all beat each other in one off games. It's going to be who is the most consistent that counts. Bradford and Leigh will I suspect win the majority of their games barring major injury issues.

Fax will start as favourites on paper against us, but probably have done for the last 5 years and our record against them is pretty good, so you just don't know. We will need to be on top of our game though whatever the result.

Just Bought another 2000 shares in wilkinson sword razorblades

I thought you weren't allowed sharp objects Coolie as part of your release conditions from the secure hospital where you spent the past 6 month, and you know you'll only try eating them again sooner than later!

It must be depressing playing catch-up with the best team in the HW ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

They've beaten 2 teams that are the bookies favourites for the drop,& talking to workington fans yesterday they were saying it was probably there worst performance for a couple of seasons,see if they're still bragging next Sunday after they've played Halifax!!!

They would say that wouldn't they?

I thought you weren't allowed sharp objects Coolie as part of your release conditions from the secure hospital where you spent the past 6 month, and you know you'll only try eating them again sooner than later!

It must be depressing playing catch-up with the best team in the HW ;)

Lol as long as that's all that I'm eating

Too early for humble pie and custard ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Please go easy on coolie , i know that during his hiatus a lot happened , for one he discovered that he actually quite liked the idea of friday night games even though i remember his wailings and hollerings when the wigan game last year was played on a friday .Secondly i am informed that before the electric shock therapy a short time ago put him straightish he took in all three of the bulldogs pre season games before returning to the yellow brick road to ms`s theatre of dreams .

Which one did he miss out on as we played 4, Rams, Featherstone, HW Select and NWC.

I have missed him during his sabbatical.

Cheers Roger.

By the way , im still alive . just.

Glad to hear it GFDU. Looking forward to a full recovery.

I don't think even the most ardent of Batley fans expect us to be table topping for very long!

But I think personally we have enough from what I've seen so far to suggest that we should be battling for one of the top 8 positions rather than to avoid the bottom 2 spots. Tom makes a fair point though about squad depth. We have a plethora of very decent forwards, but injury/loss of form in the backs could leave us struggling a bit.

Going to be an interesting season. I think the group that contains Fax, Fev, Dews, Sheff, us, Worky, London and Donny have the ability to all beat each other in one off games. It's going to be who is the most consistent that counts. Bradford and Leigh will I suspect win the majority of their games barring major injury issues.

Fax will start as favourites on paper against us, but probably have done for the last 5 years and our record against them is pretty good, so you just don't know. We will need to be on top of our game though whatever the result.

i think the Cheaters will do Halifax to be honest...Might be different if it was at the Shay but I fully expect a win for the home team...

Lets get real who would have thought Batley would have beaten Worky at home and Hunslet away.ITS A MAGNIFICENT START TO THE AVOIDING RELEGATION CAMPAIGN.

dont swet,i were suprised we bet you n fev in games you dident want to win... :pickeat: god know what we might pull off when sun comes out a bit more,, :bb: UP THE DOGS..

Archived