Middle 8 Predictions

After a calamitous season at the Big Fellas Stadium i'm now forced to look forward to the Middle 8s as a neutral.

What does everyone think?

Love em or hate em i think Leigh will comfortably get promoted and i'm backing them to make the top 3 outright.

I'll go with the 'Million Pound Game' being Salford V Wakefield

The other 3 championship sides might get a win at home but that's about it.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HKR and Widnes to pull clear and easily take the top 2 spots. Despite some calamitous results this year Salford have too much class to miss out if they can keep their best players fit. I reckon they will take the 3rd spot.

For me the real battle will be between Wakefield, Leigh &  Bradford for the 4th & 5th spots. Wakey have had some real thumpings in SL this year (including yesterday) but over the last few weeks they've shown some real improvement and wont be easily run over by Leigh & Bradford.

I reckon the million pound game will be Leigh (4th) V Wakefield (5th) - Too difficult to call who would win a 1 off game like this. Wakefield have experience of being in these desperate 1 off games for survival so Leigh will have to draw on their cup run experience to see them through.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Very little difference between Leigh & Bradford so the game between the two at the LSV  could dictate who finishes the highest.

I fully expect one of the full time clubs to underestimate Sheffield or Halifax and come a cropper which could have a big bearing on final positions

Another bearing could be in what order the fixtures are played in,will they be picked by the rfl or will they be drawn out of a hat? Either way im not bothered.

There seems to be an awful lot of issues going on at Salford which could be a problem when the pressure is on and Wakefield seem like a club and team which is very unsure of itself.

So here goes

Widnes

HKR

Leigh

Bradford

Salford

Wakefield

Halifax

Sheffield

With Bradford winning the playoff game

From what i've seen of Bradford i don't rate their chances without Lee Gaskell.

But i also think Salford will struggle.........doesn't matter how good your players are if they aren't happy and something's not right there.

Wakefield have been awful and got stuffed again at the weekend but i've got a sneaky feeling they'll step up a couple of gears when it matters......pessimistic as it sounds they really have nothing to play for til the middle 8 kicks off and they are probably treating games like training.

Wakefield have been awful and got stuffed again at the weekend but i've got a sneaky feeling they'll step up a couple of gears when it matters......pessimistic as it sounds they really have nothing to play for til the middle 8 kicks off and they are probably treating games like training.

Hard to just turn it off and on though isn't it. Yesterday was an ideal chance for Wakey to start ramping it up against their big rivals and from what I understand that just didn't happen. I'd fancy both Leigh and Bradford to beat them at the moment.

I agree Leigh will finish about 3rd. Take your pick of any two from Salford, Wakey and Bradford for the million pound game at the moment. I agree, without Gaskell we haven't been great - he and Mullaney should be back for the 8s though and although one game doesn't make a season, yesterday showed that I do think we can put in a big performance for a big game, even without him. It's how we back that up though and Sunday at Fax is a good test of that.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

yesterday showed that I do think we can put in a big performance for a big game

That's what i think Wakefield will do.........Apparently they rotated quite a lot of the team against Cas and it obviously didn't work.

It's gonna be interesting to see and very close i think........Sheffield and Halifax are no mugs too and Fax are on a brilliant run of form.

There's certainly gonna be plenty of interesting games for the neutral over the next month or so

That's what i think Wakefield will do

Maybe. My opinion, that that is a lot harder to do when you have been losing all season than when you are winning, even if you are in different leagues. That said, Wakey seem to be the ultimate survivors.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Hull KR

Widnes (only 2nd due to their not-stellar away record this season)

Leigh

Bradford

Wakefield (lots of new signings, Brian Smith effect) 

Salford (seemingly a few behind the scenes problems, then again, they have Tim Sheens on board)

Sheffield

Halifax

No doubt Salford will prove the above wrong before the Middle-8s have even started, by beating Widnes this weekend.

I do think it will be pretty close, with several clubs on the same number of wins and points difference coming into things.

Hull kr

Salford

Widnes

Wakey

Leigh

Bulls

Fax

Eagles

Don't know who will win the 4th vs 5th play off between Leigh and wakey but head says wakey heart says Leigh.

can let your dislike of widnes go can you

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Salford

Hull kr

Leigh

Widnes

Bradford

Wakey

Sheff

Fax

door handle

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Widnes

Hull KR

Leigh

Salford

Bradford

Wakefield

Fax 

Sheffield

Sheffield and Fax will cause an upset as both have nothing to lose and are being written off by all. I think Fax and Sheffield will have a large say in who finishes 4th, 5th and 6th.Widnes 

The million pound game that people go on about, is this played at a neutral venue or at the team that finished 4th ground?

Home ground of team that finishes fourth

SQL Honours

If Salford don't make it (as I expect), what will Koucash do (leaving out the bizarre rant, of course)?

Slap a 2 million pound transfer value on all his players and sue them all. Claim it's the rfl's fault because they wouldn't allow him to sign Sam Burgess and remind everyone that his 'mate' Nigel Wood is fat anyway.

Archived