Eloi Pelissier is angry

Hvy wg

Pelissier stated in today's newspaper that the staff promised him to start 1 every 3 games this season and that it is not the case with only 6 starting spots in 24 games.

"I think I deserve more game time" he said. 

When asked if the arrival of Paul Aiton from Leeds would push him out, he said that i's not something he's thinking about "at the moment". He then stated that he has one year left on his contract and that he will go on until the end of it.

At the end of the interveiw, he said that if he was not "the number one" at the end of the contract, "having tried everything", he'll look out for "an outside opportunity" even though he's proud to be a true Catalan born and fed guy. 

"If I can't make the staff trust me, maybe another team will give me this chance".

Pelissier stated in today's newspaper that the staff promised him to start 1 every 3 games this season and that it is not the case with only 6 starting spots in 24 games.

"I think I deserve more game time" he said.

When asked if the arrival of Paul Aiton from Leeds would push him out, he said that i's not something he's thinking about "at the moment". He then stated that he has one year left on his contract and that he will go on until the end of it.

At the end of the interveiw, he said that if he was not "the number one" at the end of the contract, "having tried everything", he'll look out for "an outside opportunity" even though he's proud to be a true Catalan born and fed guy.

"If I can't make the staff trust me, maybe another team will give me this chance".

What the hell is going on over there? And they wonder why Springer left at the very first opportunity he had?

Good on him, he's been treated terribly this year. Hopefully the staff now give him the respect he deserves, but in reality he'll probably just be frozen out even more.

He'll get good offers if he decides to leave, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What the hell is going on over there? And they wonder why Springer left at the very first opportunity he had?

Springer is very raw and has a lot to learn before he can become a first team regular though.

No player should be guaranteed game time, they should have to earn it but Pelissier would be best advised to look elsewhere as he won't get a lot of game time next season behind the 2nd best hooker in Super League, unless Aiton gets injured

This is why a second French club is vital. As long as Catalans are the only game in town they can treat their French players like garbage and few of them will be willing to cross the channel in response. In contrast if someone like Ryan Hampshire feels he isn't getting enough game time he knows he can join another superleague club without even having to move house.

Could this guy be much more arrogant? You have got to earn your game time, more so when you are a hooker playing for a team with an absolute wealth of hooking talent.

Has he earned 8 caps for Scotland? No (nor is he likely to). Does he have the courage to take on the women of Castleford? I doubt that very much.

But i suppose there is an easier target in Catalan, he clearly thinks that he should take place of the French Bulldog Grausch junior. Why? simply because because GJ is a man of the smaller variety? Maybe he should compare the size of his heart to the of the man he views as a 'lesser' man. I can see this ending in tears, as I suspect further outbursts like and GJ will remind him of the wisdom of the old saying "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

This is why a second French club is vital. As long as Catalans are the only game in town they can treat their French players like garbage and few of them will be willing to cross the channel in response. In contrast if someone like Ryan Hampshire feels he isn't getting enough game time he knows he can join another superleague club without even having to move house.

So Toulouse won't also look to field the strongest side they can either?

Would you have French clubs only play French players, fine by me as long as English clubs only play English players.

So Toulouse won't also look to field the strongest side they can either?

Would you have French clubs only play French players, fine by me as long as English clubs only play English players.

I have argued literally the opposite of that in every thread on the subject. Catalans are a business, so naturally they will field what they believe is their strongest side, and equally naturally they couldn't give a damn about player loyalty, local lads etc. My point is that as the only French club in Superleague this puts young French players in an extremely vulnerable position - leave your home and move 1000 miles away or accept with whatever rubbish Catalans offer you. Maybe Toulouse would have no interest in Catalans French players, but more than likely they would and having one realistic option to bring to the negotiating table puts French players in a lot stronger position than they are now. This isn't a problem for English players as they can easily change clubs without disrupting their lives too much and there are plenty of examples of players becoming great successes after being frozen out of one club.

i don't blame him being angry, pelissier is an extremely talented player who is being treated terribly by the dragons.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

He is right to be annoyed. On  what I've seen of him, he should be the starting hooker.

Even if he is to be used off the bench, he should get more game time, because he's the kind of player who makes things happen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So realistically if he moves next year where will he go? Bearing in mind that he will want to be first choice or at least playing 40 odd minutes a game. Anyone need a new hooker? I think he's exactly the sort of player Hull FC need but whether he'd be happy interchanging with Houghton is a different story.

So realistically if he moves next year where will he go? Bearing in mind that he will want to be first choice or at least playing 40 odd minutes a game. Anyone need a new hooker? I think he's exactly the sort of player Hull FC need but whether he'd be happy interchanging with Houghton is a different story.

Well, Leeds will have just said goodbye to Paul Aiton...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I though that but I can't see leeds going for him as first choice

If they signed him, they'd be alternating him with Burrow, I'd assume.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

He's is exactly that type of player we need IMO! Would love him at Hull!
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Could this guy be much more arrogant? You have got to earn your game time, more so when you are a hooker playing for a team with an absolute wealth of hooking talent.

Has he earned 8 caps for Scotland? No (nor is he likely to). Does he have the courage to take on the women of Castleford? I doubt that very much.

But i suppose there is an easier target in Catalan, he clearly thinks that he should take place of the French Bulldog Grausch junior. Why? simply because because GJ is a man of the smaller variety? Maybe he should compare the size of his heart to the of the man he views as a 'lesser' man. I can see this ending in tears, as I suspect further outbursts like and GJ will remind him of the wisdom of the old saying "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

Are you actually referring to Pelissier? I do hope you are having a giggle with this post. He has absolutely earned game time and is by far the best hooker at Catalan; the team plays so much better when he is on the field. He actually has 12 international caps at 24yrs old so not sure what your point is. I would snap Pelissier up in a heartbeat at Saints and really hope if he does leave Catalan, we'd be in the running for him as he is a quality player.

Are you actually referring to Pelissier? I do hope you are having a giggle with this post. He has absolutely earned game time and is by far the best hooker at Catalan; the team plays so much better when he is on the field. He actually has 12 international caps at 24yrs old so not sure what your point is. I would snap Pelissier up in a heartbeat at Saints and really hope if he does leave Catalan, we'd be in the running for him as he is a quality player.

How many of those caps were for the Bravehearts?

I suspect there would also be a few clubs in the running for the French Bulldog Gausch. But he isn't kicking up a stink is he?

I think it is quite easier to overlook Grausch (literally, unless your Rob Burrow). His qualities aren't as obvious as others. Like a French Bulldog he may lack the aggression, pace (short legs), stamina and athleticism of others of his 'species'. However rugby league is a business these days, cost been a key factor, like a French Bulldog Grausch is content with a piece of tripe as payment for his efforts.

Yes of course I was joking...Although in all seriosnes Gausch's achievements have already dwarfed (couldn't resist) anything the naturally talented Pellissier could ever achieve. The simple fact that the little guy has made it onto the field of a SL game despite his obvious lack of ability and clearly deficient physical attributes is frankly astounding, absolutely crazy scenario for an elite sports club.

Archived