NZ series ticket sales latest news

Scubby

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the crowd built throughout the first 20 mins. When I went into the stadium there were massive queues at the collection office outside. Apparently the traffic was bad too. I was disappointed at kick off but so many more came in after that. I took this picture during the game too. Thought it captured the attendance well

76925C5F-A758-4528-8A53-55254164450B_zps

Excellent photo.

So, we were part of the largest crowd ever to watch a stamd alone England game against the Kiwis!!!!

With 50p on marketing and no press...

Worth pausing at this point, and consider how far we have quietly come. And how far we can still go.

There were times in the dark days when I wondered what sort of RL my children would grow up watching... How had our generation taken this wonderful game and failed to treasure and promote it?

And there we were watching England along with tne rest of this record crowd. If you'd told me that would happen in November 2000 I would have given you a huge hug and bought you a big drink, and wept tears of joy.

I thought the walk was great with the only minor downside being that parts of the park are still being redeveloped but that will be sorted soon.

The bonus of Westfield is that 45,000 rugby league fans are a very well behaved walking advertisement for the game. I saw loads of shoppers looking at people's shirts trying to work out what was going on and in several cases ask them and have a friendly conversation.

I find the thought of a friendly conversation with anyone from London to be a ludicrous concept.

So, we were part of the largest crowd ever to watch a stamd alone England game against the Kiwis!!!!

With 50p on marketing and no press...

Worth pausing at this point, and consider how far we have quietly come. And how far we can still go.

There were times in the dark days when I wondered what sort of RL my children would grow up watching... How had our generation taken this wonderful game and failed to treasure and promote it?

And there we were watching England along with tne rest of this record crowd. If you'd told me that would happen in November 2000 I would have given you a huge hug and bought you a big drink, and wept tears of joy.

Losing 49-6 in front of 16,000 for a World Cup Semi-final on national TV (3m IIRC) after a dreadful tournament that threatened the whole of international RL. Let's not forget it was as a direct result of this that we moved to a test series with a capacity of about 170,000 to one with a total of under 80,000.

Yet some people are worried that the game didn't have enough tries. Perspective much.

Also, the crowd built throughout the first 20 mins. When I went into the stadium there were massive queues at the collection office outside. Apparently the traffic was bad too. I was disappointed at kick off but so many more came in after that. I took this picture during the game too. Thought it captured the attendance well

76925C5F-A758-4528-8A53-55254164450B_zps

Excellent picture, thanks.

Looks better from where that was taken - looking across at the stand that was mostly full.

Enjoyed my day at the OP yesterday. Disappointed with the match from a spectacle point of view, and found the atmosphere a bit wanting at times but that said, the area I was sat it was full of some great characters and I really enjoyed the banter, especially with a vociferous kiwi fan behind me who said the atmosphere was still way better than at Twickenham (he really knew both his RL and RU).

If the whole 'brand England RL' continues momentum then I think the fans will have something to get behind. Likewise with the OP stadium - it's a fantastic venue and we should stick with it and build on it. As another poster has said on here, the whole area around the stadium with the excellent Westfield shopping centre on the doorstep is personally a million times better than the Wembley area.

Also, the crowd built throughout the first 20 mins. When I went into the stadium there were massive queues at the collection office outside. Apparently the traffic was bad too. I was disappointed at kick off but so many more came in after that. I took this picture during the game too. Thought it captured the attendance well76925C5F-A758-4528-8A53-55254164450B_zps

What block and row are you in there?

What block and row are you in there?

Block 216, Row 52.

There were rows behind is and our section was pretty full. To our left is where it started to thin out though. The ground in general to the right was pretty full. Just the odd block here and there that was empty

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Don't do it then. Walk round, it was well signposted.☺

In future I wouldn't but all the signposts and all the stewards sent people through the centre. Maybe you knew the area but most people went the way we were told

Block 216, Row 52.

There were rows behind is and our section was pretty full. To our left is where it started to thin out though. The ground in general to the right was pretty full. Just the odd block here and there that was empty

I thought the view was very similar! I was row 41; our club had rows 41-48!

In future I wouldn't but all the signposts and all the stewards sent people through the centre. Maybe you knew the area but most people went the way we were told

Sadly I know Westfields well and the choice wasn't given to go any other way than through the shopping area when we arrived at 2:30pm. As someone else has posted I certainly got the impression from shops and shoppers that people were interested and impressed with the crowd and people's behaviour (I wonder what it will be like when West Ham play there!?) The woman in M&S where I bought my tea was very complimentary. She told me she went to her first 'rugby' game last March and loved it. Sadly it turned out it was union but I gave her one of the Broncos/Skolars leaflets and told her she would like RL even more!

I thought the view was very similar! I was row 41; our club had rows 41-48!

I was the other side (where the sun is shining in the picture). The half I was in was packed  but the half I was looking at didn't particularly.

I was very happy that 44,000 people turned up (the coach load of Swansea uni RL club members in fancy dress was particularly impressive) particularly as there was no publicity or media coverage in the capital.

Nope, never been before. The wife asked a staff member having a fag break at the door. Didn't direct her through the Westfield.

Other staff may just have been kind and saved you from the rain. ☺

Big success for me. I hope those casual sport fans who attended weren't put off by the game, but they should be offset by Aussies should we play em there next year.

For those miserable so and sos who found the tube stop too far away and didn't like walking through a shopping center, take the 10 min train from St Pancras to Straford international, and you won't have to do the latter

Archived