Refugee humanitarian disaster

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradford has a huge number of Muslims. However, none of their groupings are clamouring for us to take more immigrants. In fact, they are strangely silent on the issue. I reckon it's because the more we take from Europe, the fewer can come in from current residents of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I reckon it's because the more we take from Europe, the fewer can come in from current residents of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I reckon it's because certain sections of society would immediately start jumping up and down, knees twitching and frothing at the mouth.

Bradford has a huge number of Muslims. However, none of their groupings are clamouring for us to take more immigrants. In fact, they are strangely silent on the issue. I reckon it's because the more we take from Europe, the fewer can come in from current residents of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

There's a lot of Sikhs in Coventry UKIP and I suspect it's a similar line of thinking (although I also suspect they wouldn't be a fan of Islamic immigration)

I reckon it's because certain sections of society would immediately start jumping up and down, knees twitching and frothing at the mouth.

I haven't sen the charity minibus emblazoned "For Syria" recently, either.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Reading an article on the BBC website today - surprisingly of the developed countries only the USA gives more money to international aid than we do and the UK is one of only 5 countries worldwide (along with Sweden, Luxemourg, Norway & Denmark)  that meets the UN target of giving 0.7% of gross national income. 

Just becaue we're not throwing open our doors and welcoming millions of refugees doesn't mean we're not contributing significantly to humanitarian crisis around the world.

Also not surprised to see countries like Syria, Ethiopia & Afghanistan top of the list as aid recipiants. Not sure how countries like Turkey manage to receive so much, also confused as to why so much aid is going to Pakistan. Half the country is in league with Al Quaeda / Taliban and the government seems to find enough money to run a nuclear deterrent, surely they cant be short of enough money to look after their own people !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Q the far rite rizing in Jermanny.

Maybe if the politicians of the main party had not been so stupid and arrogant, then the rise of the right in Germany , Poland, France etc would not be so popular. The decisions that Merkel, Hollande, Cameron have made recently have driven a huge gap between what many people want and expect. The poor politics has been a gift for the right wing parties across Europe to gain popularity. Thanks to the decisions of Merkel and co in Germany, the AFD (Right Nationalist party has grown from 3.2% in August to now 9.1%. The big two parties  (who are also joint ruling) have lost ground on the Right in this time. CDU/CSU has dropped from 42.1% to 37.7% and the SPD from 24.3 to 23.2% in this time period. This is largely thanks to the awful politics and arrogance of the big 2. The attacks at the weekend in Cologne, Hamburg and Stuttgart and the comments about it and the handling of it by the Police and Ministers has again given further chance for the Afd to make gains. Its this stupidity from the ruling parties that has given the right wing more chance of gaining seats and power in the next 18 months. 

Maybe if the politicians of the main party had not been so stupid and arrogant, then the rise of the right in Germany , Poland, France etc would not be so popular. The decisions that Merkel, Hollande, Cameron have made recently have driven a huge gap between what many people want and expect. The poor politics has been a gift for the right wing parties across Europe to gain popularity. Thanks to the decisions of Merkel and co in Germany, the AFD (Right Nationalist party has grown from 3.2% in August to now 9.1%. The big two parties  (who are also joint ruling) have lost ground on the Right in this time. CDU/CSU has dropped from 42.1% to 37.7% and the SPD from 24.3 to 23.2% in this time period. This is largely thanks to the awful politics and arrogance of the big 2. The attacks at the weekend in Cologne, Hamburg and Stuttgart and the comments about it and the handling of it by the Police and Ministers has again given further chance for the Afd to make gains. Its this stupidity from the ruling parties that has given the right wing more chance of gaining seats and power in the next 18 months.

They (incumbunt partys) then call anyone supporting the right racist wen it's they and there polisies hoo r partly 2 blaim 4 the rite ganing tracshun.

rldfsignature.jpg

Reading an article on the BBC website today - surprisingly of the developed countries only the USA gives more money to international aid than we do and the UK is one of only 5 countries worldwide (along with Sweden, Luxemourg, Norway & Denmark)  that meets the UN target of giving 0.7% of gross national income. 

The US figure is always misleading because they include military "aid" in their figures. Most US aid is basically just a subsidy to their farmers or defence industry. They used to "give" Israel $2billion/year but 75% had to be spent on US military hardware, Ditto Egypt. Most grain "aid" to the Third World is simply a clearing of unsold US stockpiles, to maintain higher floor prices for US agricultural products.

Just becaue we're not throwing open our doors and welcoming millions of refugees doesn't mean we're not contributing significantly to humanitarian crisis around the world.

Also not surprised to see countries like Syria, Ethiopia & Afghanistan top of the list as aid recipiants. Not sure how countries like Turkey manage to receive so much, also confused as to why so much aid is going to Pakistan.

Most of the money to those countries would be to run refugee camps so the people stay there instead of heading to Europe. Pakistan has, for years, hosted up to 4 million Afghan refugees. It seems perverse to "reward" Pakistan since it was their meddling in Afghan internal affairs that created a lot of the problems.

A lot of the money to Turkey would be to run Syrian refugee camps.

Half the country is in league with Al Quaeda / Taliban and the government seems to find enough money to run a nuclear deterrent, surely they cant be short of enough money to look after their own people !

I would never give aid to a country that can afford nuclear weapons.

Shocking first of all what happened in places like Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Vienna etc, but then the cover up from the Police and the Politicians! How can women feel safe when you have comments like “It is always possible to keep a certain distance that is longer than an arm’s length,” which was what the mayoress of Cologne came out with. Merkel, by the sounds of things, tried to cover it up, fearing that people would attack Asylum Seekers even more. The Police have admitted they were outnumbered and didnt know what to do! Merkel and her useless politician friends need to deport anybody found guilty of such acts. Ripping clothes or women including underwear and forcing them to hand over phones so they could film or send a message for help is shocking. I fear for Europe, that things are out of control and you will see vigilante, far left and far right and asylum seekers clashing and basically the police having no control of the situation. I also fear my wife or friends going out in big cities, as seemingly this is more than a one of event and that you cant mention or say anything bad about any asylum seeker without being branded a racist. The atmosphere in Europe has changed very much in the last month or so, since the Paris attacks and now the various sexual assaults that have been going on across Europe, involving large groups of Asylum Seekers. Its time for the Politicians to make a stand and say we will help you but any criminal activity WILL see you deported, not just ignored, as has been the case up to now.

"any criminal activity WILL see you deported"

Amen to that. I wish they'd do that here.  and to be dammed with PIL,  Leigh Day, Matrix Chambers and Mansfield. They  can't get their way through the ballot box, so gorge themselves on public funds instead.

I'm not sure that the events in Germany on New Year's Eve will encourage too many people in this country to vote to stay in the EU.

European institutions seem to be losing control far too often these days.

The attacks didn't just happen in Germany though but in Finland, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35261359

All so predictable, as a number of us pointed out when all this started. These countries are now reaping the harvest from the seeds of Germanys open door policy, a policy that has brought death nd misery to so many trying to escape the war in Syria. There are those from other countries too who piggyback on their misery to gain entry to Europe for all sorts of reasons, not al of them good.

The UK policy is correct and had this been replicated across Europe, not only would the females in Cologne have benefited, not only would far fewer died at the hands of people traffickers, there would also have been much more money to spend in setting up and running decent refugee camps in surrounding countries.

All so predictable, as a number of us pointed out when all this started.

I don't remember anyone saying it would be organised sexual assaults, more that we were all going to get blown up in our beds.  Still, one can't blame the Cologne police.  Given that native white people never assault anyone on New Years Eve they must have been utterly confused as to what was actually going on.

Merkel's response seems to me to be the right one, as it did during the summer.  Make it more straightforward for fleeing people to get in, and now make it more straightforward to kick out those who abuse that welcome.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The UK policy is correct and had this been replicated across Europe, not only would the females in Cologne have benefited, not only would far fewer died at the hands of people traffickers, there would also have been much more money to spend in setting up and running decent refugee camps in surrounding countries.

Agreed. An open door policy is fast being changed as the sheer numbers being affected and the rapidly developing integration issues are having real impact on politicians popularity; a very quick way to change policy. Real issues on the mainland and firmly believe our approach in the UK is the right one.

I don't remember anyone saying it would be organised sexual assaults, more that we were all going to get blown up in our beds.  Still, one can't blame the Cologne police.  Given that native white people never assault anyone on New Years Eve they must have been utterly confused as to what was actually going on.

Merkel's response seems to me to be the right one, as it did during the summer.  Make it more straightforward for fleeing people to get in, and now make it more straightforward to kick out those who abuse that welcome.

I think you will find that those of us against the open door policy predicted many possible scenarios, 'being blown up' (or shot dead or stabbed, pick your weapon of choice) was simply one of them. 

I don't remember anyone saying it would be organised sexual assaults, more that we were all going to get blown up in our beds. Still, one can't blame the Cologne police. Given that native white people never assault anyone on New Years Eve they must have been utterly confused as to what was actually going on.

Merkel's response seems to me to be the right one, as it did during the summer. Make it more straightforward for fleeing people to get in, and now make it more straightforward to kick out those who abuse that welcome.

Merkel has made many mistakes and refuses to accept this. She invites millions to Europe including thousands of terrorists, war criminals,gangsters,rapists etc and not even bother to check who they are or what they are up to. She has encouraged the police and press to cover up major crimes committed by illegal immigrants. She comes out with a stupid phrase "wir schaffen das" but has no plan or idea on how to achieve this. Illegal immigrants involved in such things should be deported immediately but Frau Merkel just says maybe. The dumb leftist think welcoming over a million people is great. No it's not and has destroyed the atmosphere in society across Europe. We have thousands of criminals running around Europe from the middle east and have no idea where they are. Yet people think Merkel and co have done a great job. These people need to wake up and see the mass problems that Merkel and her left open society have brought to Europe due to how things have been done. Help people certainly bit not the way it has been done with no control.

I think you will find that those of us against the open door policy predicted many possible scenarios, 'being blown up' (or shot dead or stabbed, pick your weapon of choice) was simply one of them. 

If you predict disaster all the time eventually you will be right.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If you predict disaster all the time eventually you will be right.

Indeed.  However, I didn't predict disaster.  I simply gave reasons why I didn't think allowing all and sundry into Europe without so much as a fingerprint was a wise thing to do, and thus is proving to be the case.

Archived