28 May: SB: Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • Draw
    • London Broncos

London have given away the ball in three promising positions so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slyney gets one for London.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That try sums up Sheffield's season

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

10 all, if anyone needs the score.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like that London kit.

Isn't it the Jamie Thackeray testimonial kit or something?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Garside, just when I thought Sheffield had closed down the attack.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foster just popped out of a three man tackle to score, so Mark Aston won't be a happy bunny at HT.

20:10

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Battye over for the Broncos. Converted, 32:10.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A spectacular consolation try by Worrincy!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very impressed with London, quick around the ruck and well organized. The Broncos could be a threat in the Middle 8s.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

It was a bit messy, especially with the last-tackle decisions and execution. Entertaining, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very impressed with London, quick around the ruck and well organized. The Broncos could be a threat in the Middle 8s.

Even a very poor Leeds will smash them, so unless they beat Championship teams, I doubt it.

Even a very poor Leeds will smash them, so unless they beat Championship teams, I doubt it.

We were good in patches, though can't disagree with your assessment. That Broncos performance would result in a hiding from even the least competent SL side. Perhaps the performance at home against Bradford would give us a more realistic chance, though the speed and thought in attack will need to improve. Defensively we are quite sound though that needs more thorough testing on a regular basis to develop its strength something that you don't get on a consistent basis in the Championship. On occasions the test in the championship is the equal of super duper league but it's just not as consistent in most games. Today was disjointed but the two points are in the bag. The players will be dragged through there mistakes all week and I would be surprised if they made repeat them next week.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

The players will be dragged through there mistakes all week and I would be surprised if they made repeat them next week.

We have a very able coach at the club (probably because the owner didn't hire him as a coach)who I think will end up in SL or maybe even the NRL.

William Barthau did not play today for London Broncos. I understand from reading the fans forums that he adds a lot of skill to the attack.

Do regular London Broncos fans think that his inclusion in the team would make the Broncos able to beat the weakest Super League side?

In the playoffs the odds are against Championship clubs. However in a one-off game factors such as

• Loss of form in players
  • Injuries to key players
  • Poor refereeing decisions

Will influence the result, so If Oldham can beat Hull KR, it is not inconceivable London, if they got to the middle eight, could get a result. What they will not get is a series of results against Super League Clubs if you get what I mean.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

William Barthau did not play today for London Broncos. I understand from reading the fans forums that he adds a lot of skill to the attack.

Do regular London Broncos fans think that his inclusion in the team would make the Broncos able to beat the weakest Super League side?

Its a good question. He is without question a very creative player, good speed, reasonable organisation, but can be a bit hit and miss, but this might be more about his half back partnerships chopping and changing. Scott L and Api have now played two games together, last week they clicked, this week they were all over the place, but equally both have got different qualities that Will doesnt.

So I guess to rephrase your question, would a Will / Api combination work for us to be able to beat SL oppo, yes I think it would.

In the playoffs the odds are against Championship clubs. However in a one-off game factors such as

• Loss of form in players
  • Injuries to key players
  • Poor refereeing decisions
Will influence the result, so If Oldham can beat Hull KR, it is not inconceivable London, if they got to the middle eight, could get a result. What they will not get is a series of results against Super League Clubs if you get what I mean.

London only need to win their home games to get to the MPG (with a top 2 finish)

Having seen yesterday's game I think Barthau/Leatherbarrow is our best half back combination at this point. Api is gonna take time to settle and yesterday made some errors both in defence and with ball in hand which would've cost us dearly in the middle eights.

I'm hugely impressed by Leatherbarrow, he reminds me of Brough a few years ago when he was at Hull. He's got that control and composure you need from a half, he really kicked Sheffield to death and was the orchestrator of most of London's tries.

Having seen yesterday's game I think Barthau/Leatherbarrow is our best half back combination at this point. Api is gonna take time to settle and yesterday made some errors both in defence and with ball in hand which would've cost us dearly in the middle eights.

I'm hugely impressed by Leatherbarrow, he reminds me of Brough a few years ago when he was at Hull. He's got that control and composure you need from a half, he really kicked Sheffield to death and was the orchestrator of most of London's tries.

Agree - Scott has exceeded my expectations BUT could he unpick the lock of a SL defence ? I am not convinced.

Archived