30 Jun: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we've been terrible, but every question we've asked has been answered. It's amazing to think where they are in the table, because this is the best side we've come up against for several weeks.

Sarcasm?  Hull haven't even got off the bus.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Psychologically I think Hull of turned out with a win in their heads.

Conversely Huddersfield have gone for instinct and survival.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Never a knock on.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Sarcasm? Hull haven't even got off the bus.

r

Not at all. Hull weren't good by any stretch of the imagination, but we've won games this season having played no better than that. I think Huddersfield deserve a lot of credit for an excellent defensive performance.

The defeat isn't necessarily a bad thing for Hull in the long run. We stay top regardless, and it just hits home that we have achieved nothing yet. We can now just wipe the slate clean and go again.

Great effort from the Giants. They read everything that FC tried to put on. The best team we have ever seen next to bottom.

(Wasn't Manfredi's try actually the right decision by virtue of downward pressure from his shoulder?)

Huddersfield have kicked long and kicked early, turning Hulls big pack and backs around time and time again. Far from being worn down by Hulls size and physicality, Andy Kelly has used it against them to win the energy battle. Huddersfield finished the game with a fairly light and mobile pack thereby snuffing out any chance of Hull sneaking back into it with catch up football.

Well done Andy Kelly, Chris Thorman and Huddersfield Giants.

Psychologically I think Hull of turned out with a win in their heads.

Conversely Huddersfield have gone for instinct and survival.

There might have been an element of complacency but the difference in energy levels was obvious. The two day difference in turnaround should never be underestimated in a sport as physical as rugby league.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I think Omega had it right. I think that they not only had the big FC men spending a lot of time bringing out from deep but that would not have carried the day had they not read what was being thrown at them so well. Kelly thanked Thorman - I am sure a lot of other future opponents will take a close look.

Connor making sure that HFC don't regret their purchase in the long term.

In the short term, however, they might have wanted him dropped for the night!

Absolutely outstanding performance by him. I seem to remember Huddersfield's chief exec saying they'd made him the best contract offer they'd ever made to a player of his age. I can see why.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The evening as I see it - Hull good, but not on top form, and Huddersfield on their way back to what they are capable of.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Attendance given as just over 4000! The top team in the league v a team fighting to stay in SL.

What happened to the Hull away following with free transport on offer? Or were they the crowd?

Do the people of Huddersfield deserve a SL team? What was the original franchise criteria? 10,000 crowds?

While Rome burns the RFL fiddle. Something must be done. Do Huddersfield need to find a more appropriate ground?

Attendance given as just over 4000! The top team in the league v a team fighting to stay in SL.

What happened to the Hull away following with free transport on offer? Or were they the crowd?

Do the people of Huddersfield deserve a SL team? What was the original franchise criteria? 10,000 crowds?

While Rome burns the RFL fiddle. Something must be done. Do Huddersfield need to find a more appropriate ground?

Looked like maybe 1000 from Hull. Thursday nights obviously kill crowds, but it's still very poor regardless.

Hmmph!

Extremely disappointing perfomance from us but credit to Hudds, their defence shut out almost all that was asked of it, not that it was tested to much of an extreme.

Sneyd had a poor game, esp his tactical kicking. Thought we'd be better organised with Pryce starting but it wasn't to be, maybe he'd have been better with more game time in the last few weeks?

Still thought we might sneak it with 20 mins left but we didn't offer much of a threat, then that try killed us off, right under the touch judge's nose, what exactly do they have to do to earn their corn these days?

Thought both teams suffered from poor decisions, the Murphy "knock on" being another bad one. Still, you just have to get on with it and hope it balances out in the end I suppose.

My lot looked a long way off top of the table material and we're on telly at home to Leeds a week tonight.

Why do I get this feeling that's another game when we'll come second, the only chance anybody has of doing the double over us this year.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A lack of discipline could cost Hull their season,then ofcourse,they will blame a referee rather than their players.Hope they sort out their discipline problems.

Not sure where you're coming from with that?

Has anybody connected with the Hull club said anything to this extent about last night's game?

Giants by 10 - no Brough mis firing and that really poor half back Ellis and Wood take the line on and have a laugh, running rings around the Tank chap!

Not bad.

Good win for the Giants bit too little too late?

Thought Hull would have probably done better if their mercurial scrum half Marc sneyd had played. But not complaining :)

Yes.

Almost certainly a bit too late.

Good to see Hudds win in wet weather conditions for a change.

Archived