York to Fold?

Didn't York City owner Jason McGill suggest he would be interested, and that for much less than he puts into the football team, could make York a SL team? Over to you Jason?

"J M Packaging cannot keep funding YCFC year on year just to survive"

It would seem not, he won't fund the soccer club regardless, so what price a game alien to him, that will churn up his pitch?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently there are new owners queuing up. It's just that Guildford has been stubborn in releasing the club - like he's been stubborn with the Football Club & Council

I've read soundbites that several clubs offered their grounds to York for use to see out the season. They even used Heworth ARLFC in recent times when they had similar options. It looks like none of those options have been explored by Guildford - It looks like he's used this fixture problem to close down the club - was this his goal all along?

Yeah there are, Parky talking nonsense as usual. Hopefully they will strike a deal to play at the new stadium too. I'd imagine common sense would prevail

Best wishes to York City Knights. I sincerely hope that the club survives and they find a ground st see out the season.

Believe they have links through a DR deal

Yeah DR ended last season but it seems some solidarity between the clubs has remained as I understand Cas are quite keen to help and have looked at how else they could assist, including speaking to other clubs and the RFL regards the future of York.

McGill did a big interview where he seemed very interested in the option of getting involved in RL, so not necessarily alien to him. In fact he really stressed his families background in the game. But if his view on York Ciy can change, so can his view on RL

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/blogpost_778-lrl-exclusive-an-interview-with-jason-mcgill.html

Parky talking nonsense as usual.

And it must be true as you get a tick from LeeF :tongue:

Cut out the nonsense lads, don't be keyboard warriors and as for talking nonsense Double D I've set out a civilised reply on your assertion that the RFL are in charge of Superleague and they can make the clubs do as they wish.

Back to the OP and I never said there were not owners queuing up to take York over, I just asked who they were. Who are they please?

Believe they have links through a DR deal

Several clubs have offered and its irrelevant. Guildford is using the ground problems to attack the Council to carry on this vendetta. He wants the club to fold. They could still play Bootham Crescent if they wanted. The ground issue seems like smoke and mirrors. 

Sad sad day. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

its not over yet, the rfl and york football club trying to sort it all out, statement on rfl site...

Also here - http://www.totalrl.com/york-city-knights-could-still-be-saved-as-city-of-york-council-release-joint-statement/

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

And it must be true as you get a tick from LeeF :tongue:

Cut out the nonsense lads, don't be keyboard warriors and as for talking nonsense Double D I've set out a civilised reply on your assertion that the RFL are in charge of Superleague and they can make the clubs do as they wish.

Back to the OP and I never said there were not owners queuing up to take York over, I just asked who they were. Who are they please?

Keyboard Warrior? No I would tell you face to face that you make things up

Your earlier post was nonsense

It seems the RFL, the soccer club and council are on the same page. The odd one out!?

It does make you wonder if the decision made was just as an excuse and at the most inconvenient time for everyone. I assume the license defaults back to the RFL and they and the other clubs can agree to assign to whoever wants to carry on.

2 problems however. Who owns the name? And would the other clubs accept a "new" club finishing the season?

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Very sorry to see York have folded. While a simplistic point to make but surely RL needs a base in York so hope something can be sorted out.

York have got a big fight on their hands to rebuild. But the die has been cast and if the bumptious nitwit who dragged them down is finally and completely severed from the club, then the good work can start.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm not worried. York will survive.   There are enough stakeholders to bring them through, and the language used is determined and committed ..... RFL / YCC / Fans / Coach and players

Ridiculous to see a club who only a few weeks ago were in a final coming to this and find it even sadder that it seems that its demise and the pain its caused its players staff and speccies  seems to be related to the actions of one man ...

On a practical level , if YCK do fail to complete the season I've seen a plenty suggestions on here and on social media regarding the impact of the the Super 8s , and specifically the financial issues it may cause other clubs who could lose valuable revenue that they had planned with the loss of a home fixture .

An obvious and practical answer would be to being in Newcastle who finished 9th , but its to be hoped that if this is the case that the 'problem' isn't just moved further down the pecking order and that those clubs struggling in the lower half of Champ 1 are forced into losing fixtures .With only six teams left in the Shield surely the answer would be to randomly draw a week of three fixtures to make up for the loss of the Thunder fixture .

Sorry if this sounds brutal to be be discussing this while the Knights may still be not quite 'dead but still critical 'but the RFL needs to act quickly to ensure that the fall out does not seriously affect other clubs in League 1 

Ridiculous to see a club who only a few weeks ago were in a final coming to this and find it even sadder that it seems that its demise and the pain its caused its players staff and speccies  seems to be related to the actions of one man ...

On a practical level , if YCK do fail to complete the season I've seen a plenty suggestions on here and on social media regarding the impact of the the Super 8s , and specifically the financial issues it may cause other clubs who could lose valuable revenue that they had planned with the loss of a home fixture .

An obvious and practical answer would be to being in Newcastle who finished 9th , but its to be hoped that if this is the case that the 'problem' isn't just moved further down the pecking order and that those clubs struggling in the lower half of Champ 1 are forced into losing fixtures .With only six teams left in the Shield surely the answer would be to randomly draw a week of three fixtures to make up for the loss of the Thunder fixture .

Sorry if this sounds brutal to be be discussing this while the Knights may still be not quite 'dead but still critical 'but the RFL needs to act quickly, and make some decision with the opening fixtures taking place this weekend , to ensure that the fall out does not seriously affect other clubs in League 1 

Archived