Batley v Fev

Batley Bob

12 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

Think we flattered to decieve last week.

Some players living on last years reputation i think and we've given far far too many needless penalties away and too much dropped ball.

If we manage top six this year I will be elated.

We really shouldn't be shipping 30 points at home.

Pretty woeful performance to be honest.......

Even as dire as we are

We ain't shipped in 30 points at home all season

Yet ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can safely say that was awful too much one out rugby no idea near the opponents line and if thats the best weve got its gonna be along season. I also think weve got the forwards wrong brown n lillycrop coming off the bench last season caused a lot more problems and i think maher is just another keegan hurst plenty of size but looked cumbersome

52 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Easy Easy Easy.   Whos the Daddy!!!!!!

more like who's the d ick ?

or did you forecast pre match ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 minutes ago, RPH said:

more like are you a d ick ?

or did you post pre match ?

Look we were the better side today accept it.You had more money to spend than us from last season but you have spent it on sh. Ite.Suggest you spend whats left on flattening your slope to give visiting sides an equal chance to participate.UTR

15 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Look we were the better side today accept it.You had more money to spend than us from last season but you have spent it on sh. Ite.Suggest you spend whats left on flattening your slope to give visiting sides an equal chance to participate.UTR

Step back pikey lad.... this post does not reflect well on you.... or fev.....

Easy owd cock.... chill

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Step back pikey lad.... this post does not reflect well on you.... or fev.....

Easy owd cock.... chill

Fair enough Robin I was Hyper after the match and dont mean any disrespect to Batley but after all the imput saying Batley would win all week I needed to give some back.

Agreed Fev where the best side today after the first 12/13 min's when Batley failed to get over the line.

Once Fev where put on a team warning they started playing rugby.

Batley will get it right so I'm not worrying.

Cheers Roger.

It appears at this early stage of the season mr.Diskin is going down the route of Glen Morrison in blaming the 'system' he has introduced and the players not adhering to it....or thats how it sounded to me on Radio Leeds.

Maybe.

maybe not.

But we looked pretty ineffective and clueless in attack and confused in defence at times.

Hope the 'system' is 'taken on board' by the players soon.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

17 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

It appears at this early stage of the season mr.Diskin is going down the route of Glen Morrison in blaming the 'system' he has introduced and the players not adhering to it....or thats how it sounded to me on Radio Leeds.

Maybe.

maybe not.

But we looked pretty ineffective and clueless in attack and confused in defence at times.

Yet, no doubt last week the same 'system' worked....

I thought Fev were very good today and just like the our last encounter at the end of the regular season Sharp seems to know how to frustrate and null our options to the extent we looked clueless! Never dominated the ruck and Fev forced into the one man stuff! How many times were Dom caught in possession compared to Thacks? He had all the time in the world to weave his magic. I thought we gave plenty of effort but they were just too good for us today thankfully  the season lasts longer than that.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

fev were very good today and fully deserved the victory.must say though i am very disappointed with batleys performance after a barnstorming opening 10 mins to finish up losing 32-6 is hard to fathom. if we are to  have any hope of replicating last years top four finish we need to start a winning run very quickly.

36 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Agreed Fev where the best side today after the first 12/13 min's when Batley failed to get over the line.

Once Fev where put on a team warning they started playing rugby.

Batley will get it right so I'm not worrying.

Cheers Roger.

Can someone clarify the team warning rule please. Fev given a team warning and a few minutes later Batley awarded a penalty.  Why didn't referee apply the team warning. ??

Didn't affect anything as we got what we deserved....nothing.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

41 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

Maybe.

maybe not.

So Batley have lost two games already, and dreams that we might carry on in this season as we finished last year don’t seem to be on anymore. But were they ever on from the beginning, or was it just wishful thinking from the start?

At the end of last season we lost our iconic coach John Kear to Wakefield – a man who is a legend in his own right, a man with experience of coaching that stretches back to 1992, a man who has won the Challenge Cup against the odds. But even John had a few hard years at Batley before success set in. It is not that long ago that certain factions in Batley were baying for his blood.

We have swapped this icon for Matt Diskin, a well known character in the Rugby League world yes, a character who has seen success as a player, but one who has no experience in coaching. He has taken over a settled team, but a team that was set in the John Kear ways, playing a conservative Rugby League. Matt wants to change this and play a more expansive, attractive form of Rugby.

And we expect all this to happen overnight?

I fear not. Matt needs time to make these changes, the team needs time to understand what their coach wants. Anyone who has seen this before, whether it be in Rugby League, or in other sports such as football, will know that it takes time. The players are set in their ways, its never easy to change. Anyone who has ever changed their job knows that. But change they will. It may take a few months, but I believe that it will be ultimately worth the wait. So let’s give Matt Diskin the room to achieve the transition and not get on his back.

We owe him that much...

Referees discretion how long the team warning lasts - I think we earned a couple of pens in that period though before Batley got another

Anyway wed already had a bloke in the bin for a high tackle, yet Batley comitted the offence 3 times in the first half for worse high shots and also a tip tackle in the second yet never saw a card

Can that be explained?

Just now, elppaxr2i said:

Referees discretion how long the team warning lasts - I think we earned a couple of pens in that period though before Batley got another

Anyway wed already had a bloke in the bin for a high tackle, yet Batley comitted the offence 3 times in the first half for worse high shots and also a tip tackle in the second yet never saw a card

Can that be explained?

l thought your guy was sin bnned for striking our guy on the ground - not a high tackle.

Could be - Scott was clutching his neck then made a miraculous recovery once he saw the card hence thinking it was a high challenge

I thought he got the wrong man anyway thought it was Thacks who commited the offence

Either way can anyone explain why Batley got away with their misdemeanors?

2 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Could be - Scott was clutching his neck then made a miraculous recovery once he saw the card hence thinking it was a high challenge

I thought he got the wrong mananyway thought it was Thacks who commited the offence

No Thackeray pulled out of his kick at the ball that Scott collected bravely before Knowles thought he'd swing his arm in! Smeaton paided him back the rest of the game ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Fair enough Robin I was Hyper after the match and dont mean any disrespect to Batley but after all the imput saying Batley would win all week I needed to give some back.

you obviously haven't read the forum forecasts....id say a gracious 50/50

the whole point of your post was disrespect.....

.time for bed children.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived