01 Apr: SL: Leigh Centurions v Widnes Vikings KO 4pm

A must win for Leigh after last week's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, losing this week would be massive confidence blow for both the team and the fans.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I hope that Ridyard gets either a starting spot or at least a bench place, but somehow I think the coach prefers his forward oriented bench so it will be a starting place or left out again for me.

Reynolds has done an admirable job, he can cover the ground quicker than Ridyard, but Ridyard for mine is far far quicker between the ear holes and is a much more accurate passer of the ball and a better field kicker, Ridyard also links far better with a full back joining the line for the second phase attacking option.

After playing in the first game at Cas, Ridyard was said to not be fit, and albeit he has been named in about 3 of the pre match 19 man squads he has not featured in any game since (6), why as he not been sent out on loan to gain match fitness, anybody know the answer?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

46 minutes ago, GaryO said:

I hope that Ridyard gets either a starting spot or at least a bench place, but somehow I think the coach prefers his forward oriented bench so it will be a starting place or left out again for me.

Reynolds has done an admirable job, he can cover the ground quicker than Ridyard, but Ridyard for mine is far far quicker between the ear holes and is a much more accurate passer of the ball and a better field kicker, Ridyard also links far better with a full back joining the line for the second phase attacking option.

After playing in the first game at Cas, Ridyard was said to not be fit, and albeit he has been named in about 3 of the pre match 19 man squads he has not featured in any game since (6), why as he not been sent out on loan to gain match fitness, anybody know the answer?

You can only loan to a club that wants a Half Back for a couple of games , when on the other end of DR , we never took a HB 

Id expect Riddy to replace Drinkwater today , if we have anybody with an injury and a replacement available , use them , squad management this season is vital , nobody can play with a ' knock ' uneccessarily 

Riddy asked to go and get some game time, but they refused - didn't want to risk him?. Played 80 mins with broken ribs last year - I couldn't walk 80 mins with them never mind play rugby league. I hope he does get a game today, but he's obviously not been the preferred choice - here's hoping he has a good un and gives them a headache over future selections

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

1 hour ago, amm said:

Riddy asked to go and get some game time, but they refused - didn't want to risk him?. Played 80 mins with broken ribs last year - I couldn't walk 80 mins with them never mind play rugby league. I hope he does get a game today, but he's obviously not been the preferred choice - here's hoping he has a good un and gives them a headache over future selections

Yeah amm, as well as others have played I think that we have missed his influence in midfield, hope he plays and as you say he has a good un, unfortunatley will have to miss it, docs orders, had op on Wednesday and consigned indoors.

Leigh 12-18 down, and listening to the commentary that score is flattering Leigh, they are being completely outplayed.

BBC has it at 22 - 25 now. One more try and the win is Leigh's. Can't be much time left, though.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

24:25 with 4 minutes remaining, according to FlashScore.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Leigh 24:31 Widnes now, and all but over.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived