Jack Walker rejects 3 year deal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Leeds aren't the only club capable of developing his game.  He can do what he wants with his life/career.

I didn't know that was in dispute...social rugby media you are allowed an opinion, that's why we're all posting, giving our opinion.

32 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Leeds aren't the only club capable of developing his game.  He can do what he wants with his life/career.

I am sure other clubs can develop his game but that’s not my point.

What is fair to assume is the agent has given the player ‘options’ – shock horror!

The agent is all over social media saying he isn’t taking any money from Walker to the point that Walker is even defending the agent saying he is not paying him. IMO Walker and his parents haven’t clicked to the fact that the ‘options’ given to him will benefit the agent without a shadow of doubt.

This advice/options should then always be taken with a pinch of salt. They are biased because if the kid signs for Leeds the agent gets nothing, if he signs for xxx the agent gets a nice little earner. The kid is thinking the agent gets nothing either way.

My Rhinos logo may show I’m biased or even sour grapes, which I’m obviously disappointed, however does that make me wrong? No.

57 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I am sure other clubs can develop his game but that’s not my point.

What is fair to assume is the agent has given the player ‘options’ – shock horror!

The agent is all over social media saying he isn’t taking any money from Walker to the point that Walker is even defending the agent saying he is not paying him. IMO Walker and his parents haven’t clicked to the fact that the ‘options’ given to him will benefit the agent without a shadow of doubt.

This advice/options should then always be taken with a pinch of salt. They are biased because if the kid signs for Leeds the agent gets nothing, if he signs for xxx the agent gets a nice little earner. The kid is thinking the agent gets nothing either way.

My Rhinos logo may show I’m biased or even sour grapes, which I’m obviously disappointed, however does that make me wrong? No.

It's an agent's job to give a player options.  If players weren't entitled to enter the open market clubs like Leeds could pay them peanuts as they couldn't go anywhere.  It's a non story.  Good luck to the lad.  Leeds go on about how their players often accept lower contracts to stay in their club.  Which is great but now and again a player wont. Its not a cult, they can go if they want.

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I'd agree to an extent in that certain faces don't ever seem to 'fit' at Leeds under McDermott despite clear ability. Many are now plying their trade around SL and the Championship, indeed several are at Cas Tigers now!

Might that be more to do with salary cap and having a wealth of experienced players.  The salary cap is a constraint and part of its goal is to share out players around teams so that fewer teams can keep all the talent.

Players that have gone may well have gone on to be better players but at the decision time may well not have been as good as those kept. 

20 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Walker from what we have seen so far appears to have that quick change of direction and burst of speed and he looks like he has been playing 6 years not 6 games. That said I watched him against Hull and he only had maybe a dozen touches and coughed it up 2 or 3 times too. Finished article he is not.

I agree,

I think he's being hyped up a little too much - he's been safe under the high ball and grabbed a few tries but he's looked at bit lost in attack. Obviously only a kid so is constantly dominated in the tackle too.

Im sure if he continues to develop he'll become a top SL player but as it stands he's not ready for a number 1 shirt in any SL team in my opinion

40 minutes ago, binosh said:

Signed for Warrington.

Will Dagger gone from Warrington to Hull KR.

I wonder where that leaves Ratchford. Or has he actually gone for the money, rather than a guaranteed number 1 jersey? 

59 minutes ago, binosh said:

Will Dagger gone from Warrington to Hull KR.

Can join up with Will Oakes in the championship.  A pair who saw the greener grass.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

40 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I wonder where that leaves Ratchford. Or has he actually gone for the money, rather than a guaranteed number 1 jersey? 

If he's gone to Warrington,it's for the money.

Certainly not the number 1 jersey(two players in front of him in the que at least)

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Interestingly in an article last week in  Rugby Am , he claimed not to know where the Warrington rumours had come from.  Whilst he did say he wanted to play FB , he had no immediate goals and wanted to take each day as it came...Also said he loved Leeds so was a pity he did not work it out..seems from what read elsewhere his agent dictates thing. 

5 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

If he's gone to Warrington,it's for the money.

Certainly not the number 1 jersey(two players in front of him in the que at least)

Rumour mill saying there is going to be a big clear out at the Wolves between the end of the season and the start of next.

Make of that what you like, but i stress rumour.

17 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Rumour mill saying there is going to be a big clear out at the Wolves between the end of the season and the start of next.

Make of that what you like, but i stress rumour.

Not rumours, plenty have been confirmed as leaving, Simms, Gidley, Evans, Penny, Dwyer, Dagger, Savelio, and some of the high numbered squad players. 

3 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Not rumours, plenty have been confirmed as leaving, Simms, Gidley, Evans, Penny, Dwyer, Dagger, Savelio, and some of the high numbered squad players. 

Just now, The Future is League said:

There you go. That will get the Salary cap down.

Not Ratchford or Russell though?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Eddie making out he's committed some awful offence . Phil quite right , maybe he knows his own mind , thinks he's good enough to play and can do what he likes . 

Who's his agent, 

Archived