Why did we spend £10k......

fredm

14 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

In the middle of the bottom end behind the posts would probably be better for visibility  until it gets smashed by conversions

Isn't the Rams scoreboard behind the sticks on the owl lane end ?.....I take they don't lock it away at night ?....and it is not mobile ?..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, greavesy said:

One place that is not the best is it's present position where if you are in the seated area it is impossible to read. To me and a lot of others it has been a waste of money if used as it is at the moment.

To be fair it is only during the last couple of years that you have wanted to read the scoreboard. A return to the good old days would quash these complaints.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

To be fair it is only during the last couple of years that you have wanted to read the scoreboard. A return to the good old days would quash these complaints.

Not sure why scoreboards are so important, most fans know the score by adding multiples of 4, 2 and on a few occasions making it a bit more difficult you have to add a odd number 1. Everyone knows the score after the match but if not they can ask a fellow supporter or read it in the press.:rtfm:

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Here's a thought - leave the new scoreboard where it is and bring the old scoreboard back into use as well ! Mind you , you might have to give a youngster a couple of quid to keep the score up to date !!!

I know the old scoreboard doesn't have the time on it but why not just look at your watch !!!

Just imagine , little old Batley with two scoreboards !

7 minutes ago, nineoil said:

Here's a thought - leave the new scoreboard where it is and bring the old scoreboard back into use as well ! Mind you , you might have to give a youngster a couple of quid to keep the score up to date !!!

I know the old scoreboard doesn't have the time on it but why not just look at your watch !!!

Just imagine , little old Batley with two scoreboards !

Ridiculous post

Where in batley are you going to find 2 people who can count?? 

And don't say dewsbury 

As both of ours are busy on Sundays ;)

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Not sure why scoreboards are so important, most fans know the score by adding multiples of 4, 2 and on a few occasions making it a bit more difficult you have to add a odd number 1. Everyone knows the score after the match but if not they can ask a fellow supporter or read it in the press.:rtfm:

I use it for the time only.

...and I guess I could use my watch or phone for that.

To answer the original question. The RFL stipulated it as a requirement for championship clubs.. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well the numbered tiles are still and they had to use them either last season or this when the electronic one suddenly packed up during a match, ok so they only put just the scores up and not individual try, goals and drop goal totals.

• 1 month later...

Wow progress we have a functional reserve scoreboard and by the looks of it a reserve to the reserve scoreboard, how many other clubs can boast that.

You would TonyF if you where at the matches when the electronic scoreboard went down or didn't even start up, because we have got out of the habit of keeping track of the score.

I do keep track of the score and scorers as I am keeping the players stats.

In the bottom corner of what was the old long stand and where the bottom toilet was and where they put the old green scoreboard this last two years, I would imagine that the people in the old Kirkwood stand will struggle to view it as they do the electronic one.

To counter this why not put the old green scoreboard up in the top corner of the 9 ole.

Assuming that we now have 3 scoreboards available; put the electronic board on the lower long stand terrace on a ramp so it can be seen from the bottom terraces and nineoyl, short stand and top left corner, bring new scoreboard to where the electronic one is now for the top end stand to see and the old green board bottom corner on banking of nineoyl so in the sight of the long stand. Has anyone fiddled with the electronic board yet to make it the mine of information that it could be: teams for the day, scorer's name and his sponsor, updates on other scores affecting our position, displaying half time draw results and general advertising of club activities etc. We have the possibility of being one of the best advertising club in the league, giving a great matchday experience.

And why don’t they put it on top of the doghouse where the original one was meant to be?

and why not in the toilet so I can see it when I have a leak?

And why not suspend it from magic wires above the nine oil?

this thread is one of the funniest ever on this forum - and not much irony!

Yes I'm one of those unhappy fans who begrudge having to share a scoreboard with other fans, why in this high tech world cannot I not have my own personal one just for me? And while I'm at it do I have to share a stand with other people? Really I'm pretty sure it impacts my basic human rights!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

10 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yes I'm one of those unhappy fans who begrudge having to share a scoreboard with other fans, why in this high tech world cannot I not have my own personal one just for me? And while I'm at it do I have to share a stand with other people? Really I'm pretty sure it impacts my basic human rights!

It would do if you in anyway resembled a human being!!

14 hours ago, Dogstew said:

And why don’t they put it on top of the doghouse where the original one was meant to be?

and why not in the toilet so I can see it when I have a leak?

And why not suspend it from magic wires above the nine oil?

this thread is one of the funniest ever on this forum - and not much irony!

How much do sky hooks cost these days?

On 11/23/2017 at 9:51 PM, Piggy's mate said:

Another season of falling attendances and you might have a whole stand to yourself anyway. I'll wave to you from the GOR personal stand at the Tetleys. :shout:  

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived