Wakey to stay at Belle Vue, redevelopment plans

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

AFAIK Trinity are ok to play out of BV as long as there are plans to move into a new/upgraded stadium in the near futute. The caviate being the club are now on reduced central funding because of this. 

I didn't know that. What reasons have the RFL given for this ruling? It doesn't sound at all fair.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Think it's the other way round,  full planning of Newmarket development submitted starts of December look to have changed things.

Up the Trin 

I don't believe that is true. The developer was putting in for full planning, allegedly, but then played a wild card in the application that still stymies the council's ability to force the investment or development.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

AFAIK Trinity are ok to play out of BV as long as there are plans to move into a new/upgraded stadium in the near futute. The caviate being the club are now on reduced central funding because of this. 

Oh for heaven's sake!

I am no fan of Trinity, at all, after what has happened in the past.  But if this is true, and central funding has been cut, surely all that does is make matters far worse? We at Bradford know all about that!

Its like 18th century medicine - patient struggling, so lets weaken the patient even more!  If he dies, it is his own fault.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

42 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Oh for heaven's sake!

I am no fan of Trinity, at all, after what has happened in the past.  But if this is true, and central funding has been cut, surely all that does is make matters far worse? We at Bradford know all about that!

Its like 18th century medicine - patient struggling, so lets weaken the patient even more!  If he dies, it is his own fault.

It is a bizarre chain of thought, but I guess the RFL have to be seen to be taking some action against the clubs who are not meeting the minimum standards some how, otherwise there is no point having them.

48 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Oh for heaven's sake!

It's simple RFL logic.

In order to force a club to spend money on a ground they don't own and may not even be playing at the following year - take some money off them - simples!

1 hour ago, Wholly Trinity said:

It's simple RFL logic.

In order to force a club to spend money on a ground they don't own and may not even be playing at the following year - take some money off them - simples!

RFL Logic - punish those who are trying to make a go of it.  Welcome to our world!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

14 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

It's simple RFL logic.

I don’t know mate.  Isn’t their lease, or whatever it is, supposed to include some for of repair and maintenance?  I don’t know.  Genuine question.  

• 1 month later...

Just seen a promotional video elsewhere about a multimillion shopping development which will include a new stadium for Castleford . Wakey and Cas who'll get there first is uncertain

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Just seen a promotional video elsewhere about a multimillion shopping development which will include a new stadium for Castleford . Wakey and Cas who'll get there first is uncertain

Gotta love a promo video and an architect's drawing. They've generated 1000s of pages on here over the years ;)

"Axiom will be a constantly changing retail and leisure community that will be relevant to customers in an omni-experience world"

I think they pinched this line from Mick Morgan's new book.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

13 minutes ago, goldcoaster said:

Well I think there is little doubt it WILL happen. Timeline says ready for start of 2021 season. So 3 more years at Wheldon Rd, including this one.

Let's hope the planning permission timeline is stadium first and rest second. If it's the other way around then we could end up with some newmarket style fun and games.

1 hour ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

The rules not set for what will happen at the end of the season yet, cas and wakie both come up with plans for their grounds again?, anyone think there could have been a whisper of franchise been mentioned?

Deja Vu 

2 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

The rules not set for what will happen at the end of the season yet, cas and wakie both come up with plans for their grounds again?, anyone think there could have been a whisper of franchise been mentioned?

How does "Calder" sound?

Archived