• Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jacksy said:

You still do not understand the neutral referee stance of us brits then.

Tonga got a good rub of the green with two of their tries too.

I would not worry though because next week we wont get a neutral referee. 

If its all about the best referee as the aussies say then Bentham should get the gig. But it will go to Sutton lol 

So when a game that Australia plays in gets an English Ref and everyone here say they are Aussie lapdogs either intimidated by Cam Smith or want a gig in the NRL so they favour Australia....

Does that mean only Perenara can be the Ref?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Just now, Allora said:

So when a game that Australia plays in gets an English Ref and everyone here say they are Aussie lapdogs either intimidated by Cam Smith or want a gig in the NRL so they favour Australia....

What happens with English referees is that they are so imbued with our British sense of fair play that they bend over backwards in an attempt to be impartial. Aussie ref's just don't care about such niceties.

12 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

23843495_2039760239593631_23068733566152

Is that Matt Cecchin?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Trojan said:

You mean like Australia always do.  When you play Australia in Australia,  at anything, you have to accept that the officials (even non Aussie ones)  are going to give them every advantage possible.  Australians hate to lose.  They love to win and when they win they crow.  On the odd occasion they do lose they whinge and can usually find some reason unconnected with the way they played to blame.  Most non Aussies know this.

mmm yes, and they even like to whinge at us if we attempt to whinge.... they are huge whinges,  before a game, during a game and after a game.... at all the sports

13 minutes ago, redjonn said:

mmm yes, and they even like to whinge at us if we attempt to whinge.... they are huge whinges,  before a game, during a game and after a game.... at all the sports

You sound like a man that has seen too many loses 

46 minutes ago, Marv Woodburn said:

Seriously? what are they expecting to happen, the decision be over turned? The only mistake the referee made was not in referring it, which an on field 'no try' ruling there is no way that could have been given. Interesting to hear Archer has defended the referee and said it was the correct call

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Just now, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Seriously? what are they expecting to happen, the decision be over turned? The only mistake the referee made was not in referring it, which an on field 'no try' ruling there is no way that could have been given. Interesting to hear Archer has defended the referee and said it was the correct call

There's a petition being hawked around on various social media sites too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There's a petition being hawked around on various social media sites too.

It gets dafter, sport is not law, there is no appeals process against an officials decision during a game. I'm sure many feel genuinely hard done by but it people are honest with themselves they would see that they got a call go for then to get at least 1 try (possibly 2) and it would have been extremely difficult for the on field decision to be over turned.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, Allora said:

I only require a neutral ref. Who is not pressurised by the coach before the games. Is that too much to ask?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

11 minutes ago, jacksy said:

I only require a neutral ref. Who is not pressurised by the coach before the games. Is that too much to ask?

Who would that be?

2 hours ago, Marv Woodburn said:

That whole video is embarrassing. You lost, deal with it. Police confiscating flag poles, Jeez these people need more proper sporting events. Imagine them trying to police a millwall game. “We’ve just arrested everyone to be on the safe side”

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

24 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Yep. Looks like he and his family have been getting threats. Some people are doing their best undo the great image Tonga has built up in the last month or two.

Unfortunately all it takes is one or two idiots on the Internet though to get this bad publicity. This is especially when there is a media so hostile to all things Rugby League which will always look for the negatives.

43 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Yep. Looks like he and his family have been getting threats. Some people are doing their best undo the great image Tonga has built up in the last month or two.

Apparently, there have been some people trying to find his home address.

Sad.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived