Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Farmduck

Obituary Thread - 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/obituaries/arthur-mitchell-dead.html

Arthur Mitchell, dies at 84. The first Western black man to be internationally recognised as a star. Danced with the NY City Ballet for 12 years in the 50s/60s, latterly director of the hugely influential Dance Theatre of Harlem.

A pioneer who helped paved the way for so many others.

Edited by Denton Rovers RLFC

RIP Chas Hodges.

• Sad 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

RIP Chas Hodges.

Here he is in the Outlaws, on the right of the picture. Jerry Lee Lewis in the middle, Richie Blackmore second left.

DnvJ6HXWsAAITJS.jpg

• Like 5

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

@osvaldooardiles
21 hours ago
So so sad to hear of @ChasnHodges passing. Wonderful musician, wonderful man. Always generous, always smiling. Spurs trough and trough. Big Thanks for this marvellous song you gave us that will be always in our hearts. RIP my friend. Thoughts & prayers with his family and friends 

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

john cunliffe 85 - rosie and jim- postman pat etc etc

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

On 9/23/2018 at 12:00 PM, Futtocks said:

@osvaldooardiles
21 hours ago
So so sad to hear of @ChasnHodges passing. Wonderful musician, wonderful man. Always generous, always smiling. Spurs trough and trough. Big Thanks for this marvellous song you gave us that will be always in our hearts. RIP my friend. Thoughts & prayers with his family and friends 

Little bit of dust in my eye at that one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 9/23/2018 at 1:41 AM, Futtocks said:

Here he is in the Outlaws, on the right of the picture. Jerry Lee Lewis in the middle, Richie Blackmore second left.

DnvJ6HXWsAAITJS.jpg

Ey up Futtocks - you may have already heard it as I think you're a fan of his work, but there was a great Danny Baker show a few years back with Chas Hodges talking about his session musician years and with some live performance in the studio. It was a smashing listen.

It's not a question of coming down to earth, Mr Duxbury. Some of us, Mr Duxbury, belong in the stars.

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

Ey up Futtocks - you may have already heard it as I think you're a fan of his work, but there was a great Danny Baker show a few years back with Chas Hodges talking about his session musician years and with some live performance in the studio. It was a smashing listen.

I remember it, more or less. Chas was one of those guys, like Rick Wakeman, whose name appears in so many unexpected places when it comes to record credits.

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I remember it, more or less. Chas was one of those guys, like Rick Wakeman, whose name appears in so many unexpected places when it comes to record credits.

Pretty sure he was actually the guitarist who was sampled on the Eminem record 'My Name Is...'

Which IIRC was sampled from a Labi Siffre song he played on.

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Pretty sure he was actually the guitarist who was sampled on the Eminem record 'My Name Is...'

Which IIRC was sampled from a Labi Siffre song he played on.

Yes, he was one of the guitarists on that song, along with session legend Big Jim Sullivan. Dave on bass.

• Thanks 1

Otis Rush.

34 minutes ago, Cherry and White said:

Geoffrey Hayes R.I.P

Very sad . Generations grew up with Geoffrey 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cherry and White said:

Geoffrey Hayes R.I.P

he would have made a great prime minister with bungle zippy George rod jane and freddy as his cabinet- always the diplomat in the rainbow house, if only all world conflicts could be solved with a "story about being selfish"  thanks for the entertainment -loved rainbow

• Like 2

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

RIP Carlos Ezquerra, co creator and artist of Judge Dread.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

33 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

RIP Carlos Ezquerra, co creator and artist of Judge Dread.  

That's Dredd to you perp.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

That's Dredd to you perp.

I am so disappointed in myself. ?

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

I am so disappointed in myself. ?

Were you distracted by some Umpty Candy or were you looking forward to spending some time encased in Boing® ?

16 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

he would have made a great prime minister with bungle zippy George rod jane and freddy as his cabinet- always the diplomat in the rainbow house, if only all world conflicts could be solved with a "story about being selfish"  thanks for the entertainment -loved rainbow

Bungle has been in the cabinet and he, er, bungled it.

Sorry.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.