Andy Burnham

1 minute ago, iangidds said:

Does Andy have an RFL email address that I could write on him on? Could see nothing on RFL website

is there one as Mayor of Manchester you can write to him like there is for MPs? though i would guess these would go through someone to filter. 

If i were the RFL i wouldnt publish individual's email addresses.. look at the vitriol on this board would you want your email address published to have keyboard warriors send you personally the type of stuff they write on here?

beginning of January last year someone asked him a question on twitter, he replied with the best email to contact him on (which was his mps one so doubt that still works) but he may well respond with a good email address if you ask nicely with what it is about.. 

i found it as the 3rd link on google after googling "Andy Burnham contact" if you want to have a look..

28 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Guys....being president of the rfl,or whatever Andy is?,is purely ceremonial...he has as much clout as prince Harry does

since we don't actually know what Iangidds is expecting or asking of him, that's a bit harsh.

27 minutes ago, JohnM said:

since we don't actually know what Iangidds is expecting or asking of him, that's a bit harsh.

Think your right, if it was purely an RL matter I could understand the comment;  it is far more than that

15 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Think your right, if it was purely an RL matter I could understand the comment;  it is far more than that

i would guess though that with the start date for the appointment that you would probably be better advised going through his Manchester Mayoral office than the RFL to make sure he gets it. 

3 hours ago, iangidds said:

Does Andy have an RFL email address that I could write on him on? Could see nothing on RFL website

If you can't find a solid lead, look for anyone's e-mail address at the RFL, follow the same name convention, change for him and send it off and see if it bounces back!  #stalkermode

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

is it me or do andy burnham and paul Cullen have exactly the same voice and mannerisms down to a tee?

Paul.  Is a lot.  More,  Staccato.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

4 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Seriously ask him if he can get Rugby League played in every school in Manchester why your at it.

and Liverpool while you are at it 

Also ask him how much time he intends devoting to this role as being the Mayor of Manc must already take up most of it

Have a cynical view that a politican will simply add to the RFL expense account and free lunch bill. Saying that he is high profile, gets plenty of air time and local so who knows. Will watch with interest. 

4 hours ago, headtackle said:

and Liverpool while you are at it 

Also ask him how much time he intends devoting to this role as being the Mayor of Manc must already take up most of it

Have a cynical view that a politican will simply add to the RFL expense account and free lunch bill. Saying that he is high profile, gets plenty of air time and local so who knows. Will watch with interest. 

Mate his son plays our game and we need people like him on our side.

I think he's s decent human being and deserves better than your cynical comment.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

So a simple question that gets a simple answer degenerates into a slagging off of the Mayor and Prince Harry. "Sigh"

Yes, it's the easiest thing in the world to be a cynical keyboard warrior.

If you want an example of Andy Burnham's contributions, watch his speech at Anfield on the 20th Anniversary of Hillsborough - an uncomfortable watch.

Then watch and listen to his Anfield speech on the 25th Anniversary, after he had delivered on his promise to support the 'Justice for the '96'. It may bring a tear, but I would challenge anyone to suggest that this politician didn't care.

No complaints from me with Andy Burnham as a figurehead for the game.

11 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Seriously ask him if he can get Rugby League played in every school in Manchester why your at it.

For a start he isn't responsible for any school in Gtr Manchester  so  I doubt that is possible!

You can call his office on 01617787000 if you want someone to explain why.

Archived