Toronto (Merged threads)

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

What’s wrong with being called deluded?

Nothing whatsoever. When it is self-applied, and therefore must be factually correct...? ?

EDIT: Of course, it is always possible that you are deluded in thinking you are deluded?  Or even that we are deluded in thinking you are deluded in thinking you are deluded? Or maybe it is just me that is deluded in thinking others are deluded in thinking you are deluded in thinking you are deluded? Maybe everyone is sometime allowed to be deluded for 15 minutes, as well as famous?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Adeybull said:

I don’t have an issue with people expressing differing opinions; indeed it is often only by reading other POV that you learn things, or realise you need to revisit your own opinion? Albeit sometimes it can be very hard going! All I ask is that folk do others the common courtesy of engaging in civilised debate, and not feel the need to resort to insult and derision.

That's fair enough.

And by the way, I note that your troll spray appears to be in Leeds Rhino colours, I suppose other teams/colours are available.

27 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

And by the way, I note that you troll spray appears to be in Leeds Rhino colours, I suppose other teams/colours are available.

Must admit, had never thought of that! In fairness, in recent times I recall seeing few trolls purporting to be "Leeds".  Indeed, the incidence of trolling seems to me to often be in inverse proportion to the size and success of the club they purport to support?

For the avoidance of doubt...I am sure other colours are available.  And I am sure someone more clued up than me on photoshop could adapt the image to suit!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

53 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

That's fair enough.

And by the way, I note that you troll spray appears to be in Leeds Rhino colours, I suppose other teams/colours are available.

Certainly not.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then this would just become a back slapping flag waving site Wellsy, perhaps there should be a 'sanitised' sub forum set up where no one is allowed to question or have an opinion about any matters concerning the TWP. 

You know what they say about 'variety' well I much prefer that than being monotoned, if you don't want to hear other opinions talk to the "man in the mirror".

It's not the fact he has another opinion at all. It's the fact he's so rude, often purposefully taking an opposite stance just to get a rise out of others.

I love reading opposing opinions. I don't like reading people insulting people and patronising people... constantly... for no reason... and then the dozens of responses after that clog up the message board.

There's a huge difference between "back slapping flag waving" and just being a decent human being with a difference of opinion that doesn't feel the need to insult others that don't agree with them.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Adeybull said:

I don’t have an issue with people expressing differing opinions; indeed it is often only by reading other POV that you learn things, or realise you need to revisit your own opinion? Albeit sometimes it can be very hard going! All I ask is that folk do others the common courtesy of engaging in civilised debate, and not feel the need to resort to insult and derision.

Exactly. His stance on things, his style of arguing and his insults only lead me to believe that he does it for a response because he never adjusts his argument when there have been clear flaws. A reasonable person would (not necessarily changing their view, but at least adapting their argument). He doesn't. He keeps it the same to get responses.

In all for debate. I love it in fact. He doesn't debate though, which is a shame because he used to and there was a time he was actually very good at it. One day I think he just got bored of it and resorted into the guy we know today. I'd happily debate him if he cut the nonsense.

1 hour ago, Manxmanc said:

That's fair enough.

I'm guessing it's just a can of WD40! I can't think of a spray available in shops with (for example) Bulls colours on!

I suppose Lynx Africa would work for Souths?

1 hour ago, Michael Gledhill said:

RFL interim chief executive Ralph Rimmer talks to Bulls Live. 

"You'd be laid on the floor if I was to tell you what new teams had phoned up and asked to be put in League One next year. The arrival of @TOwolfpack has stimulated a lot of interest in RL."

https://t.co/JdwZmMb7w2

Does that suggest teams outside of those reported and rumoured have enquired?

We've had New York, Boston, Hamilton, Manchester, Bristol... Have we had applications from French teams or other places in Britain I wonder?

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We've had New York, Boston, Hamilton, Manchester, Bristol... Have we had applications from French teams or other places in Britain I wonder?

Sounds like the applicants for the staging of the Summer Olympics or the FIFA WC, where as we know there can only be one, for sanitys sake, I hope the award has already taken place and Toronto were the chosen one for at least the same period of 4 years between the elections to properly evaluate the process. 

29 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Jacksonville, Florida is the latest one. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then this would just become a back slapping flag waving site Wellsy, perhaps there should be a 'sanitised' sub forum set up where no one is allowed to question or have an opinion about any matters concerning the TWP. 

You know what they say about 'variety' well I much prefer that than being monotoned, if you don't want to hear other opinions talk to the "man in the mirror".

You're Parky's brother aren't you, go admit it! :girlwerewolf:

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

RFL interim chief executive Ralph Rimmer talks to Bulls Live. 

"You'd be laid on the floor if I was to tell you what new teams had phoned up and asked to be put in League One next year. The arrival of @TOwolfpack has stimulated a lot of interest in RL."

https://t.co/JdwZmMb7w2

I know game calling is lucrative, but wearing your money belt during an avatar photo shoot was a little OTT Mick.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is the reason I dont believe in the ignore system.

4 minutes ago, damp squib said:

What variety is there in reading the same multi-paragraph rant copied and pasted into every thread?

Im not saying people shouldnt choose to roll their eyes and skim past if it suits, but i think the majority of posters have something interesting to say even if they are in a completely different place to me.

It is also funny to see the latest position, as they do go full circle quite often.

I suppose it depends who is manning his profile that shift.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sounds like the applicants for the staging of the Summer Olympics or the FIFA WC, where as we know there can only be one, for sanitys sake, I hope the award has already taken place and Toronto were the chosen one for at least the same period of 4 years between the elections to properly evaluate the process. 

Harry I will only observe that I feel, if I understand this remark correctly, that it is beneath you.  Unless the sarcasm was in fact intended as light humour and not a dig.

BTW, probably Toronto would be a good choice for the Olympics from a safety point of view, but I can tell you most Torontonians would not have any desire whatsoever to host the Olympics - its a bottomless money pit and an upheaval that almost no city recovers, as well as leaving behind a ton of useless infrastructure.  Now were the Olympic committee to pony up the money instead of hoarding it for directors wine and cheese parties it might be a different story.

In many of the endless arguments in Toronto threads last year a number of us (both Canadian and contributors from elsewhere incl the UK) speculated that there could be very significant interest from other North American centres.  I floated Boston, Chicago, Philly, Ottawa and others pulled many other cities out of the hat.  Ralph's remarks have me thinking they got a flood of interest, and from more candidates then any of us floated out.

I know this will be the worst nightmare for a few.  I would state again that I love the idea of such growth but I agree with the naysayers it has to be managed.  But overall my mind says that a North American component to the RL is all but a foregone conclusion at this point.  Yes it may be years away, but the writing is on the wall I feel (that is purely a personal opinion) and in the long run, it is so exciting!

Lets leave the talent issue alone for a moment and not pollute this thread any further as we have really digressed from "Toronto".  Someone should start a thread, where we really have a go at cataloging what is where, who is doing what, and what potential new avenues for talent exist, and what are the barriers, without the discussion devolving again.

On topic to Toronto, the outing with Bradford, for being the first for them of the season, was I think a good shakeout.  They have some issues to work out, but looked stronger then I thought.  They are already perhaps a better club with the 2 new signings vs the 3 they lost.

Time to peruse the threads and read about what has happened in the games and at club level....

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Im not saying people shouldnt choose to roll their eyes and skim past if it suits, but i think the majority of posters have something interesting to say even if they are in a completely different place to me.

It is also funny to see the latest position, as they do go full circle quite often.

I suppose it depends who is manning his profile that shift.

I appreciate the principle in theory, but before the mass ignore of Parky this place was becoming unreadable. I had never used the ignore function before and haven't used it again but it was genuinely the only thing that stopped me giving up the forum. 

Archived