Bradford Game

paul

Really conflicted for this one..Bradford (Shipley) born but lived in York as a youngster...

either way here's to a cracking game and a good crowd....enjoy everybody!

6 hours ago, Barrybeagle said:

Attendance predictions ?? Is 4000 too ambitious thoughts anybody ? 

No,  with both clubs progressive marketing and massive sleeping fanbase 4000+ is well within reach. 

Up the kneets???

For everyone asking, this is the info I've been given - I'm sure the club will put out some more matchday information nearer the time:

Eventbrite will not be collected on the day. There will be a ticket only turnstile for each stand which will accept both Eventbrite & paper tickets only.

• 2 weeks later...

Just lookin thru the stats for today's bulls v cougars match,  it finished 28:20, and seems to have been an edgy match with a couple of punch ups, bulls got a player sent off and 1 binned, while cougars had 1 red also, a fair few handling errors from the bulls, and they got several penalties awarded in their favour for holding down, the bulls benifitted from a 19:6 penalty count in the end.

The Knights need to keep their heads next week, it's gonna be a cracker! We can win this!

Both teams each had 2 players sent off. Ryan and Minchella for the Bulls and Tahraoui and Wright for Cougars. Tahraoui was initially given a yellow after taking part in a mass brawl then given a red after going back for more. Hawkyard was also given a yellow and the game ended 11 a side. Don't know if any imminent suspensions etc are carried over to the  league campaign.

Normal behavior resumed by Keighley, can't comment on the bulls yet.

Hopefully our hard work and skill will continue as of the last couple of years without having to resort to thuggish tactics other teams employ when things don't go their way.

Up the skillful kneets.???.

24 minutes ago, JonT said:

Big difference between pre-season and a league campaign though. 

Agree there but would have thought a local derby and the last chance to have a look at their team before they come to us would have stirred a few more from the fire? but should they bring 1200 Sunday would make a great gate for a potential great game 

come ye Kneets

Likewise anywhere between 3,000 and 3,500 would be fantastic.

I think we need to put the Toronto game into context though - it was a nice summer day, York were in good form, Toronto were undefeated but looked to have a few growing weaknesses, and a transatlantic game has a bit more of a buzz factor and is easier to sell.

Bradford on a cold February afternoon, where we don't know how either team will fare isn't quite the same draw but Bradfords away following (I remember when they used to bring 4-5K to Cas!) should ensure a big crowd. I'll go for 3205. :clapping:

Archived