11 Feb - Betfred Championship Round 2 - Match Thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I don't think there are many hard-to-get-a-result  grounds these days. The main factor in such places in the pre-Superleague era was the threatening behaviour of home supporters. Thankfully, it's pretty civilised at most places these days.

Post Office Road, the Boulevard and the Willows were horrible places to go to. Considering we have always been big rivals, games against Leeds were usually watched with mutual good humour. Same with games against Fax and Wakefield. Warrington fans had a bad reputation, but we never had any bother there.

One thing Duffy has said at Featherstone is the lack of aggression on and off the field. He said he always hated coming to Fev as a player but thinks that has been lost recently but he wants to get it back. To be honest I think he has a point nothing wrong with a hostile environment and a tough team.

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm (TV) Toronto by 38
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm London by 18
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm Fev by 12
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm Fax by 12
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm Leigh by 32
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm Swinton by 10

19 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's games here.

SUNDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2018
Betfred Championship

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm (TV)
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm

Toronto by 40

London by 6

Fev by 4

Fax by 6

Leigh by 20

Swinton by 8

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm - Toronto by 36
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm - London by 10
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm - Fev by 6
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm - Halifax by 12
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm - Leigh by 18
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm - Swinton by 6

Haven't seen many of these teams play but I'll take a guess. I wouldn't want to be playing Leigh this week. 

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm - Toronto by 28
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm - London by 16
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm - Toulouse by 4
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm - Halifax by 10
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm - Leigh by 28
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm - Rochdale by 2

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm - Toronto by 30
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm - London by 14
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm - Fev by 4
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm - Halifax by 16
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm - Leigh by 34
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm - Swinton by 4

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm - Toronto by 28
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm - London by 6
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm - TO by 2
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm - Halifax by 20
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm - Leigh by 28
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm - Rochdale by 12

On 06/02/2018 at 4:57 PM, Krzzystuff said:

I have heard that Batley away is a hard game, was that their big loss for Leigh two years ago  for the season opener? Are there any other grounds knows to be difficult places to get a result from?

The slope at Batley is a big factor, it really has to be seen from the bottom end to be believed, and it would be a bit of an advantage to play regularly there. It's a great ground though, full of character and for me the slope adds to the interest. Also, Batley's strength in recent years has been in their forwards and especially on a cold, wet day in February and March it's not an easy place to go.

Fev's ground also has a slope though that was reduced a few years ago and in my opinion it's not nearly as big a factor as the one at Batley is.

Cumbrian teams have traditionally been tough places to visit for the supposed "top teams" especially in inclement weather, though all three teams have had their struggles in recent years.

On 06/02/2018 at 12:07 PM, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's games here.

SUNDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2018
Betfred Championship

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm (TV)
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets KO 3pm

Toronto by 24

London by 12

Toulouse by 6

Sheffield by 18

Leigh by 12

Rochdale by 6

On 06/02/2018 at 4:57 PM, Krzzystuff said:

I have heard that Batley away is a hard game, was that their big loss for Leigh two years ago  for the season opener? Are there any other grounds knows to be difficult places to get a result from?

As others have said, Batley's slope has to be seen to be believed and if it's raining/snowing/windy it's one hell of an inhospitable place.

That said, it's by some distance my favourite away game. Great atmosphere, tidy stadium and the best pies in Rugby League.  

Fev v Toulouse is the game of the round and could go either way. Difficult to call at this early stage of the season and I expect these two to be battling it out for 3rd. Think Fev might have the edge in a close one. I think there might be an early shock at one of the other games, maybe Dewsbury.

Barrow Raiders v Toronto Wolfpack - 24
Dewsbury Rams v London Broncos - 2 
Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique - 8
Halifax v Sheffield Eagles - 18
Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs - 36 
Swinton Lions v Rochdale Hornets - 4

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

11 minutes ago, Fabou said:

dont know about fev, but we, Toulouse, are battling for 1st.

:D

You may be disappointed sir!!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't see it happening.  I think 3rd is the best you or we (Fev) can hope for.

Although if one of us manages to finish ahead of Leigh, the sight of those Leythers crying in their Lobby will be priceless.

yeah... OK Leigh might be the favorite... and TO needs to find regularity and composure... it is too early. 

but I really dont Think Toronto is untouchable (i might be the only one here, and I have no hard feelings about them, iam happy they are in the competition...). it is simply too early to say. Last year, Toulouse finished 2nd after the 11 first matchs with a victory over Hull KR. back then I was sure we would make the top 4... 

AND there are teams in the Championship (fev batley London, Toulouse) which can play great RL and could be ennoying for SL teams (Not during a season, but on One match). So Yes Toronto is going to lose matches this season, and if the format of the SL stay with 12 teams, their SL promotion is aboslutely NOT a done deal.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't see it happening.  I think 3rd is the best you or we (Fev) can hope for.

Although if one of us manages to finish ahead of Leigh, the sight of those Leythers crying in their Lobby will be priceless.

Sorry Dave but us leigh fans are used to disappointment,so much so that the local lobby bakers actually started adding tears to our lobby years ago just so we could acclimatise to the taste

3 hours ago, Fabou said:

dont know about fev, but we, Toulouse, are battling for 1st.

:D

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

I admire your optimism......dont lose it. 

It's a long season and there are 6+ teams fighting for top 4. There is nothing wrong with pole publicly stating that their team will finish 1st, all of them have a chance of doing it, some less than others but Toulouse are definitely in the mix for first this season. yo keep up the positivity Fabou!

Now as a Wolfpcak supporter I will have to also state my claim for 1st and  wish yo all the best for securing 2nd! 

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Sorry Dave but us leigh fans are used to disappointment,so much so that the local lobby bakers actually started adding tears to our lobby years ago just so we could acclimatise to the taste

Well you can cheer for TWP...it's the new Leigh! Just a bit upgraded...biggest upgrade is non tw@ owner...and a hot dog gun!

Just now, David Shepherd said:

Tell me more about this hot dog gun.  As a portly gentleman who eats far too much, this could be just the innovation I'm looking for!

Forget the hotdog gun David and check out the world hotdog eating championship at Nathan's famous in New York,it's actually quite a complex contest,speaking of which,batley to beat us by 7 points,Neil jukes gets the boot and keiron Cunningham takes over

Archived