12 Apr: SL: Widnes Vikings v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/18 at 18:45

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why Widnes bothered to get back into the game if it was only to defend like this. Five hapless minutes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Seems almost like an attacker can’t jump and compete for the ball now . Hoes he gonna catch it otherwise , there’ll always be some contact but the way it’s ruled now is crazy . Seems any touch is a foul 

He saw the knock-on, why go for the screen?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

griffin settles it and its 33-20 to hull final score good effort from an injury hit widnes side.and just to rub it in shaul gets a last minute try and sneyd kicks the goal 39-20

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

42 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I like him as a centre . Big and strong . Not many centres around maybe he should get more of a mention 

He's having a really good year actually. Has often looked our most dangerous player. But he is proper rocks and diamonds. He can make something out of nothing and then the next minute he is bombing a certain try. If he can find some more consistency in his play he could get himself in the England reckoning.

It was a decent result in the end. We scored some nice tries, the forwards were dominant (I thought Green was excellent), Litten once again looked completely at home at this level and I thought Downs played his best game for Hull so far having been asked to play far longer than would have been the plan. We did what we had to do. But I still havent seen us put in a really strong performance yet this year. We have bursts of 10 minutes here and there where we look unplayable, but theres lots of huffing and puffing in between. With very important games against Leeds and Cas coming up we need to start putting a few 80 minute displays in.

53 minutes ago, my missus said:

14-22 to hull matongo in off a forward pass and griffin in for tother.

Forward my arris, superb flat ball from Houghton completely caught out the defence.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I like him as a centre . Big and strong . Not many centres around maybe he should get more of a mention 

Griffin's stepped up a level this season, not seen many better.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

He's having a really good year actually. Has often looked our most dangerous player. But he is proper rocks and diamonds. He can make something out of nothing and then the next minute he is bombing a certain try. If he can find some more consistency in his play he could get himself in the England reckoning.

Griffin has been generally pants for whole of his career but has enough occasional good games to earn a living.

Eddie said 6 clubs in 10 seasons!  Very fortunate to get a gig at a club like Hull and more often than not looks one of their weakest links.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Griffin has been generally pants for whole of his career but has enough occasional good games to earn a living.

Eddie said 6 clubs in 10 seasons!  Very fortunate to get a gig at a club like Hull and more often than not looks one of their weakest links.

Perhaps. But he seems to have really stepped up a gear this year. He has caused most teams lots of problems. Not the most skillful centre by a long way but he is a real handful. As I said. Needs to find consitency and become a bit more clinical. But all in all I am really happy with him this season.

So, we managed to scrape a win but when you think about it it was never in doubt with everything going against Widnes.

Well, that's what I've read up to now.

I was astounded that, although it was eventually disallowed, a length of the field try by Hull was interrupted during live Sky coverage because they wanted to show a shot of Denis Betts holding his head in his hands.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

So, we managed to scrape a win but when you think about it it was never in doubt with everything going against Widnes.

Well, that's what I've read up to now.

I was astounded that, although it was eventually disallowed, a length of the field try by Hull was interrupted during live Sky coverage because they wanted to show a shot of Denis Betts holding his head in his hands.

Would have made far better drama if Radders had Betts Head in his hands!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Apologies for my "laugh" notification overload during this thread.

They're not particularly directed at people's comments, more the 6 times that Steve Reed has felt the need to appreciate every post that is a downer on Hull FC.

He just can't help himself, he does it during every Hull FC match thread, he's hilariously predictable.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 points is all that matters.

Credit to Widnes.  Really had a go and their creativity was up another level, compared to Hulls.

Griffin is making a lot of metres and can genuinely punch holes in defences.  Past playing history aside, he is having a good season.

The Widnes try where he appeared to have lost the ball was a strange one.  The Ref couldn’t have been any closer!

Hull were bigger, stronger and quicker when it mattered, particularly out wide. They got a few 50/50 decisions in the first half, but there was less messing about (and less playacting) in the second, which made for a quicker game. Griffin did look good, but I think he was made to look like a worldie by some of the tackling.

Thought the scoreline flattered Hull in the end. It suggests a dominant performance but it was far from that.

I know they're down on numbers but I think Widnes would be better off without Houston,  the guys a liability with his endless stream of silly penalties, 2 of which put Hull into the field positions from which they scored.

I think the game also showed up Sneyd's limitations and why his can't get near an England shirt. Last night was made for him, fast pitch which is great for kickers and an inexperienced struggling opposition.  He should have been pulling Widnes apart but was largely anonymous. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

20 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Thought the scoreline flattered Hull in the end. It suggests a dominant performance but it was far from that.

I know they're down on numbers but I think Widnes would be better off without Houston,  the guys a liability with his endless stream of silly penalties, 2 of which put Hull into the field positions from which they scored.

I think the game also showed up Sneyd's limitations and why his can't get near an England shirt. Last night was made for him, fast pitch which is great for kickers and an inexperienced struggling opposition.  He should have been pulling Widnes apart but was largely anonymous. 

Sneyd has limitations yes. And apart from a couple of nice interventions I agree he was quiet. But whether or not someone plays for England shouldnt be determined by whether they can shine against low quality opposition with everything in their favour. Quite the opposite in fact. Its how you fare in the big moments when it matters. Sneyd has a pretty good CV from that point of view.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Apologies for my "laugh" notification overload during this thread.

They're not particularly directed at people's comments, more the 6 times that Steve Reed has felt the need to appreciate every post that is a downer on Hull FC.

He just can't help himself, he does it during every Hull FC match thread, he's hilariously predictable.

No need to apologise. It is sensible to put in a few comments that people can 'laugh' at: they all count as rep points. Wigan fans helped me 'win the day' last weekend through that very mechanism.

Archived